OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Man who cares. That's how the shoe community is now so it's something to deal with. Either ignore the question or help them. Nothing will change. As long as we all get the pairs we want that's ALL that matters!
It's not just about the questions, it's the ignorance and hate the goes on now. People sit in these threads just to say each cw is trash, people constantly want to critique how others dress and then you have idiots calling others out for being "broke boys". ***** a joke.

One random dude asks when the mambacurials are releasing and all of the sudden everyone is unhappy in the thread lol. With the exception of controversial socks, I really see no arguing or hate...

#TeamCorby

I love how kicks crew and other sites have size 12 and up with insane high prices. Sucks having big feet.

Things are just much more mainstream now, so the whole "community" is just different, even from 1-2 years ago, for better or worse. Nowadays sneakers are more of an "in" thing, especially with all the forums/blogs/sites/Youtube reviewers/etc, and from some of that you'll naturally get some more bandwagon type of people and people just following whatever's hot but maybe not knowing all that much about sneakers. Def not saying ALL of the more recent people getting into sneakers are doing it just cuz it's popular, but that kind of thing just comes with becoming more mainstream/popular. Still, everybody's gotta start somewhere though, so I really can't knock somebody for being brand new or whatever.

I'll admit it's still slightly annoying at times just cuz it's gotten harder to pick up certain things these days compared to before :smile:lol & :smh: at the same time), but as long as I can still cop what I want, it's all just whatever IMO (the whole mess with bots/RSVPs is still annoying as hell). It's all relative though. I've been into shoes for over 10 years or so now, and I'm sure dudes who've been buying/collecting even longer could say "things used to be so much better in the early-mid 90s/80s, etc etc". But you could say the same type of things about anything else, rap, sports, whatever honestly. Things just change.

^Well said. It's just different now, oh well, it is what it is.

Anyway, got my bhm today, it's not actually bad on feet might just keep it as a beater pair.

^^ +1
Nowadays sneakers are more of an "in" thing. Everybody's gotta start somewhere though, so I really can't knock somebody for being brand new or whatever.

I'll admit it's still slightly annoying at times just cuz it's gotten harder to pick up certain things these days compared to before  but as long as I can still cop what I want. Things just change.
Picked out a few things that I really liked from the post. All the complaining really needs to stop because like you said things change, always have always will.

Hell this whole "shoe collecting" "sneakerhead" phase/lifestyle/trend or what ever it means to you, might not even exist in a few years. What if JB decideds to call it quits on production? While someone of you shake your head and bash JB for quality and anything else, you have to admit that its a big contirbution to this "shoe game". Or once Kobe retires and Lebron retires they stop producing their shoes .. Yeah there are other brands that make shoes and some other big name high profile player will emerge ... but it wont be the same

WHAT IF ...

Last edited:

Anyway, got my bhm today, it's not actually bad on feet might just keep it as a beater pair.
a beater pair? really ..... thats how u feel about em

to each their own though

All the "this thread used to be..." And "nt used to be...." Reminds me of the CBS NBA msg boards about 6 years ago. I used to be a big part of it (djtankelite if anyone around here lol) for a few years always having good discussions with a bunch of daily contributors. People start to fade and new people show up sometimes taking away what you came to the site for with nonsense. That's what happened for me over there and last time I checked I couldn't even find message boards.

Just have to weed our the nonsense and keep it moving

All the "this thread used to be..." And "nt used to be...." Reminds me of the CBS NBA msg boards about 6 years ago. I used to be a big part of it (djtankelite if anyone around here lol) for a few years always having good discussions with a bunch of daily contributors. People start to fade and new people show up sometimes taking away what you came to the site for with nonsense. That's what happened for me over there and last time I checked I couldn't even find message boards.

Just have to weed our the nonsense and keep it moving

BHM are one of my least favorites but I found it funny it's going to be a beater pair when there are so many who are still searching for this lol

Just saying how I feel about the shoe.lol no offense to those who loves em.

I was originally planning to use it as trade bait but it looks nice too so why not just rock it.

Last edited:
Just saying how I feel about the shoe.lol no offense to those who loves em.

I was originally planning to use it as trade bait but it looks nice too so why not just rock it.
Lol no offense taken man.  What looks good to one person, definitely might not look good to others.

For example, I'm not a huge fan of the easters and it sounds like a lot of folks love em

Lol no offense taken man.  What looks good to one person, definitely might not look good to others.

For example, I'm not a huge fan of the easters and it sounds like a lot of folks love em
one mans trash is the next mans treasure or in this case one mans beaters is the next mans grails 
laugh.gif

Just a FYI. if you guys are still looking for easters, there's still a lot at the state st HOH in Chicago. 

shoes are meant to be worn. who cares what he does with them.

i wear all my shoes on the court, including my XI's
I agree and also wear all my shoes on court -- but when I responded I was just surprised he wanted the bhm to be his "beater" pair.  

In my mind, when I hear "beaters" I think of a pair that is worn through everything like mud, rain, etc and is practically torn up without any care of keeping them somewhat nice.  But now that I think of it, beaters could simply mean an everyday pair of kicks.

so many newbs 
mean.gif
Was just thinking that. Joined dates all new asking about "n7's" and mambamercurials. Although yours is a new joined date, as long as you aren't asking those questions too
happy.gif
Some of us like me who were Idle too long for some reason had to recreate my NikeTalk account thus I have Newb tags all over me. I am still kinda newb but I go back to the Kobe V Thread from 2010. But I do agree there be some dumb mofo's who ask stupid questions ( I learned the search topic thread button)!

I just refer people to www.lmgtfy.com :wink:

My dilemma with all my 8s is whether or not to rock them casually AND play ball in em.  I have 4 pairs and I like hoopin in all of them 
laugh.gif

I feel like once I wear them casually, they should stay that way.  I suppose if the traction stays in pretty good shape this won't matter...

and I know... "First world problems."

I should be ashamed...

Back
Top Bottom