OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Hello I am new here my names junior
Ive been checking out this site for a couple of Weeks now and I decide to pull the trigger and join.

But I went a week before release date to sign up to gurantee my pair and I soon as I picked them up 12/26 I put them right on

Patience is key. I have my price I'm willing to pay, I will wait or I will just move on to the next one. Not a big deal, just not looking to line some guys pockets.

Agree with all those saying that the Lunar is out of this world. Day 4 of hooping in them completed and the lunar is still as plush yet responsive as the first wear. EM starting to morph to my foot as well, best hoop shoes of Kobe line IMO.

Yeah, I agree it's not a huge amount if you're already paying that much. But to me, it's like if I'm buying so many damn shoes already, I wanna find any way I can to pay less than I need to. At the rate a bunch of us are buying sneakers at, the little stuff just adds up. I'm guilty myself of paying unnecessarily high resale prices for something I just HAD to have and missed out on for retail, but after doing this whole thing for a while now, I rarely regret being a little patient and saving some change for my wallet.

Yep this man speaks the truth!

You really think they're not gonna be more "hot" Kobes coming out this cycle?

The Kobe VII which sucked had at least 3 hot limited colorways....Most recent Kobes have had at least 6-10 hot limited colorways.

Relax guys theres gonna be another hot Kobe release to come along soon

I agree, these are the most striking Kobe Xmas shoe to release. There is good reason why these sold out before the Xmas KD's and Xmas LeBron's, which are both solid Xmas shoes as well.

yeah the reason is bc kobes were way more limited than the two other shoes in the pack!! funny how most of you trashed this shoe now all lovey dubby when release comes typical NT... lol

What's ~$25 though when your already paying 200+?
I see what your saying tho. Not advocating the prices are reasonable , but I can't blame cats dropping that much to make sure they don't miss the boat when the next one to come is $300+
when im buying 20+ pairs of sneakers a year, an extra $20-30 begins to add up. this year alone ive bought 30 pairs of sneakers, 8 which were kobe 7s.

Last edited:
Am I reaching or does the Kobe 8 Christmas go well with Patagonia gear? (I'm not into matching, just struck me that the logo kinda matched the colorway)

yeah the reason is bc kobes were way more limited than the two other shoes in the pack!! funny how most of you trashed this shoe now all lovey dubby when release comes typical NT... lol

The KDs were more limited than the Kobes and lebrons from what I heard/was told.

yup, there will be more hot colorways. But we all know
it's ALWAYS the xmas shoe that everyone wants. Even
if they're not the best colorway. I'm personally waiting for
the blue lights.

Blackouts will be my new hoop shoe if they come out. Cop em for the low though no retail on an all black shoe lol

I feel the only thing that will keep resell prices down would be if kobe 8s just hit hot cw after hot cw to where people aren't stressed about missing the QS.
because they spent the money on the others.

sort of like the KDIV's for me
there were so many good cws, and ID was awesome,
I personally could pass on all the QS because none were super special to me. (actually I didn't like any of them) I just wanted the rogues which I still haven't gotten yet.

Are these more comfortable than the LeBron X and Hyperposites?

Literally apples to oranges. This depends on what type of player you are AND what type of shoe you prefer.

The X is a damn comfortable shoe. No denying that. The max zoom setup feels amazing when running, but is a little too high off the ground for my preference to give me confidence when slashing through the lane and going for rebounds.

The 8 is lower and provides a slightly better lockdown fit. (Although the X has GREAT lockdown already) The biggest difference is obviously cut of the shoe, the cushion, and court feel. Being lower to the ground is what I prefer so the 8 takes the crown for me.

I haven't even messed with the Hyperposite but the same rules will apply.

The Kobe 8 is really the best hooping shoe out of the box I have ever had. Cushion flexibility traction and fit are all TOP NOTCH. Seriously people stop asking if its good and go cop two pairs right now!

Finally used the Xmas Kobes for basketball. Obviously, with everyone's testaments, these are the best performing Kobes ever. Superb comfort, great court grip, plush lunarlon.

I have a little gripe about the toebox though. It was kinda roomy from the sides (but not reminiscent of the Jordan 18 huge toebox).. I would've wanted a more snug fit but then again, maybe it's just my feet.

Finally used the Xmas Kobes for basketball. Obviously, with everyone's testaments, these are the best performing Kobes ever. Superb comfort, great court grip, plush lunarlon.
I have a little gripe about the toebox though. It was kinda roomy from the sides (but not reminiscent of the Jordan 18 huge toebox).. I would've wanted a more snug fit but then again, maybe it's just my feet.

yeah they were more spacious. but I guess it's a good thing when you think
about what the kobe 7 did to our feet. lol

The KDs were more limited than the Kobes and lebrons from what I heard/was told.

Kobes were definitely more limited than the KD/Brons

At least in the east coast.

IDK why but Kobes arent ordered as much.

Last year KD were more "limited" because it was his breakout year and HoH managers hoarded them for themselves or retail

NTDC tweeted the following: "The Kobe 8 ‘Holiday’ sizes 8, 9.5, 10-12, 14 are available in-store. First-come, first-serve $140." Did the same for the Lebrons earlier.

Back
Top Bottom