OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Today's Wear

i never got to get any of the 8's elites. The price, the exposed flywire, and the lack of colorways pushed me. Heard the tongue is more comfy than the regular 8's and the the full zoom is nice. I can't get comfortable with the lunarlon on, i use the heel zoom from my supernaturals. I'm glad the ASG and the preludes have heel zoom. I am interested in trying those full zoom tho.

And i passed on the elite 8's because of the price, even after they were discounted to around $140 i still declined, and here i am buying the Masterpieces from NTNY this saturday for $225+ tax 
mean.gif
 crazy how we think the price hikes are okay.

wtf, so depending on a NThype on a shoe we know how fast a shoe will sell out, when only like two or three ppl on NT can go to the footlockers that have them.  So you telling me if there's around 5-7 FSRs in every champs, footlocker, and Footaction, and they are $160 (dont MSRP of Sparks) they wont last two months
roll.gif
. I dont get some of you dudes, damn near half-way through the Kobe 8 series the shoe became hypebeast/resellers model where the pricepoint of $140 where they could be flipped for $240 got them bots ready yet they still hyped the hell out of em. The What The Kobe series is a reseller's dream come true (a $140 shoe that can be flipped for $400-$500), so the fact that you think ppl would pay $250 for a shoe that has no resale value and looks like that, you gotta be smoking

The Supernaturals were still on FNL 2 weeks after release and the FTL & FTA by me had a decent amount

wtf, so depending on a NThype on a shoe we know how fast a shoe will sell out, when only like two or three ppl on NT can go to the footlockers that have them.

Nobody said anything about NThype. You're a fool if you think hype only exists within Niketalk. 

So you telling me if there's around 5-7 FSRs in every champs, footlocker, and Footaction, and they are $160 (dont MSRP of Sparks) they wont last two months
roll.gif
I dont get some of you dudes, damn near half-way through the Kobe 8 series the shoe became hypebeast/resellers model where the pricepoint of $140 where they could be flipped for $240 got them bots ready yet they still hyped the hell out of em.

I don't get your sentence fragments. Btw, i don't know which cave you've been living under that makes you think we're only half way through the 8's, but the 8 series is done.

The What The Kobe series is a reseller's dream come true (a $140 shoe that can be flipped for $400-$500), so the fact that you think ppl would pay $250 for a shoe that has no resale value and looks like that, you gotta be smoking

A LOT of people find the What The Kobe's to be sick regardless of the MSRP OR the RESELL value. I know many guys and girls that like the WTK but don't know squat about shoes or kobes. You gotta be smoking if you think a shoe like that WON'T sell out regardless of the MSRP or resell value.

The Supernaturals were still on FNL 2 weeks after release and the FTL & FTA by me had a decent amount

If thats your area, fair enough. But in NYC and many other sneaker scene major cities, they were sold out. They were only released to a selected few Finishlines, Footlocker, and Footaction. there are a lot of FL, FNL, and FA in the tristate area and half of them didn't even receive the supernaturals. The places that did receive them, were sold out in most sizes. I had to order mine on release date and have it shipped to store. After my pair was destroyed after 2 weeks of outdoor ball, I tried to find them again and they were nowhere to found. They did however did a small restock of a few sizes here and there. 

Last edited:

i never got to get any of the 8's elites. The price, the exposed flywire, and the lack of colorways pushed me. Heard the tongue is more comfy than the regular 8's and the the full zoom is nice. I can't get comfortable with the lunarlon on, i use the heel zoom from my supernaturals. I'm glad the ASG and the preludes have heel zoom. I am interested in trying those full zoom tho.

And i passed on the elite 8's because of the price, even after they were discounted to around $140 i still declined, and here i am buying the Masterpieces from NTNY this saturday for $225+ tax 
mean.gif
 crazy how we think the price hikes are okay.
FTL needs to discounts the superheroes already. Thats all i ever see everytime.

The 8 had a good run, shoe of the year IMO

I'm not really feeling the 9 I was going to pick up the MP but Nike is making that look nearly impossible so that's not looking good. Hopefully I can grab one elite colorway and a couple lows
Yeah wish I had jumped on the 8 train earlier 2013. I got on late summer so missed a lot of good stuff.

Yeah talked to HOH today and they said they won't get the Kobe 9 until March 1st. Forget which one that was but they ain't getting MP's or Allstars. Only the Allstar Brons and KD's.

Nice. Lace Swap? I forget did they come with black laces? Been putting these off a long time. Hopefully nobody grabs my size in the comings weeks at FTL's around here.
[/quote

My original laces ripped after a few wears hoopin soo I swapped to these blacc ones

Epic fail....the more and more I purchase nike and the more we get screwed with quality and horrible RSVP issues makes me want to jump ship

Idk why you tryna make me look like a fool

It's common sense that NT isn't the only place where hype is prevalent, but being that this is one of the first places that knew about Sparks, this would be the best place to know about Sparks and the hype around them. That being said, by the time we found out there was no US release date, they were gone and that doesn't matter because technicallly if you have the money and know that they're not in America and can get the shoes into America no problem you're gonna do it to resell

I dont know what cave you speak of but I was in this thread before you made your account, but if you read the sentence carefully you'd realize I meant halfway thru the Kobe 8 series (X-mas '13- May,June,July- January '14) the shoe became resellers shoe, where dudes where flipping MCs for double retail, and dudes had trouble copping the Venice Beaches (I copped and know they were sorta limited but the shoe shouldn't have sold out first day).

Do you actually believe if the Sparks were released in the same fashion as Sulfurs (General Release which would mean every shoe store had multiple FSRs) and retailed for $160, they would sell out in a matter of weeks?

Bruh you telling me ppl who don't know squat about shoes would pay $250 for mismatch shoes 
grin.gif
. The What the Kobe is a resellers shoe dude damn near half the stock was taken by resellers, it's hilarious when dudes call it a collector's item

Back
Top Bottom