OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Tdogg I definitely understand the point you're trying to make but still, not everyone wants the shoes for the intended purposes and that's totally fine. The culture that has been created in the last few years by fashion, marketing, social media etc has brought in a whole new world of collectors and whatnot.

At the end of the day, you or anybody else can say what someone wants to do with their money is right or wrong. You can definitely have an opinion on it, it just so happens in this case that the opinion is very close-minded and doesn't apply very well in this particular situation based on the amount of people that like Kobe's for strictly casual wear.

See I'm right in the middle. I get the BEST of BOTH worlds. I love the latest tech. I'm an absolute performance shoe junkie. It's a passion of mine to have and try all the new stuff that is put out each and every year. (And in some cases each and every month). The guy that wears the Free Runs to ball and the 4E New Balance shoes have no idea why I'm willing to spend over $150 on shoes all the time just to try out that tech. I'm sure a lot of people think I'm crazy for doing it, but it's a passion of MINE.

So if someone's passion to spend $300 on some WTK, then so be it. Maybe you can't find that it makes sense to you, I just hope you can understand why it makes sense to THEM. No beef here man, I just want everyone to see both sides of the spectrum.

Were all here for one reason and that's because we love shoes.

Saw the whole Christmas pack including the Kobe SS last night at HOH.  As someone mentioned the scales are a little more rigid than expected, but they arent sharp enought to cut or even scratch. Photos dont do these justice though.  Was also told the whole pack would be FCFS.

Nice 80 degree day here in South FL. Already had these socks, on my Swaggy P steez today, no dambs given.

I pretty much play exclusively in kobes (either 8s or 5s). Do you guys have any other shoes that are part of your regular rotation for ball? I'm a guard by the way...cp3.7 maybe? Lebron xi? The lunarlon in the 8 definitely loses its pop over time which is what's happened to my sulfurs and pythons from playing.
Here's my basketball rotation of shoes:

-Kobe 8 

-Hyperdunk 2011 Low

-Hyperfuse 2012 Low

-LeBron 9

-LeBron 10 Low

My "Go-to" shoes are the Kobe 8 and Hyperdunk 2011 Low, those are used when I want to play seriously or are playing against high level of competition.  

For some reason, I have I observed I shoot 3's better when I'm wearing LeBron 9.  Coincidence, or is it the shoes?  I don' t know.

The Hyperfuse 2012 Low are used whenever, they are good shoes for the price I paid for them.

As for the LeBron 10 Low, they are used when I just want to play casually.  The heel lockdown is lacking, so my defense suffers a bit.

Tdogg I definitely understand the point you're trying to make but still, not everyone wants the shoes for the intended purposes and that's totally fine. The culture that has been created in the last few years by fashion, marketing, social media etc has brought in a whole new world of collectors and whatnot.

Were all here for one reason and that's because we love shoes.

This is more to what I'm talking about.. aka it's a fad.
I'm not knocking people who want to do it. I'm just saying I don't see the point. Because more times than not we see the shoes in the market place or ebay and now people are paying over retail for used shoes.
I know it was a close minded statement, once again wasn't trying to really offend anyone.

We're both the same age (I just turned 28)
As you said I have the best of both worlds. I use for athletic use (Kobe 6's and the Revis Cross trainers have to be my favorite work out shoes of all time (so far)
But I also will walk out the house with my Alma Mater hoodie. (GO VCU RAMS) Which is black and yellow and my Kobe 8 Sulfurs or my Lightbulb 6's , but I'll also turn around and go to the gym in them also. Not scared of scuffs lol 1 out of 50 people even know I have Kobes on.

Last edited:
This is more to what I'm talking about.. aka it's a fad.
I'm not knocking people who want to do it. I'm just saying I don't see the point. Because more times than not we see the shoes in the market place or ebay and now people are paying over retail for used shoes.
I know it was a close minded statement, once again wasn't trying to really offend anyone.

We're both the same age (I just turned 28)
As you said I have the best of both worlds. I use for athletic use (Kobe 6's and the Revis Cross trainers have to be my favorite work out shoes of all time (so far)
But I also will walk out the house with my Alma Mater hoodie. (GO VCU RAMS) Which is black and yellow and my Kobe 8 Sulfurs or my Lightbulb 6's , but I'll also turn around and go to the gym in them also. Not scared of scuffs lol 1 out of 50 people even know I have Kobes on.

I know what you mean bro. I just wanted to try and help you see the "point" of it all. All good. :D

I'm surprised there's not more people trying to trade 1 shoe of the WTK to have a pair of all blue or all orange

^Probably cuz people don't have 2 left feet or 2 right feet? Just saying lol

If they made both left and right pairs in both colors, I would actually be more interested. The mismatching just kinda kills them for me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom