OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Hmmm lets analyze....

I CLEARLY posted it was a c/w i don't really like. That means i don't follow ANY trends regarding it INCLUDING CURRENT PRICING.

So me bringing my question to this thread seemed pretty relevant...

It's all good brother, just seemed like a silly question. I've only found kobes selling for under retail once on a 3rd party site (eBay). Surprisingly enough it was some random shoe store that had never sold kobes before, and they were also the sulfurs. Grabbed em for like 120 a few months back.

This is excluding the bday coupons/coupons on eastbay/ftl etc.

But yeah, grab that deal if you like em. Good come up.

I dont like the sulphurs(if thats what they are called, my memory slipped). But those on the last page are making me have 2nd thoughts....

$160 for DS sulphurs a good deal??
Yes. Price is only gonna go up, I'd jump on a size 10 sulfur if I found it at that price...been looking.

Found a size 14 of Pit Vipers at on FL online...get it while it's hot: http://www.footlocker.com/product/m...ystem-mens/purple/light-green/?cm=searchkobe8

Just grabbed a pair of Pythons at my Foot Locker...can't believe they're still sitting almost a year from their release. 

I dont like the sulphurs(if thats what they are called, my memory slipped). But those on the last page are making me have 2nd thoughts....

$160 for DS sulphurs a good deal??

I paid 210 for my sulfurs...they were gc though. I'd definitely buy them for 160. Although it kinda balances out since I got superheros for 120. [emoji]128527[/emoji]

Just recieved conformation from Nike in oregon (My Uncle works there) that the Kobe 8 Prelude will be the last Kobe 8 colorway...smh..crazy they had around 40 or so colorways and only 2 or 3 were actual Laker colorwaz...Sulfers, Fades, Elites..and NOT 1 General release with a White upper!!!.....i dont understand that but...oh well?...it was a gr8 run regardless....on to the Kobe 9!

KOBE 8 iD Lava

I can't believe this shoe is done...

*looks at stacks of 29 kobe 8s*

I'm happy this shoe is done.

I can't believe this shoe is done...

*looks at stacks of 29 kobe 8s*

I'm happy this shoe is done.

I was thinking the same thing, but, since the 9 low is still EM it's basically going to be a 20 dollar more expensive remix of the 8s.

Sooooo we're still screwed :rofl:

It's all good brother, just seemed like a silly question. I've only found kobes selling for under retail once on a 3rd party site (eBay). Surprisingly enough it was some random shoe store that had never sold kobes before, and they were also the sulfurs. Grabbed em for like 120 a few months back.

This is excluding the bday coupons/coupons on eastbay/ftl etc.

But yeah, grab that deal if you like em. Good come up.
Try nike chat to find the sulphurs. I got them shipped from an outlet for 120
nthat.gif

After multiple pairs, over a year wearing casually and playing hundreds if not thousands of games of ball, I conclude that this show contributed to/ caused kobes injury.

Every pair during the break in process give me Achilles pain. After break in it subsides.

Kobe wears a new pair every game. No break in.

This is the most popular shoe at my gym and I haven't heard any one else complain of this problem though.......

I normally dont make posts like this.

Was sitting around thinking about what could i wear with my ASG's
without being matchy matchy. Normally the only thing to ever match my
kicks are my hat...

Im leaning more towards the throwback dolphins snapback... A couple opinions would be appreciated.

After multiple pairs, over a year wearing casually and playing hundreds if not thousands of games of ball, I conclude that this show contributed to/ caused kobes injury.

Every pair during the break in process give me Achilles pain. After break in it subsides.

Kobe wears a new pair every game. No break in.

This is the most popular shoe at my gym and I haven't heard any one else complain of this problem though.......

You forgot to include that while Kobe wears a fresh pair for every practice and game, he also wears special fitted orthotics and has his feet/ankles taped.

Funny how no other player (that I know of) had that same injury, considering it was one of the most worn shoes by other NBA players.

It was just a freak injury, probably brought on by extended minutes and not giving his body time to rest/heal.

You forgot to include that while Kobe wears a fresh pair for every practice and game, he also wears special fitted orthotics and has his feet/ankles taped.

Funny how no other player (that I know of) had that same injury, considering it was one of the most worn shoes by other NBA players.

It was just a freak injury, probably brought on by extended minutes and not giving his body time to rest/heal.
No matter how many times you try to explain how shoes really don't make that much of a difference, idiots will still try to blame shoes for injuries or even poor play.

Haha I along with the many others who experienced this problem are idiots? Because we came to the conclusion that a shoe which was worn by someone who had an Achilles injury and gave us Achilles pain played a factor in said injury?

Funny

Yes. Price is only gonna go up, I'd jump on a size 10 sulfur if I found it at that price...been looking.

Found a size 14 of Pit Vipers at on FL online...get it while it's hot: http://www.footlocker.com/product/m...ystem-mens/purple/light-green/?cm=searchkobe8

Just grabbed a pair of Pythons at my Foot Locker...can't believe they're still sitting almost a year from their release. 

160 for DS Sulfurs? I cant unload mine for 120 lol I guess it depends on size

ehh nike sent me a size 10 christmas ss when i ordered a different shoe lol. debating wether to just keep them or hook up a fellow nt'er.

I don't feel that way. Most of those 38 colorways are garbage IMO (flame me) and not one single true Laker cw. I haven't purchased a pair of 8's on release day since the Fades.

Too easy to flame you when you say something like that. I will simply say you must be the most extremely picky shoe buyer I've ever seen a post from. Because if you truly meant what you said there, I can't imagine you liking many shoes. But it is your opinion, so I suppose it can't be "wrong" technically. I can say pretty confidently that 9 out of 10 serious shoe buyers would disagree with you.

Good luck in future shoe buying because for anyone who really thinks the majority of 8s are "garbage" must think most other shoes are beyond garbage. It's going to be quite rough for you because topping all the amazingly beautiful unique 8s is going to be very difficult for even a company like Nike. Good luck finding stuff you like.

As for the 8s coming to the end, I'm conflicted. The 20 pairs I'm more than likely ending at ran me roughly $3,000 after tax and whatever else depending on where purchased. The greedy shoe hoarding always NEEDING that next pair says bring more more more 8s. While my wallet says "stop it already, every time you mention Kobe 8, I auto empty". It's rough but thank you Nike for performing an intervention and cutting off my addiction. And as a bonus, they made the 9s make me feel like this one guy out of a million feels about the 8s.

So, Kobe 8, I love you. We are going to get many years of wearing so many beautiful shoes together, but enough is enough. White flag raised, my willpower, self control and wallet finally says thank you for the mercy.

Back
Top Bottom