OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

@kobeoverbron  I like your assessment between the 8 and ZKV.  That's just about how I feel with the two shoes as well.

I love the fit, lockdown, and comfort of the 8 -- especially when the EM softens up a little and the insert molds to your foot some.  It really becomes almost one with your foot and this lets you play your game freely.  Can't forget about that great traction as well.

But the loss of responsiveness/impact protection from the lunar overtime is a tough trade-off... that's why I would probably agree that the ZKV and maybe VI edge it out just a hair

Well someone had to do this so why not be me lol the horse hair design swoosh is a nice touch. Also if any of you ordered from foot asylum, just letting you know they didn't double box.

Last edited:
Just got home after copping the Venice Beaches
smokin.gif
  Retail price finally, dope shoe but only for summer with shorts imo, hope the soles dont get yellow until then lmao

I dont like the sulphurs(if thats what they are called, my memory slipped). But those on the last page are making me have 2nd thoughts....

$160 for DS sulphurs a good deal??

Last edited:
Well someone had to do this so why not be me lol the horse hair design swoosh is a nice touch. Also if any of you ordered from foot asylum, just letting you know they didn't double box.

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/749675/width/500/height/

Nice touch. Looks good with the color combo of the tshirt.

I believe he said a few pages back that he's in Spain and that there were quite a few Kobes still sitting over there.
Yes fam Madrid, Spain... Im one of the very few who gonna rock em casually. They also had pit vipers, the ones green and yellow swoosh and taipan´s. Wish they had easters, love that CW

Yeah, $160 is basically retail if you think about it, after taxes + shipping. I would jump on that.

How you people gonna ask if 10 over retail (after tax) (and shipping is at least 6 bucks) is a good deal?

Cmon :lol:

Has anyone else in here tried the Adidas Boost?  I've been getting these crazy thoughts lately of wanting to buy a much larger-size pair of those so I can dismantle the foam midsole to re-shape it and try it in my Kobe 8s 
laugh.gif

Love that foam and I'd pay decent $ to have an insert made of that in the Kobe 8.

just copped some kobe's. do they break in after a few wears? they feel snug from the sides.

just copped some kobe's. do they break in after a few wears? they feel snug from the sides.
I asked the same question a few weeks ago on this thread.  I have been meaning to write about the results.  I was about to return my Kobe's and try to get a 1/2 size bigger, but after a few wears, the shoe does break in.  I initially would have recommended everyone to go a 1/2 size up, but after I gave them some time to wear in, I think they Kobe 8 is TTS.  I think that if I would have gone 1/2 size up, there would have been an issue with the shoes being too big because they are low tops.  Mid or highs can be a little big and it won't matter, but if low tops are too big, they easily slip off!

@kobeoverbron now that i'm starting to get into ball, i'm gonna do this as well. i have 7 pairs of the 8's (including IDs), so it makes sense just to use 1 insert at a time.

whenever one of them bottoms out, i'm gonna cut and glue the zoom inserts i bought :smokin

@al3x89  did you get your zoom units on ebay?  

I ended up ordering some from ebay and put them in a pair of my 8s.  They felt good walking around, but I'm hesitant to play in them.  They feel ok to the touch, but they do not seem nearly as pressurized as zoom should be.  Don't know that they'll really work for take-off/landing, etc.  I've heard from some others that they are no good for ball.  I suppose it's worth a shot though.

@al3x89
 did you get your zoom units on ebay?  

I ended up ordering some from ebay and put them in a pair of my 8s.  They felt good walking around, but I'm hesitant to play in them.  They feel ok to the touch, but they do not seem nearly as pressurized as zoom should be.  Don't know that they'll really work for take-off/landing, etc.  I've heard from some others that they are no good for ball.  I suppose it's worth a shot though.

since the foam bottoms out, i might as well experiment.

i tried wearing them under the insert, but it was way too tight, but comfortable.

that being said, i'm still iffy on doing it as i'm just coming back from acl reconstruction and i don't wanna cause instability in the shoe.

looking on ebay every now and then to see if i can get some super hero's for cheap.

How you people gonna ask if 10 over retail (after tax) (and shipping is at least 6 bucks) is a good deal?

Cmon :lol:

Hmmm lets analyze....

I CLEARLY posted it was a c/w i don't really like. That means i don't follow ANY trends regarding it INCLUDING CURRENT PRICING.

So me bringing my question to this thread seemed pretty relevant...

Back
Top Bottom