OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Fireworks have taken center stage, but Kobe best save some for his US fans. 

Lol at Chinese fans snapping pics of Kobe the man.  NT fam would have those cell cams/ eyes on the prize 8s.  Little man to the bottom left understands.
nerd.gif

Last edited:
Just saw the black red and black grey PP at footlocker at Christiana mall DE
They are both chill but them milk snakes were sitting there, last pair, my size...... $105 out the door :pimp:

^LOL that dude getting all hostile trying to justify himself to everyone in here for spending Sandusky price on the MC's

Never liked the print on the pps but convinced myself to buy them to beat up at the gym. Saw them in person and that print is hot garbage. The couple display pairs were cracking in spots. Passed

smh they need to stop it with the kobe is identical to mike thing.

might as well call lebron da goat.

smh

let kobe be kobe.

keep comparing him to mj and you take away from his own legacy.

some one quote kobe when even he said he aint trying to be mj

You referring to the guy in Pearland, size 10, that won't be back in tn the States till August 22nd? Lol

No.

Yo was a banker with Chase and just quit about 4 months ago. Gonna be tough filing a claim regarding QP, if at all. Because when you send money to someone, they view it as you know the person. Hopefully everything works out, but I wouldn't recommend doing it again. :rolleyes

I'll be fine.

Yeah, I don't see the point in comparing them. It's a terrible comparison, though I can see why they do it (position, coach, etc).

If we're talking shoes, Mike has the iconic line. Though, I'll say Nike Kobe (and the Adidas) are probably better currently aesthetically.

kobe, working under the belief that MJ was the best, studied MJ.

anyone who has played ball in here knows that you watch on days, and then you go out on the playground and mimic what you saw...its the same for Kobe

He patterned his game using MJ as the foundation because he wanted to be the best, and its what makes him the player he is today. A lot of people tried, but he was able to do it with his talent, heart, and passion for the game.

I don't want to get into the argument but I just don't think the comparison is fair to Kobe or that it should even be made. MJ is one of the top 5 players of all time. We could poll NT and some probably wouldn't feel the same about Kobe.

I will say his work ethic is legendary. You can even see it in how he's trying to recover from his AC injury.

kobe, working under the belief that MJ was the best, studied MJ.

anyone who has played ball in here knows that you watch on days, and then you go out on the playground and mimic what you saw...its the same for Kobe

He patterned his game using MJ as the foundation because he wanted to be the best, and its what makes him the player he is today. A lot of people tried, but he was able to do it with his talent, heart, and passion for the game.

This. Nobody is trying to say Kobe is better than MJ, but to try to deny that Kobe didn't use Michaels game as a blueprint is foolish. People forget Kobe's work ethic. This guy didn't come into the NBA as a #1 draft pick. He was chosen 13th in the 1st round. He has worked incredibly hard to be where he is and a lot of it has to do with how high Michael set the bar.

Kobe is Kobe Mike is Mike

But im going to be fair and say that the Kobe 8 is kobe flagship shoe

the way i feel the air jordan 4 is jordans

that said

how many more cws are now coming out after the 3 pps the graffits tonys and sparks?

I agree. He was #13, below A.I., Marcus Camby, Marbury, Nash, Jermaine O'Neal, etc.

He did work hard and still managed to shine while playing alongside one of the most dominant players of all time. I'll never forget him dropping 81. But again, no one is taking away his work ethic or what he has accomplished, I just don't think he should be compared to the greatest of all time. I don't even think it was kosher that they were doing the same for Lebron after championship #2.

Just let these players stand out on their own without the ridiculous comparisons. It's entertaining but it's so off kilt and impractical.

And please Nike, let's stop with the underwhelming color ways. I think the Lebron XI Parachute looks more alluring despite than the Royals, Graffitis, Fireworks. Now maybe if we got the purple and yellow or the amnesties.

AJ are arguable. I'm a fan of the 1s, 3s, 4s, 11s but the other ones are all iconic. Nike is smart to keep going to the retro well, it just prints money (Maybach Music).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom