OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

for those who likes matching so much, find the socks and pants on ur own loll

Good match!

I hope they get a US release date soon

Tee is more subtle:
http://www.eastbay.com/product/mode...irt-mens/black/pink/?cm=QUICK VIEW: MORE INFO

am i cheap? 22 is way too much for a plain black t with a pink swoosh on it, i wouldnt pay anymore than 7

for those who likes matching so much, find the socks and pants on ur own loll

Good match!

I hope they get a US release date soon

Tee is more subtle:
http://www.eastbay.com/product/mode...irt-mens/black/pink/?cm=QUICK VIEW: MORE INFO

am i cheap? 22 is way too much for a plain black t with a pink swoosh on it, i wouldnt pay anymore than 7
It's probably a dri-fit shirt. Not saying it makes it worth 22 but might be one reason it's priced that way.

I mean, $22 is a lot for a tee but its pretty much for going rate for tee these days. Coupon codes ease the pain. Heck a lot of tees cost $30+ now

Can u post a pic of what your talking about? How fast do the soles wear down??
volts, two months of wear. its so thin between my foot and the ground i may as well play barefoot.

sulfers, only worn on 3 separate occasions and look at them already.

volts, two months of wear. its so thin between my foot and the ground i may as well play barefoot.

damnn, nike should really start releasing some "GC" versions here in the states, we ball in playgrounds too smh. and if not, at least make more color options for the XDR soles on nike ID

Balling outdoors? If so, I'd def recommend giving the xdrs a shot. Go the Id route unless you can find a cheaper GC pair.

Tread/tread pattern might be the same, but compound used might be different.

If you go the xdr Id route, Nike should do something if they look like that within a month or two

Last edited:
I dont think it's just the kobe 8 I think any shoe without XDR will wear down fast if playing outside. The were meant for a wooden court...I ball regularly indoors in volts and sulfurs with no issues...

Balling outdoors? If so, I'd def recommend giving the xdrs a shot. Go the Id route unless you can find a cheaper GC pair.

Tread/tread pattern might be the same, but compound used might be different.

If you go the xdr Id route, Nike should do something if they look like that within a month or two
yeah balling outdoors like 90% of the time. the volts are pretty much worthless other than some casual wear now. sulfers still have a chance if i can save them for only indoor use from here on out and find some GC or id a pair.

I dont think it's just the kobe 8 I think any shoe without XDR will wear down fast if playing outside. The were meant for a wooden court...I ball regularly indoors in volts and sulfurs with no issues...
well I agree with it breaking down fast playing outdoors but i do think its an issue with kobes, the rubber is very soft in comparison to some other nike bball shoes. I dont know if they made it that thin to keep them lighter or what. I mean the sulfers in the picture have only been worn 3 times for maybe a total of 5 hours tops. theres no reason for them to look like that already.

Last edited:
Reminds me of when I balled outdoors in my flightposite Is back in 99. Soles lasted all of a week or so. Thin soles = quick death.

right. these are pink. not knocking anybody feelin em but yea..mcs are way more pink than purple.

i have a pair, they are more purple than pink.... but i guess the shade of purple might make people think its all pink in picture

well I agree with it breaking down fast playing outdoors but i do think its an issue with kobes, the rubber is very soft in comparison to some other nike bball shoes. I dont know if they made it that thin to keep them lighter or what. I mean the sulfers in the picture have only been worn 3 times for maybe a total of 5 hours tops. theres no reason for them to look like that already.

dang... i think i might stick to the 7s to ball outdoor since I barely play outdoor anyways. I rather beat on the 7s than on the 8s if they are only lasting that long

Last edited:

I have the same issue in the same spot on my Kobe V's Kobe VIs and of course the worst kobe of all time my Kobe VIIs. Ill know in 2 months if my 8s do the same, by these pics looks like another yes. ha.

Last edited:
I wouldn't recommend playing in Kobes outdoor even with the XDR. The compound just isn't durable like it used to compared with the old school kicks. It's made for indoors and even that I noticed wear on the outside heel and I play for about an hour a week in a NCAA gym. All in the name of shareholders and profits, skimp where they can.

The rubber compound is also thin, you take out the Lunarlon and it feels like you can practically poke a hole through with your fingers, that's how thin it is. There isn't a midsole, so that just compounds the force from your foot to the outsole therefore causing more friction and wear when playing on blacktop. Lunarlon is too soft after a few wears as well adding to the outsole wearing down too fast issue. 

Great looking shoe, great performance shoe initially, but after a few wears that shoes is toast as the pics suggests.

Last edited:

Yea I do see what you are saying I think they may have used less in an effort to lower them closer to the ground and make them as light as possible...

I wouldn't recommend play in Kobes outdoor even with the XDR. The compound just isn't durable like it used to compared with the old school kicks. It's made for indoors and even that I noticed wear on the outside heel and I play for about an hour a week in a NCAA gym. All in the name of shareholders and profits, skimp where they can.

The rubber compound is also thin, you take out the Lunarlon and it feels like you can practically poke a hole through with your fingers, that's how thin it is. There isn't a midsole, so that just compounds the force from your foot to the outsole therefore causing more friction and wear when playing on blacktop. Lunarlon is too soft after a few wears as well adding to the outsole wearing down too fast issue. 

Great looking shoe, great performance shoe initially, but after a few wears that shoes is toast as the pics suggests.
I have been saying this before.the outsole is so thin im going need two pairs just to play the whole summer indoors.

Back
Top Bottom