OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

blk/gold elites are alright

not worth the price hike IMO

will cop on clearance if still available (probably not :lol:)

really? he has 23 signature shoes and won 6 championships. so are the 17 other shoes not as worthy or are a step down? to each his own i guess.
well. it seems in the eyes of most of NT, every shoe after 13 is garbage

dont tell me that tho the 18 is my favorite

but generally arent 11,12,13,3, etc some of the more sought after J's

Last edited:
:smh::smh::smh:

take my got damn money Nike

take my got damn money

:x

fades and black elites too crazy. Elites will be copped on discount though..

pics of the white?

and i dont know how much clearance bro, doesnt seem like they are making too many pairs in general of any of these shoes.

the black/gold def look very nice too bad i hate black shoes

No pics of the white...just imagining the KD Home Elite colorway on those Kobe Away Elite 8s...guess we'll see in Game 3 of the 1st round of the Playoffs.

Is $250 a reasonable price for the ASGs?
Should I cop now, or will the price drop in the future like the Kobe 7 ASGs?

amnesties >>>> s dubl

Shots fired
:smokin might just agree... I like them THAT much :lol:

Black elites look nice, but I'm not paying retail... Made that mistake on the VIIs, haven't even worn em yet.

Nah.

What I was saying was in relation to the these as faux Big Stages, they don't compare to the originals...both in meaning and looks (especially at $220).

These Elite 8s are nice in themselves...but not as a replacement for the Big Stage Vs...IMO.
ah, i see what you mean now.
I have to agree. I remember when I missed out on the Big Stages and I bought these

KOBEBHM.jpg

I thought it would suffice but in my head I just knew the same as what Dark Steel stated. I got so fed up I used tax refund to pull trigger on Big Stages Aways, because in the end no shoe will just be the same.

so from experience I can say 100%, no shoe will ever replace another. I tried this with Chaos 6 vs Chaos 5, still nothing beat Chaos 5 (still searching for size 12 to this day). I tried this with Flu Game 12s Nubuck vs All Leather, nothing beats all leather (waiting for future retro). I am sure everyone has an example in their closet.

Sulfurs, Purple Fades/Gradient (first 2 purrr of my life), Black/Gold/Purple PEs, and maybe these elites and I can get this butterfly effect out of me.

Last edited:
Black elites are nice for $160....my black yots will do fine til blackouts release. If they don't then black elites only at a discount. I'm a sucker for a black shoe

Anybody who missed out on Easters, keep checking ebay cause looks like hype has died down for other releases, just got my size for 167.50 shipped

No pics of the white...just imagining the KD Home Elite colorway on those Kobe Away Elite 8s...guess we'll see in Game 3 of the 1st round of the Playoffs.

Man, you have more faith than I do. I love my Lakers, but I just don't see it happening this year, especially since the the Jazz just have to play the T-wolves twice out of their last 3 games. Lakers will have to run the table I think, to have a shot. However, I have been praying...

if Lakers dont make it to the Playoffs, I see one of two things happening with elites....

1) They release in large volume (released all pairs produced) and they sit and hit sales racks/outlets.

2) Nike realizes since Lakers and Kobe didnt make it, not much interest in the shoe. They Release them in limited quantities to build hype.

if Lakers dont make it to the Playoffs, I see one of two things happening with elites....

1) They release in large volume (released all pairs produced) and they sit and hit sales racks/outlets.

2) Nike realizes since Lakers and Kobe didnt make it, not much interest in the shoe. They Release them in limited quantities to build hype.

Theyll prob end up doing 2 either way.

Man, you have more faith than I do. I love my Lakers, but I just don't see it happening this year, especially since the the Jazz just have to play the T-wolves twice out of their last 3 games. Lakers will have to run the table I think, to have a shot. However, I have been praying...

You gotta have faith!

But make the Playoffs and get knocked out in the 1st round, or miss the Playoffs entirely...

Those Elites are Outlet bound (especially for $220)...unless they release in Big Stage V numbers...IMO

Those Elite 8's are ******g incredible.

That price though? :smh:

As far as the colorway is concerned, Nike made up for not releasing these...

Last edited:
regardless IF lakers dont make it to playoffs its still been a great season for Kobe the accomplishments hes had this season have been nothing short of spectacular especially at his age... hes played against many great players and right now hes playing one on one against father time while dealing with team, coach, and player issues... last night he had 30 pts 6 rebs 6 asts n 5 steals dudes a beast and the kobe 8 shoe personally is going down as a memorable shoe maybe not for the lakers season but as kobes accomplishments as a player 
pimp.gif

As nice as the Black/Gold Elites look, they can't compare to my Big Stage Vs...

The Big Stages have the lore of Kobe's 5th championship behind them, while this years Elites could possibly equal a first round Playoff KO... :smh:

Completely agree with you, but come on man....90% of these dudes in here weren't even around when the V's released. :lol:

Ended up paying 170 shipped on Ebay for the Volts I wanted and they arrived this morning. Good lord they're comfortable. I was hopeful since I'd read so many good things about them but they've exceeded my expectations and there's the added benefit of looking sick. I'm not even mad at Nike restocking them for retail and paying an extra 30 bucks. Now I just have to hope they restock the blue glows and maybe the sulfurs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom