OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

what's a good price for What The Kobes?
Retail is the best. Most are going for 400 to 500. I wouldn't pay that much for them. Anything under 4 or 3 bills I would consider a good price I guess. I'm no expert in the WTK tho. Wait around for another member to confirm.

If you really want them, I'd say anything around $400 or less is "good" at this point. I was watching a pair on ebay that recently ended at $405 and was really tempted, but they were listed by a zero feedback seller and he never replied when I asked for tagged pics.

Fake WTKs are super easy to spot IMO, but just make sure you're getting tagged pics to ensure the seller actually has the shoes in hand.

Last edited:

If you really want them, I'd say anything around $400 or less is "good" at this point. I was watching a pair on ebay that recently ended at $405 and was really tempted, but they were listed by a zero feedback seller and he never replied when I asked for tagged pics.

Fake WTKs are super easy to spot IMO, but just make sure you're getting tagged pics to ensure the seller actually has the shoes in hand.
only thing I can tell if fakes or not is the symbol on the green tongue. anything else that is blatantly obvious just from pics?

only thing I can tell if fakes or not is the symbol on the green tongue. anything else that is blatantly obvious just from pics?
Overall, the colors on both shoes won't be nearly as vivid as the real deal. The Mambacurial-esque "NIKE" text on the blue shoe typically isn't 3M like it's supposed to be (so a simple "flash" picture will do there). The texture on the logos (Nike checks and Kobe tongue logos) never looks right. Some fakes won't include the extra laces, etc.

Like LyPac said though, just post some pics up in this thread when you come across a questionable pair and people will help out.

Just post up the pics in here. Easy to spot the fakes for me.
Yea man, SAME HERE.

I've been doing it for so long, probably going on 12-13 Years or so... it's Incredibly Easy for me to Spot a Fake.

I can make a Legit Call on Fake Or Not on almost any Nike sneaker in less than 5 Seconds Tops. No Lie.

^

Nice pickup Bigj.

All the orange colored Kobe's were dope.
She's DOPE and just single-handedly brought back my Interest in the ASG's at the same dam time. 
nthat.gif

how do these fit? I've never owned a pair of kobe 8s and i found a really good deal on the easters today for a size 11. i mostly wear 10.5 with sometime 11. 
Get Em!

Kobe's run slighty Smaller than True To Size. They run TTS for most recent Nike Basketball Sneaks, but a 1/2 size smaller than anything else you'd probably wear.

I'm a True 11.5, but I had to go to Size 12 on all my Kobe's for a comfortable fit out the box...

Had just won some kobe v draft days off ebay the same night, then saw those. Had been fiending for volts for months. Could not pass em' up.

Plus my IDs are coming this week
roll.gif

shoe overload
Glad they went to a homie, but if I saw the notification before those 5's ended...they'd be coming home to papa. 
laugh.gif

Glad they went to a homie, but if I saw the notification before those 5's ended...they'd be coming home to papa. :lol:

Don't feel too bad. The soles are not in DS condition. They have been tried on at least once and walked around the store. I wasn't pleased. Tried to hit them with Jason Markk but only helped a bit. Annoying but oh well. Thats the risk you run in getting **** off the hash I guess :x

Back
Top Bottom