OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

The pair on ISS? The first pic he had up were authentic, the most recent pic he put up are fakes. 

I had put in an offer for the asking price the first day he had them listed, and when he didn't respond, I figured he was BSing. 

Haha, hell yeah. That last pic, that clear translucent piece that runs above the midsole isn't suppose to stretch all the way to the hell piece.

I called him out on it and told them they were fakes. He just responded, "No." :lol:

Yea, what a waste of time.

But I'd jump at that pair for $300 you found. Sad to say, but that's gonna be as good as it gets, especially in a 12.

12. Saw a pair at $240 on one site. No box, did some more comparisons and they were clearly fakes.

Yep that's my size, I'd jump at those.

Hell I paid ~220 per pair retail+ship for mine since I got from UK and Spain lol

Last edited:
These are purple dynasty

Really feeling these, love the design on the upper, I think scales just look pixelated. Don't think these look like a pit viper though... but I guess they don't all have to be snakes.

Anybody wanna start calling the fades 'smooth earth snakes' ?

a13.jpg

told you the lace swap would look better on the graffiti :wink:

I saw them in person today and they are nice idk why ppl hate on them, I think they are better than the volts imo

Graffitis are my first pair and I am HOOKED. Going back for the other colorways... wish I hadn't slept on these for so long :frown:

Is $300 shipped a reasonable price for the MCs? Seems like I can't find anything lower than that.
I bought two pairs, size 14. First pair I paid $305, second pair I worked on the guy a little bit and got down to $275. If you really want them, I'd do it.

Just make sure you look for all the signs...ghost swoosh, proper size/alignment of the forefoot swoosh, color of the eyelets, white NIKE print, etc.

I've been thinking about why this shoe in particular is so appealing to me...

Did a lot of you guys skateboard, or wear skate shoes when you were younger? Aside from the weight, that's one thing I can think of. For awhile I had some driving mocs too that I wore everyday until they had holes in 'em. These kobes are similar to those as well because you get great pedal feel.

For any cats in the South Florida area the Marshalls at Dolphin Mall has a pair of the Red Camo/YOTS 8's size 11 for 49.99. It's a display pair but regardless that's a steal.

I am in south florida too that area specifically but whenever I find something it's not my size think someone here can hook me up ? 
grin.gif

50 bucks! That's a steal

Yessir!!!!

Also is it just me or do these really make your knees sore after a few hours of scrimmage and/or pickup? The lunarlon is straight butter :smokin with how plush every step is but my knee is so damn sore after a few hours when I finished up practice last week and that practice was pretty light with mostly off the dribble stuff and ball handling. If this continues I'll have to switch back to them KDs. For the people that play competitive ball lemme know that it ain't just me.

Last edited:
Ya I can't play days back to back, I am overweight so I can def feel it however I've been cutting down and it doesn't bother as much. Considering how light they are they have insane cushion to their phylon/air based models.

So I switch the shoe up with the Jordan xx8

Yessir!!!!

Also is it just me or do these really make your knees sore after a few hours of scrimmage and/or pickup? The lunarlon is straight butter :smokin with how plush every step is but my knee is so damn sore after a few hours when I finished up practice last week and that practice was pretty light with mostly off the dribble stuff and ball handling. If this continues I'll have to switch back to them KDs. For the people that play competitive ball lemme know that it ain't just me.

I haven't played hard in my 8's. pretty light pickup and shooting around. I'm afraid they'll rip to be honest. I have some kd 5s I play in also and I say those are worse for my knees than the KB 8s. I get sore knees much easier now as I've gotten older. Have to say if you are like me with knees or you like cushioning the lebron X are the best for that. Kobe's have a quicker feel. Just depends on what you are going for in your shoe.

I haven't played hard in my 8's. pretty light pickup and shooting around. I'm afraid they'll rip to be honest. I have some kd 5s I play in also and I say those are worse for my knees than the KB 8s. I get sore knees much easier now as I've gotten older. Have to say if you are like me with knees or you like cushioning the lebron X are the best for that. Kobe's have a quicker feel. Just depends on what you are going for in your shoe.

I'm a young cat but I had a history of a torn acl so maybe that could be it. It's just that I don't get that spring and responsiveness like I do from a zoom air bag when I explode off the floor. The shoes are def butter out of the box so I'll play in them more to I get feel for it. Never had this issue with kd's and previous kobe's.

Soreness might not be a bad thing becuase you are properly using your muscles. With a minimal shoe like this or even the crazyquick, it feels much different than playing in the lebron X or something with much more cushion. Your feet and muscles are working harder and asorbing more impact rather than the shoe doing it for you. Switching straight from a heavily cushioned shoe to a lightweight and minimal shoe and you will feel the difference. It takes some time to get use to it. Just make sure that it is only soreness and not a knee problem

Last edited:
Forgive what will definitely seem like I've been under a rock but how does one do a stock locate? And am I correct in thinking a stock locate is when a store checks stock at all stores nationwide and then will ship that shoe to your location for pickup? If anyone could be so kind to explain the process to me, I'd appreciate it.

Depends on your size I paid 240 shipped for a sz 10 a while back
As time goes on, prices go higher.  The longer you wait, the higher you will pay.  Prices were around 240 when they came out but as pairs dry up and the release gets distant, pairs will start going for $350+ so buy them now while you can cause the prices will never get any lower than what you see. Just look at the Grinches.  MC's or Christmas lights will reach that by next year.

Last edited:
Soreness might not be a bad thing becuase you are properly using your muscles. With a minimal shoe like this or even the crazyquick, it feels much different than playing in the lebron X or something with much more cushion. Your feet and muscles are working harder and asorbing more impact rather than the shoe doing it for you. Switching straight from a heavily cushioned shoe to a lightweight and minimal shoe and you will feel the difference. It takes some time to get use to it. Just make sure that it is only soreness and not a knee problem

same here. During my first runs with my 8s, my arch will be sore for days. Now My feet feel stronger and no more soreness. :smile:

Like using Nike Frees for basketball. LOVE EM!

Back
Top Bottom