OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

had the BHMs in my hand, tried it on. PASSED.
there's just certain things that hype cannot cover up.
It's cool but it's just not for me.

Mayve if the VB had a white outsold, I'd be all over them.

And yes the red camo colorway is trash. Too red. If it didbt have the YOTS handle attached to them, they'd rot on shelves.

Went to my local Foot Locker to visit the purple fades again (they didn't come in my size) That shoe was done very well. My favorite 8

BHM are #1 on my list, just the unique upper and wear-ability of them sold me on it. Some shoes have too much going on and others don't have enough going on, these were perfect execution imo, especially compared to previous BHM models

What part of dropping the ball don't this guy understand? The shoe is wack.....Jeezus.

Prolly meant Yeezus.. :lol:

Sneakermane I thought u had better taste than that tho lol, but to each theys own..

I knew you would get me. :lol:

Afterall, you copped the best Kobe 8 colorways. :smokin

He didn't get u..

He got put in the same boat as u, in this specific topic anyway..

But I do agree/appreciate the BHM post up there Sneakermane, even tho Im 1 of those who doesnt see the hunger for this CW..

Orange has never been a fav of mine on a shoe, but the meaning/concept behind it goes w/o saying..

The orange is why I like the bhms the best and that print has grown on me from other products.
I was disappointed with the red camos in person and actually liked the blue lights better in person but I wouldn't say they're trash and would definitely cop on sale.

PS request for [COLOR=#red]Bigj505[/COLOR], can you guess the inspiration?

Ps OC 8s are straight fire! Please nike take note and give us ID option. These crap all over the upcoming snakes...IMO.

I don't think the red camos were a fail considering they sold so well. That said, it's the least favorite pair I own and will probably be the first color way of the 8 I hoop in. I'm still working on the vi and vii tho.

The BHMs pull in $300 which makes it more appealing to people who want a sneaker because of what they "could sell" it for and have no intentions of wearing them, instead of what it looks like. I mean they aren't that great. but to each their own.

Last edited:
I love the BHM because I like the way the orange pops and flows with the shoe. Im indifferent on the upper's pattern tho. I honestly don't know the after market price because I stopped looking after I got my pair so that doesn't affect my view of the shoe.
I sold my Area72 because I just didn't love them. They were chill but not better than my OC 6 chill so I moved them to a new home.

Picked up the volts from ndc when a member posted a size 10 was up yesterday. My boy helped me get them for 100 after his discount + a couple of small items to get eligible for free shipping. I like the volts more than the red camos at this point.

Prolly meant Yeezus.. :lol:

Sneakermane I thought u had better taste than that tho lol, but to each theys own..
He didn't get u..

He got put in the same boat as u, in this specific topic anyway..

But I do agree/appreciate the BHM post up there Sneakermane, even tho Im 1 of those who doesnt see the hunger for this CW..

Orange has never been a fav of mine on a shoe, but the meaning/concept behind it goes w/o saying..

Lol, YOU again. Didn't you run out of your 2 cents yet? :lol:

Last time I checked, the colorway represents something.

Then again, you probably thought BHM was just another nickname created by NT....

So, it's one of the best colorways because of what it represents? Hmm ok, what does that say about the past 2 years BHM colorways sitting? They sat for months at retail. Were they top colorways? Were people not supporting black history?

I know guys who are offended at the BHM shoes Nike puts out, always having tribal type print on them. This tribute shoe must have wild African print on it because that's what Black people relate with. Just like when white people hear African music and think its from the Lion King soundtrack. Both are bad assumptions.

Ridiculous

Last edited:
Went to my local Foot Locker to visit the purple fades again (they didn't come in my size) That shoe was done very well. My favorite 8
Arrested Development!! Lol can't wait for Sunday!

Back to the Kobes, I got a pair of the Purple fades for about 100 dollars, but it sucks that they weren't made in GS for everyone who wears small sizes

The BHM colorway did it for me. The pattern was okay but it wasn't all over the place with crazy colors and designs like the BHM VIIs :x Would've still bought them if they had a snake pattern and gr

Last edited:
BHMs aren't my favorite but definitely in the top 5. The colorblocking of the BHMs was executed nicely. The pattern looked really good on the EM. Compared to the KD and Lebron BHM(fan of both, though) the Kobe's didn't have too much or too little going on, perfect balance of the color and pattern. And for me, it doesn't hurt that orange is one of my favorite colors.

You dudes need stop taking someone's opinion as fact. If someone states a certain colorway is their favorite let it be. It's their opinion. No need to ask for justification. It's an opinion. Last I checked we all had our own. Whether you agree or disagree, respect it.

Top 5:
Easters
Christmas
All Stars (ppl hate them, but their real bright and if you got clothes to match they look good)
Red camo
Blue camo

BHMs aren't my favorite but definitely in the top 5. The colorblocking of the BHMs was executed nicely. The pattern looked really good on the EM. Compared to the KD and Lebron BHM(fan of both, though) the Kobe's didn't have too much or too little going on, perfect balance of the color and pattern. And for me, it doesn't hurt that orange is one of my favorite colors.

You dudes need stop taking someone's opinion as fact. If someone states a certain colorway is their favorite let it be. It's their opinion. No need to ask for justification. It's an opinion. Last I checked we all had our own. Whether you agree or disagree, respect it.

RIGHT^^^

Why cant we just like what we like without having to answer to the ePolice for why we do?
I like the BHM the best but Im certainly not going to pass judgment on the next man if he loves the Red Camos more.

Different strokes for different folks.

Why cant we just like what we like without having to answer to the ePolice for why we do?
I like the BHM the best but Im certainly not going to pass judgment on the next man if he loves the Red Camos more.

Agree, but for someone to imply that if you don't care for the colorway, you do not know what BHM is or what is stands for, or don't support the meaning behind it...That is absurd. :smh:

I don't think the red camos were a fail considering they sold so well. That said, it's the least favorite pair I own and will probably be the first color way of the 8 I hoop in. I'm still working on the vi and vii tho.

The red camos are the worst colourway of the 8 for me. There's no flow to the shoe at all and that silver heal cup just kills it.

I would buy them for $50 and destroy them outside

Agree, but for someone to imply that if you don't care for the colorway, you do not know what BHM is or what is stands for, or don't support the meaning behind it...That is absurd. :smh:

I can understand that. Im not a big BHM person myself but the shoes themselves were solid for me. I definitely like the color blocking for the simple fact that I don't own many shoes with the theme. Sometimes, one gets tired of black/white/red jordans all day or really loud shoes :lol:

The red camos are the worst colourway of the 8 for me. There's no flow to the shoe at all and that silver heal cup just kills it.

I would buy them for $50 and destroy them outside

I think the YOTS black and the Red Suedes were the 2 worse. The red camos could have been better but I also have a hoody that's red with a silver nike check so im not really mad about the colors used :lol:

Back
Top Bottom