OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Would be nice for those who want them if the Fireworks/Sparks actually did get a wider release in the US. I'm happy I was able to get mine early for retail though, no need to sweat it either way.

Is it just me or does it seem like all Kobe 8s eventually sell out and become difficult to find retail? I've heard even the Graffitis are slowly disappearing already.

Probably being sent to the Outlets already, worst of all K8s next to the Taipan/FrostedFlakes/Barcelonas.

Naw man!

I know first hand how bad FTL employees are with their information.

That's why I said, "Take it with a grain of salt."

But ... If it comes to fruition ... Give me props Pointguy lol!
does he even know how the sparks look like? 

laugh.gif

Is it just me or does it seem like all Kobe 8s eventually sell out and become difficult to find retail? I've heard even the Graffitis are slowly disappearing already.
Yes and it's very annoying. I've been to the mall about 10 times over the last 4 months and the blue lights were ALWAYS there. I decided today I wanted to get them so I go to the footlocker in the mall and OF COURSE THEY DON'T HAVE THEM. Pisses me off. Stuff like this always happens to me. I saw Graffitis and thought they were pretty plain. The milk snakes though were surprisingly cool. Still mad that the one time I want to buy the blue lights they are gone. And now I don't know where I can find a pair in size 10. I even passed on them for $70 at the nike employee store. I think it's meant to be that I am not supposed to own these shoes. Just my luck.

Last edited:

Grafittis are sitting here where iam at, and so is the PPs, Red Boas, Blitz Blues and ive seen a couple of spots (FTA and HOH) still has the Milksnakes on the display rack (not sure  what sizes are left though) 
Where is this at?? Let me at'em! lol

Yes and it's very annoying. I've been to the mall about 10 times over the last 4 months and the blue lights were ALWAYS there. I decided today I wanted to get them so I go to the footlocker in the mall and OF COURSE THEY DON'T HAVE THEM. Pisses me off. Stuff like this always happens to me. I saw Graffitis and thought they were pretty plain. The milk snakes though were surprisingly cool. Still mad that the one time I want to buy the blue lights they are gone. And now I don't know where I can find a pair in size 10. I even passed on them for $70 at the nike employee store. I think it's meant to be that I am not supposed to own these shoes. Just my luck.

They might have had them on display but I doubt they actually had any sizes in stock

I'm hoping someone can answer this question. The Kobe 8 GS ran .5 big for me. I've been looking at 7s and 6s, but I don't know if I should go down in size or order my true size. I can't try them on either, so I want to ask if any of you remember if your gf/wife had to size down?

I can't really have any sympathy for you as you had beyond enough time to grab. And you passed up on them for $70? I mean, come on, what were you waiting for? To get them for free? I only get all the ones I want because I buy as soon as they release and the cheapest I end up getting any for is like 128. For 70, I'd be doubling up without even thinking.

graffitis will come tomorrow.. i think they wouldve looked better if the sole of the shoe was all grey, instead of grey and white..

Probably being sent to the Outlets already, worst of all K8s next to the Taipan/FrostedFlakes/Barcelonas.

I don't know. I haven't had much luck with the 8's turning up in outlets and I frequent two outlets in the area at least 2 to 3 times a week. It's funny because that's how I initially got into Kobe's. It started back with the 5's and almost every colorway turned up in the outlets and the same trend would continue with the 6's and 7's.

I cleaned up on Kobe's over that time period at the outlets. But these 8's, no luck at all. I know the sneaker culture climate has turned up over the course of the last couple of years but I never thought I'd see the day when Kobe's would be so high in demand that they wouldn't make it to the outlets in my area. I'm still holding on to some hope because if some select colorways ever do drop at any of the local outlets I'm going in once again.

Last edited:
I can't really have any sympathy for you as you had beyond enough time to grab. And you passed up on them for $70? I mean, come on, what were you waiting for? To get them for free? I only get all the ones I want because I buy as soon as they release and the cheapest I end up getting any for is like 128. For 70, I'd be doubling up without even thinking.
Man, you don't know the whole situation. I passed on them for $70 because I was still a noob at this shoe game stuff. I didn't own any Kobes at the time and I had my heart set on getting the Sufurs and Pythons. When I found out they didn't have them I was a little bummed out. I saw they had the blue lights but I wasn't really feeling them at the time. Plus I didn't want to spend $70 on them just because. Like an impulse purchase for not getting what I was looking for. It's like if I wanted an xbox and found out they only had wii's lol. I didn't want to buy them just because...ya know? I'm also cheap with my money.

If I could go back and do it all over again then I would obviously have gotten them. But at the time I didn't know a whole lot about the shoe stuff. I didn't even see myself now owning 7 pairs of 8's.

Last edited:
Man, you don't know the whole situation. I passed on them for $70 because I was still a noob at this shoe game stuff. I didn't own any Kobes at the time and I had my heart set on getting the Sufurs and Pythons. When I found out they didn't have them I was a little bummed out. I saw they had the blue lights but I wasn't really feeling them at the time. Plus I didn't want to spend $70 on them just because. Like an impulse purchase for not getting what I was looking for. It's like if I wanted an xbox and found out they only had wii's lol. I didn't want to buy them just because...ya know? I'm also cheap with my money.

If I could go back and do it all over again then I would obviously have gotten them. But at the time I didn't know a whole lot about the shoe stuff. I didn't even see myself now owning 7 pairs of 8's.

Ahhhhh, OK. Makes more sense now. I was under the impression you were fully in the shoe game and just passed... I must admit, my initial thought was IDIOT. Lol. But now I feel for ya. I just recently got back into shoes and my first Kobe 8 was the Venice Beaches. So yea I missed out on all kinds of nice ones that I will now have to be taxed seriously if I ever want to own them. What can ya do though? =(.

graffitis will come tomorrow. i think they wouldve looked better if the sole of the shoe was all grey, instead of grey and white..
Nah I disagree I was rocking mine today and I remember specifically thinking ' That white midsole looks awesome'. I think it needs that contrast imo

If the Taipans were limited, people would be fiending for them, bunch of hypebeasts :smh:

Exactly. If the name Barcelona was behind it or was if it was limited release, it would've been instant sell out. Darn hypebeasts lol. Either way I copped my pair with the bday coupon and it was definitely worth it

If the Taipans were limited, people would be fiending for them, bunch of hypebeasts :smh:

Exactly. If the name Barcelona was behind it or was if it was limited release, it would've been instant sell out. Darn hypebeasts lol. Either way I copped my pair with the bday coupon and it was definitely worth it

So y'all mad cuz a shoe is chilling but others are the hypebeast? Interesting!

Back
Top Bottom