OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Anyone else feel like they're gonna drop the sparks in the states because they put "spark branding" on the wtks and WTK shirts? Lol just a thought, but truly a long shot.

So regarding that trade bred 11s for the WTK, dude backed out. Now he wants my mambacurials for the WTK straight up. Not sure if he's one of you guys. I'm thinking Imma do that trade then find the curials somewhere else.

Anyone else feel like they're gonna drop the sparks in the states because they put "spark branding" on the wtks and WTK shirts? Lol just a thought, but truly a long shot.
THIS!!!! This is my thought to the tee.

Copped from my local Champs for $125 with a bday coupon, last pair and my size too :smokin

Copped from my local Champs for $125 with a bday coupon, last pair and my size too
smokin.gif
After seeing these rediculous resell prices for all these shoes out now its refreshing to see it go the opposite way once in a while lol. Congrats, you will enjoy that extra zoom bag in the heel a lil bit more than the full lunarlon after 25+ uses. At least I am, I put that sole in all of my kobe 8s when I decide to ball in them. 

So regarding that trade bred 11s for the WTK, dude backed out. Now he wants my mambacurials for the WTK straight up. Not sure if he's one of you guys. I'm thinking Imma do that trade then find the curials somewhere else.

Definitely do that. Considering the price on the WTKs are like double that of MCs. You are getting the best of the deal by s long shot.

What warning label? :nerd: I'm looking at a box now

I suppose my guy could have been messing with me. I never saw the box in person. Just a text from him said that after I said I would cut myself on the shoe and sue Nike. If it doesn't have a warning label, they are wide open for all kinds of law suits.

Question for those who copped the wtk's at reseller prices.. Are yaw planning on wearing them or naw?

I wanted them for ball but missed out on release .. Now I'm forced to pay reseller prices which makes me not wanna wear them

$500+ only to get wrecked by the end of season, if that

Ima cop some regardless, but if I'm paying top dollar, I def ain't balling in them real talk
Definitely no hooping in mine! Not for anything above $300 for me

let me preface this by saying. its your money spend what you want. if you got its all you.

with that said.
I can't understand why people feel the need to spend such high resell prices for these kicks (all not just kobes)
and not even use them for their intended use...to ball or another form of athletic activity.
I understand majority of us are Kobe fans but to pay so much for a non autographed pair of shoes that you're going to match up with a $7 Wal-Mart shirt. just to walk around in the club or the mall is ridiculous. wouldn't that be the definition of hype. wearing something that you think makes your outfit look good for the appeasement of others around you. while there are people out there who actually do athletic activity that like using the shoes for that use.

this isn't a rant post just an observation.

let me preface this by saying. its your money spend what you want. if you got its all you.

with that said.
I can't understand why people feel the need to spend such high resell prices for these kicks (all not just kobes)
and not even use them for their intended use...to ball or another form of athletic activity.
I understand majority of us are Kobe fans but to pay so much for a non autographed pair of shoes that you're going to match up with a $7 Wal-Mart shirt. just to walk around in the club or the mall is ridiculous. wouldn't that be the definition of hype. wearing something that you think makes your outfit look good for the appeasement of others around you. while there are people out there who actually do athletic activity that like using the shoes for that use.

this isn't a rant post just an observation.

Seems like a rant to me. And that is simply YOUR opinion.

Im 27 yrs old, and un-athletic... I have 8 pairs of kobe 8's.... So because i like the design, colors and comfort of this particular shoe makes me a hype because i dont hoop or go to the gym in them???

EVERY pair of kicks i own are worn for casual use. From my free runs to lunarglides to my Lebron XI to my Kobe 8.

Guess people cant like designs, colors and comfort of sneakers anymore because they arent using them for the proper activities. Smh.

what makes me sick is when I see people wearing the WTK with skinny jeans casually and talking about keeping it fresh. They're Kobes and they're ball shoes, don't buy them to dress to the mall because you look ridiculous. I mean you can do whatever you want with your own shoes but it just looks dumb as hell, think about the concept yourself. Kobes don't even look good without shorts because they're made for athletic reason and the design of it fits it well.

what makes me sick is when I see people wearing the WTK with skinny jeans casually and talking about keeping it fresh. They're Kobes and they're ball shoes, don't buy them to dress to the mall because you look ridiculous. I mean you can do whatever you want with your own shoes but it just looks dumb as hell, think about the concept yourself. Kobes don't even look good without shorts because they're made for athletic reason and the design of it fits it well.
I personally usually only wear Kobe's with shorts, but sometimes wear them with sweats.  And I NEVER hoop or go to the gym in my nice sneakers I have specific beater pairs for that.  I wear mine everywhere, to dinner, to the mall.  I don't think that it looks "ridiculous" at all

mean.gif

Kobe's look good with long pants, just like Jordans and Lebrons do. Of course, that's just my opinion of how I think the shoes look. But even back when I was playing basketball for teams on a regular basis, I still wore my Jordans on and off the court. When I buy shoes, I buy them because the'y comfortable, look good, and can be worn anywhere I want to go.

Judging people for how or why they want the shoes isn't even worth it. If they got their pair and wear them with their skinny jeans, so be it.

They COULD be like bigslim773 bigslim773 and just like the design. At the end of the day, you're getting worked up over how another man wears his shoes. All that truly matters is getting what you want and doing with them what you want.

I do agree that it sucks when you want the shoes because you want to bust *** on the court and can't because of the hypebeast and gravitate towards certain colors. However, it's 2013 and if you haven't adjusted to that part of the "shoe game" and made arrangements for yourself to secure your pair, maybe you are the one that has the problem.

End rant. :lol:

If you think that people are hype beasts because they rock Kobe's casually and not for "their intended use", you are a complete moron.

If you think that and rock any Nike casually, you are a hypocrite because Nike is an athletic brand where almost all of it's footwear is designed for athletic use

Back
Top Bottom