OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I don't have the "Blitz Blue" colorway, but I'm curious since someone said the soles on the sparks are the same as Blitz Blues....does the fact that the "translucent" sole is painted on the bottoms (but not the sides) keep it from yellowing?  Seems like it may. 

600?! whoa... i cant sit here and say nothing! you can feed like 30 poor kids in Africa with that money man lol 

I would not pay that much for sparks but if you have it it's your money. I want them but I'll wait it out considering lakers are playing in shanghai for the pre season twice and nike might tie that into sparks coming here.

well i just wanted peps option on here  i dont mind people thinking im crazy

Lets be real tho. A lot of people here are going to think you're crazy no matter what lol. So many people here have connects and what not and $1,000,000 of VIP rewards, and manage to score every exclusive new release for $45 hahaha. Although I wouldn't pay $600 right now for the Sparks, I also wouldn't sell my pair for $600 either just because of the risk I wouldn't be able to get another one at this point especially since I have a less common size.

If he loves the colorway that much and can drop that kind of money, let him do his thing. Colorways/shoes are honestly just worth whatever you're willing to pay for them. It's all individual/subjective. I know if I wasn't lucky enough to get the Fireworks for retail from my friend in China like I did, I probably would've dropped the $300 or so on Kicks-Crew to get my pair cuz they're a top 3-5 colorway for me. On the other hand, I wouldn't pay more than retail for the MCs cuz that colorway is just a glorified soccer cleat to me, but some dude weeks ago was proud to drop $400 on those.

I honestly wish Nike would just release every single colorway in the same quantities so people can stop the whole "you're copping just cuz of hype" thing. Practically every other release/colorway these days is limited. You can't help not liking at least one of them cuz half the damn colorways are limited. Sometimes dudes just like certain colorways better than others, period.

If anything, his worst mistake was just having horrible timing cuz Fireworks were going for about the same price as MCs just a few weeks ago. Now the only way to get a pair is for the ridiculous prices on eBay or off random sellers.

Last edited:
If he loves the colorway that much and can drop that kind of money, let him do his thing. Colorways/shoes are honestly just worth whatever you're willing to pay for them. It's all individual/subjective. I know if I wasn't lucky enough to get the Fireworks for retail from my friend in China like I did, I probably would've dropped the $300 or so on Kicks-Crew to get my pair cuz they're a top 3-5 colorway for me. On the other hand, I wouldn't pay more than retail for the MCs cuz that colorway is just a glorified soccer cleat to me, but some dude weeks ago was proud to drop $400 on those.

I honestly wish Nike would just release every single colorway in the same quantities so people can stop the whole "you're copping just cuz of hype" thing. Practically every other release/colorway these days is limited. You can't help not liking at least one of them cuz half the damn colorways are limited. Sometimes dudes just like certain colorways better than others, period.

If anything, his worst mistake was just having horrible timing cuz Fireworks were going for about the same price as MCs just a few weeks ago. Now the only way to get a pair is for the ridiculous prices on eBay or off random sellers.
^this. Have you guys seen the "crazy" prices people are paying for the MC's these days? $400 is not uncommon at all, and I imagine in a year, they'll creep up towards $600. Even if the sparks release here, I'm guessing they'll be just as limited if not more so than the MC's.

Wish it was a different color mid sole. The cw is dope to me tiger stripes kill it
%

Agreed 100 % - not much interest in PPs as well because its just not necessary. No issue with those who like 'em. Just not my thing. BHMs and Volts still my two favorites followed by Asgs.

Well folks!..its official!... the "Pit Vipers"....are actually the "Purple Dynastys"....Eastbay has them releasing on Oct 5th.....Purple/red/gray/green.....smh Son of a @##!......was hopin "Purple Dynasty" was the "inlines" or sumthin?....damn!.....i really think the only Laker colorway we might actually get is the "Homes"?....and im not positive with that even?..smh...I WANT THE COLORWAYS KOBE WORE DURING THE SEASON NIKE!!!....listen to yur customers!!!....VERY DISSAPOINTED!

Eastbay has a kobe 8 release date on October 5th. theyre called the purple dynasties 
The colors match up pretty well with the 'pit viper.'  Though it probably has to be a reddish-purple 

nerd.gif

Releasing the same day as the gloves too.  Should make it an easier cop?
No it's releasing the same time as the fresh price Vs which will Mae it an easy cop like the gloves are gonna be an instant sell out :rofl: but I'm gonna cop them gloves too 8)

No it's releasing the same time as the fresh price Vs which will Mae it an easy cop like the gloves are gonna be an instant sell out :rofl: but I'm gonna cop them gloves too 8)

Oh that's nice hopefully the fresh princes take all the hype and leave both gloves and these on shelves trying to walk into FTL and purchase them both with ease

Yes something to stop me from buying the fresh prince 5s just don't do the name fresh prince justice should of had Will or Jaden design them. I hope the inlands aren't the only kobes releasing this month. What if the September 21st date rumored for pit vipers is another colorway? Hopefully nike drops a lakers pack out of nowhere like the pps. Homes, inlines and amnesties please nike.

the hype will go to the Bel Air V's - the oldheads will flock towards the Gloves - Kobe's will sell out cause the Kobe 8's are hot.

Me, I'm copping the Gloves flat out...need to see the Pit Vipers in person but more than likely pass.

Damn I was hoping The Glove got its own release date. I need those too. Rather have the Pit Vipers come out this month.

the hype will go to the Bel Air V's - the oldheads will flock towards the Gloves - Kobe's will sell out cause the Kobe 8's are hot.

Me, I'm copping the Gloves flat out...need to see the Pit Vipers in person but more than likely pass.
Going for the Gloves also. Game time decision on the Pit Vipers.

whoa 600 bills? enjoy them
damn brah. $60,000 on some sparks? Lol
smokin.gif

Oh, we also gotta figure out this Pit Viper vs Purple Dynasty stuff. I think I know which one's are releasing on the 19th but its still hazy. I ended up grabbing some Racers cause Nike isn't releasing the Kobe heat lol. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom