OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Was able to get a pair of DS sulfurs when someone posted the flightclub link a couple of weeks ago. Now I have the Christmas, Purple Fades, and Mambacurials to go along with the sulfurs.

Thinking about selling the Mambacurials now that I have sulfurs to add to the basketball rotation.
what size curials. Pm me price and size

Is it me or the tongue on the What The Kobe 8's are super stiff compared to the other 8's that are more flimsy? Anyone know why only the WTK?
There are a couple 8s that have a stiffer tongue. Elites, WTK, YOTH off the top of my head. The prelude 8s tongue feels the best because it's really soft.

Ok so i didnt like the BHM's til yesterday. My boy took a pic in em an it sold me...he also told me he got them from the clearance store for $99. I found a pair... I noticed dude was local. This fool is asking $400 for em. I looked at his pics... The pair is also from the clearance store. Now i know he aint gonna sell for $99, so whats a good haggle price??

Not sure the pricing of BHM's.

~$230-270 is what i've seen

If they were labeled limited or asia exclusive, they would be gone even with GR production numbers. 
they were labeled limited, and weren't produced in GR numbers and theyre still here.

it's cuz it's $160, almost the same thing with the supernatural (even tho supernaturals look better imo)

I'm surprised so many dudes in the kobe 9 thread are ok with kobe 9s being 160, its too much to pay for a low-top shoe (at least on a regular basis). I'm pretty sure we can agree if the shoes were $140 they would be gone by now.

they were labeled limited, and weren't produced in GR numbers and theyre still here.

it's cuz it's $160, almost the same thing with the supernatural (even tho supernaturals look better imo)

I'm surprised so many dudes in the kobe 9 thread are ok with kobe 9s being 160, its too much to pay for a low-top shoe (at least on a regular basis). I'm pretty sure we can agree if the shoes were $140 they would be gone by now.
plenty of kobes are $160 and they're sold out. supernaturals were sold out faster than the YOTH. It's all about colorway. If you priced the BHM at $160, they'd still sell out. The ASG is priced at $180, and it's gone. Same thing goes for mambacurials. If you slap a hot colorway on it or label it as asia exclusive or some thing, they will sell out. And considering out YOTH is a chinese thing, labeling it an asia exclusive wouldn't be a surprise, like the YOTD. 

If sparks were produced in numbers like the pythons and made available worldwide, they would still sell out. YOTH colorway is too boring and plain, although there were some people that like them.

Last edited:
plenty of kobes are $160 and they're sold out. supernaturals were sold out faster than the YOTH. It's all about colorway. If you priced the BHM at $160, they'd still sell out. The ASG is priced at $180, and it's gone. Same thing goes for mambacurials. If you slap a hot colorway on it or label it as asia exclusive or some thing, they will sell out. And considering out YOTH is a chinese thing, labeling it an asia exclusive wouldn't be a surprise, like the YOTD. 

If sparks were produced in numbers like the pythons and made available worldwide, they would still sell out. YOTH colorway is too boring and plain, although there were some people that like them.

I agree with what you're saying, but MCs were the "normal" $140.

exactly my point lol. I don't remember which ones were priced at what anymore, we had a long  8's run. The point is that $160 didn't deter a shoe from selling out if the colorway was right.

There are a couple 8s that have a stiffer tongue. Elites, WTK, YOTH off the top of my head. The prelude 8s tongue feels the best because it's really soft.
The Black/Gold Elite is not stiff. The tongue is soft and spongy..   Compare the WTK, the tongue is just stiff like wood.  But feeling the other 8's like Pythons, Gradients, Pit Vipers, the tongue isn't stiff like the WTK nor spongy but  very loose and flimsy.     It's hard to believe they used premium materials in the WTK yet still carried a 140 retail price tag.

Last edited:
$229 shipped a good deal for the All Stars non sport pack. Might do it.

That's a no brainer price. This is probably the best colorway of the pack, really pops when you wear them.
Also, these were $180 box price so $229 shipped is great.

That's a no brainer price. This is probably the best colorway of the pack, really pops when you wear them.
Also, these were $180 box price so $229 shipped is great. I would buy two extra pairs if my size 13 was available at this price. I usually see these
selling for $300+ on Ebay.

Also, these were $180 box price so $229 shipped is great.
Thanks Fam. Purchased it before coming back on the thread. Cheapest price I could find online. I was doing the math too and I was like what the hell am I waiting for.

I came across this China site looking for laces to go with kobes. I searched kobe 8 and got results of all types of kobe 8 shoes. Some look really legit and some look really fake. If you guys can visit site and let me know what's good I'd appreciate it. The site is www.easy-taobao.com

I came across this China site looking for laces to go with kobes. I searched kobe 8 and got results of all types of kobe 8 shoes. Some look really legit and some look really fake. If you guys can visit site and let me know what's good I'd appreciate it. The site is www.easy-taobao.com

I took a look at the site. I searched for kobe 8 and came up with a lot of results.
Prices from $35 to $200+.

After my review, I am sure the majority are knock offs. Also, if I am not mistaken, authentic Kobe's actually cost more in China than in the
US when you convert with the exchange rate. I think something like $170+. Just check the Nikestore china site but remember they don't ship to the US.

***If I was you I would stay away!****

How do you know who is legit and who is not. The photos could be fake as well.
Just too many unknowns. Remember, if it's looks too good to be true....

Thanks Fam. Purchased it before coming back on the thread. Cheapest price I could find online. I was doing the math too and I was like what the hell am I waiting for.

Hey, good for you. I know you will be very happy and you got a deal.

YO!

Anybody with Info on Kobe 8 BLACK EXT's in a Size 12... Let me know!

I've found several places online over the last few months, but mostly sz 8-10... NEED an 11.5-12

The 8 thread is on life support use to come in here and have a good ole time. Everybody has migrated to the 9's already.

I agree with what you're saying, but MCs were the "normal" $140.
If those were $160 they would have still sold out too, I wouldn't argue that. Those were hyped, super limited (almost "quickstrike"-y), and had a gimmick to it. You kind of gotta point with the ASG, I dont know how anybody could pay $180 for those w/o seeing them in person. All of you guys are talking about limited shoes that either had a rly good-looking cw (BHMs, SS too even tho those were gimmicks too) or a gimmick. Sparks would definitely sit if they were GR'd Sulfurs-style esp. if they were 160 & up.

Supernaturals definitely took more than month to sell out so they definitely seem to be sellin the same.

I dont get this whole "asia-exclusive"  you're talking about if it's only in Asia how can you consider it sold out if it's not sold here?

Also, anybody in South Florida. There's a Footlocker in the Dolphin Plaza in Opa-Locka w/ a pair of Blue Lights for $100. A size 8 is on display but if you're interested you should definitely call and see if they got any other sizes.

Last edited:

If those were $160 they would have still sold out too, I wouldn't argue that. Those were hyped, super limited (almost "quickstrike"-y), and had a gimmick to it. You kind of gotta point with the ASG, I dont know how anybody could pay $180 for those w/o seeing them in person. All of you guys are talking about limited shoes that either had a rly good-looking cw (BHMs, SS too even tho those were gimmicks too) or a gimmick. Sparks would definitely sit if they were GR'd Sulfurs-style esp. if they were 160 & up.

Supernaturals definitely took more than month to sell out so they definitely seem to be sellin the same.

I dont get this whole "asia-exclusive"  you're talking about if it's only in Asia how can you consider it sold out if it's not sold here?

Also, anybody in South Florida. There's a Footlocker in the Dolphin Plaza in Opa-Locka w/ a pair of Blue Lights for $100. A size 8 is on display but if you're interested you should definitely call and see if they got any other sizes.
just because it's asia exclusive doesn't mean they can't be sold out. The term "sold out" does not only apply to US retailers. They would be sold out in stores where it is exclusively sold.

Sparks would not sit in stores for long if it was produced in sulfur. The colorway is hot and loud. The design is not plain or boring, and it has clear translucent soles. I consider a shoe to be sitting if you can walk into the store more than 2-3 weeks after release and still pick up your size or if the store has near a FSR. The pythons SAT. The supernaturals were sold in only certain stores and they were $160. But you can not get your pick of sizes after a month unlike what you sad. 

The YOTS may have been "limited" but a Footlocker by me that doesn't get anything, got them and they had FSR for a while now. It's on NDC for FSR for a while too. The colorway is boring and resembled much like YOTS. They even gave it a gimmick with the pack of Year of the Horse crap. You can name the What the Kobes "POOP STAINS" and price it at $250  and they'll still sell out

Last edited:
The 8 thread is on life support use to come in here and have a good ole time. Everybody has migrated to the 9's already.

The 8 had a good run, shoe of the year IMO

I'm not really feeling the 9 I was going to pick up the MP but Nike is making that look nearly impossible so that's not looking good. Hopefully I can grab one elite colorway and a couple lows

Back
Top Bottom