OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Those are China release dates right? Vac-tech with suede so it should be more durable. Need to have them in hand to make sure it doesn't feel cheap. YOTS 2K4s will be copped too.
fry-money.jpg
Yep those are all China release dates.

Played in my sulfurs for the first time last night. Didn't have any time to break them in before my first game so they were kinda stiff starting out. Traction was good right out of the box, a very pleasant surprise since the Vs took about two weeks of regular use before they got grippy.

Felt my ankle start to roll a couple of times but I never fully rolled it. Didn't injure or hurt myself but it was kinda scary. You can really feel how thin the outsole is, which kinda scares me. I wish the outrigger were a little bigger or the outsole was made a tiny bit thicker.

Second game the shoes felt great. Traction was good an a dusty court. Everyone complained about traction but mine was solid. I've noticed the 8s have the most arch support I've ever felt in the Kobe line (I've hooped in the IIs, IVs and Vs, worn the VIs and VIIs for casual walking).

The Vs have always been my all-time favorite in the Kobe line in terms of the total package (looks and performance) but the 8 might supplant it. The only thing holding the 8s back is a lack of good colorways. The sulfurs are probably the best black/yellow colorway in the Kobe line since the Del Sol IVs. The Christmas lights did nothing for me, the outsole and midsole were nice but the upper was so boring. The blues, Phythons, ASG and red YOTS do nothing for me. The black leather YOTS look intriguing with the clear sole but the upper is still too plain.

I don't understand why Nike is holding back on the 8s. We got so many good colorways for the Vs, VIs and VIIs. And then the 8 is probably the best shoe in the whole line and Nike puts out bland/vanilla colorways.

Step it up Nike.

Last edited:
I hope Nike doesn't pull the YOTD on the all black pair, want that one more than any of those. So add 2-3 weeks on to the China RD?

Btw those interested in the 2k4, one person posted he got them already from a mom and pop store. Kicks-crew has them now too for 110 + shipping.

The jacket gonna cost more than the shoes but so sickkkkkkk

I'm torn between all of them

Will def pass on red lifestyles. But Pythons, Black Mambas, and Red Systems,are all fire.

This Year just like in the jacket will be the "Year of the Mamba"

VIII's will kill my pockets but I love this shoe.

I hope Nike doesn't pull the YOTD on the all black pair, want that one more than any of those. So add 2-3 weeks on to the China RD?

Btw those interested in the 2k4, one person posted he got them already from a mom and pop store. Kicks-crew has them now too for 110 + shipping.
I agree, hope its not the YOTS all Blacks. Hopefully something CRAZY!

I just purchased Christmas VIII shirt of ebay for $30 free shipping. Crazy!
There was actually a legit seller. 

Kobe is winning everywhere except on the court, lol.

Nike has definitely laced him this time around as far as these multi-sneaker "packs" go (Christmas, YOTS, etc)

I'm not diggin' any cws from the YOS pack. The way that Red Suede pair is constructed looks very similar, if not identical, to that Grey/Volt pair Vannesa (sp?) posted on her IG.

I'm just waiting on any updates for that Grey/Yellow cw (Homes?)...

Didn't y'all want those red suede joints burned at the stake when we saw them way back when?? Lol they still look like crap.

I bet that jacket is like 500 or something ridiculous. Looks nice though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom