OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Good luck, these will never be in an "outlet".  Do you see Grinch's in outlets or even in retail stores? These were just as limited which is why people are buying them for $300.

ginches originally released in retail stores, hit outlets as well...

Lunar cushioning is unbelievable- my knees feel great after 3 hours of full court balling and yet the ride was so plush (like walking on thick pillows, could wear these as my everydays based on comfort,)

Ain't this the damn truth! I could literally tell a different in my knee and legs after playing in these compared to other stuff lately. I can't describe how great these feel.

over $200 is STILL a RAPE PRICE brah!!!
anything over retail is rape price lol...but I understand

If you're looking to pay resale for these, don't jump quite yet. Usually prices spike immediately after release because dudes are desperate/thirsty for them, but after the market gets flooded with more pairs from people getting them off of NDC, FTL, Eastbay, etc, the price will drop, even if it's not as big a drop as you might hope or want. The big price leap after that is only gonna happen after pairs start drying up when these become harder and harder to find. If you can practice some patience, it'll pay off for you, although sometimes if you really want a pair...you just really gotta have it ASAP :lol:
I disagree flooded or not. a lot of people couldn't cop these. and especially for the most frequent sizes of 9-11 I feel prices will be up there for these for a long time.
way too many good reviews on this shoe on top of it looking fantastic.

This isnt necessarily true tho with all sneakers. For instance I'll use the Black History Month KDs and the Year Of The Dragon KDs both from earlier this year. When ppl first started reselling them there were the usual pairs going for 200+ but then there were ppl selling them for like 120-150 which isnt bad at all. Now theyre both hard as hell to find and if you do find them, theyre much more pricey especially the BHMs smh
perfect example. actually all KDs...95 dollar shoe going for 200. smh
but look at bhm kobe 7s. xmas kobe 7s yotd. all go for 200 plus. I feel the only reason xmas 7s went down a bit is because they released the other 2 colors.

im not trying to over hype this 8 but has there been a bad performance review yet. performance+style+quickstrike = $$$$$

Good luck, these will never be in an "outlet".  Do you see Grinch's in outlets or even in retail stores? These were just as limited which is why people are buying them for $300.

Lol, I use to live in Orlando where there's 5 outlets and I can vouch there will be a few "B" Grades of course but the defects are never noticeable. Keep your eyes open!

you reselling?
Nope

This isnt necessarily true tho with all sneakers. For instance I'll use the Black History Month KDs and the Year Of The Dragon KDs both from earlier this year. When ppl first started reselling them there were the usual pairs going for 200+ but then there were ppl selling them for like 120-150 which isnt bad at all. Now theyre both hard as hell to find and if you do find them, theyre much more pricey especially the BHMs smh

Aren't you basically describing exactly what I just said though? There's the usual high spike for prices, then a dip after all of the people who bought pairs for retail get them. After pairs start drying up, prices go up again. The pattern is spike-dip-spike by in large for most shoes unless it's something really really limited. If you're trying to spend resale prices, you gotta try and catch it during that dip when there are enough pairs flooding the market.

Most of the time this is true, but if you look at what people are asking and buying the Kobe VI Grinch for now days you better jump on them. Although I understand the Grinch are super rare.
Yes...but those are prices for the Grinches TWO YEARS AFTER THE RELEASE when most pairs are in the hands of people who genuinely want them. Like I already said, it's when pairs dry up that the price starts shooting up again. If you can't avoid resale prices and have to pay it to get something you want, you want to try and catch things not too much later after the release date when there are still enough pairs around to keep the prices "honest". Prices for the Grinches were mostly going for 200 something (probably 225-275 on average) for a good while after they dropped, then those prices started spiking after most pairs were "off the market". Unless it's something ultra rare, prices tend to calm down after the initial craze. These Xmas 8s are not so super rare where you have to jump ASAP at these first resale prices. Wait a little bit, and save yourself a bit of money, but if you really want them and don't care about spending extra, more power to you.

Last edited:
so what are you saying minimum price right now you should pay for xmas kobes...I would say 200 minimum.

so what are you saying minimum price right now you should pay for xmas kobes...I would say 200 minimum.

minimum or maximum? minimum would be free...

luckily I paid retail on NDC, but I was prepared to pay $200ish if I missed out. That would cover retail, tax, shipping, fees, and a nice tip/profit for whoever was willing to help.

and its very true what Wayne is saying... prices always go crazy right after release because people missed online, and in store so they NEED them NOW. When online orders the market starts to get saturated and prices will drop a little... then if the demand is still there once the people that actually want them have them, prices will rise. Sometimes to crazy 3-4-500+ prices.

Best bet is to have a max of what youre willing to pay if you really want, be patient and pounce once you find something reasonable in your eyes.

Last edited:
If you're looking to pay resale for these, don't jump quite yet. Usually prices spike immediately after release because dudes are desperate/thirsty for them, but after the market gets flooded with more pairs from people getting them off of NDC, FTL, Eastbay, etc, the price will drop, even if it's not as big a drop as you might hope or want. The big price leap after that is only gonna happen after pairs start drying up when these become harder and harder to find. If you can practice some patience, it'll pay off for you, although sometimes if you really want a pair...you just really gotta have it ASAP :lol:
I disagree flooded or not. a lot of people couldn't cop these. and especially for the most frequent sizes of 9-11 I feel prices will be up there for these for a long time.
way too many good reviews on this shoe on top of it looking fantastic.
I think that's just the hype talking...Yes, these were limited, have good reviews, look great, etc etc. You can say that about lots of limited shoes, people want them for a whole list of different reasons. I don't think these were limited to the point where people have to immediately pay prices like 275-300+ that some of these first day resellers are asking for. I'm not saying these are gonna go for less than 200 or something, but unless I'm wrong and people are really THAT thirsty these days, you should be able to get a pair more around the $240-260 range if you can be a little more patient. After more pairs dry up, sure, prices will go back up and probably stay there.

Anyway, just my personal 2 cents, feel free to disagree.

i wish i had another 15% off coupon for NDC like i used when i ordered my jordan bred 11s. i really wanna ID a chaos pair but dont wanna pay close to $200.

What's ~$25 though when your already paying 200+?

I see what your saying tho. Not advocating the prices are reasonable , but I can't blame cats dropping that much to make sure they don't miss the boat when the next one to come is $300+

I see what your saying tho. Not advocating the prices are reasonable , but I can't blame cats dropping that much to make sure they don't miss the boat when the next one to come is $300+
Yeah, I agree it's not a huge amount if you're already paying that much. But to me, it's like if I'm buying so many damn shoes already, I wanna find any way I can to pay less than I need to. At the rate a bunch of us are buying sneakers at, the little stuff just adds up. I'm guilty myself of paying unnecessarily high resale prices for something I just HAD to have and missed out on for retail, but after doing this whole thing for a while now, I rarely regret being a little patient and saving some change for my wallet.

for people that ordered from SH have you recieved your order yet? Mine still says in transit "Northern Sort GB". Any help would be appreciated!

ugly sweater pattern
Ugliest Kobe ever.
plain looking midsole
ugly patterns
not suited for casual wear
ran out of ideas
:smh:

It's annoying because many people who REALLY liked the shoe missed out on them
so that people who want to resell them can get them. lol

And now they're the best Kobe out... ever.
butter on your feet. For me, the Rhino Vipers are the best Xmas Kobes to come out.
Yep, I have the Grinches... The detail on these is simple crazy. They may not have the
best Christmas back story, of course, but they look BEASTLY.

People who get the Xmas Kobe for $200 consider yourself very lucky.

For me, the Rhino Vipers are the best Xmas Kobes to come out.
Yep, I have the Grinches... The detail on these is simple crazy. They may not have the
best Christmas back story, of course, but they look BEASTLY.

I agree, these are the most striking Kobe Xmas shoe to release. There is good reason why these sold out before the Xmas KD's and Xmas LeBron's, which are both solid Xmas shoes as well.

yeah, I'm just happy I got em at retail. waking up 6am was worth it for sure.
(I only do this maybe 2x a year when I don't have work)

Whoever got the cancellation call from deadstock.ca should check their accounts. deadstock.ca charged my friend who got his pair cancelled, when knowingly not being able to fulfill orders.

They called and basically they were gonna cancel my order and if he couldn't fulfill the order them he would refund the money I haven't got a refund or tracking for shipping them out yet anyone in the same situation with deadstock

when do kobe 8 backpacks release on eastbay?
We are expecting to be carrying a Kobe VIII Ultimatum Gear Backpack in Anthracite/Black/Electric Yellow in the middle of February. Please check with us directly at this time for any further inquiries.

EastbayRep - Elizabeth

Still nothing from deadstock other than my receipt. Going to call their web order phone number today when they open.

Back
Top Bottom