OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

how the hell you guys getting free gift cards, and i didnt even get anything :smh:

screw nike

It was just there in my email under promotions. Some peeps in the ID thread got $50

i didnt get anything

my brother got an email... for free shipping :x

nike is a bunch of cons. the amount of money ive spent with my 2 accounts :lol: im glad their stupid new site doesnt let me purchase anymore.

Man, I gotta admit, I felt extra special when i got that $50 NDC coupon yesterday.  Nike made me happy.  Its the little things...

Yo, so I bought "VNDS" All Stars from eBay... There were some scuffs on the back that I cant wipe off with clothe and water, anyone know how to remove scuffs from the white heel piece? and any care taking tips? 
smile.gif

Yo, so I bought "VNDS" All Stars from eBay... There were some scuffs on the back that I cant wipe off with clothe and water, anyone know how to remove scuffs from the white heel piece? and any care taking tips? 
smile.gif
 Man, hate to say "I told you so", but...

Only way I think you could get rid of them would be to lightly wet-sand the problem areas with really high grit sandpaper and then polish them back up. If that's not something you're experienced in I'd probably just leave them be though, you could potentially make them look way worse if you did it wrong.

Factory workers strike due to getting paid $1 a year could've had something to do with it
Dont blame nike for that. People are lined up to work at those factories for low pay because it's better than the alternatives

Man, hate to say "I told you so", but...

Only way I think you could get rid of them would be to lightly wet-sand the problem areas with really high grit sandpaper and then polish them back up. If that's not something you're experienced in I'd probably just leave them be though, you could potentially make them look way worse if you did it wrong.
yeah, he gave me a $45 refund so it was a little under $150 for clean, but scuffed shoes. i can try using sand paper, but how do i polish it? and whats really high grit? i can practice on some other plastics 

Man, I gotta admit, I felt extra special when i got that $50 NDC coupon yesterday.  Nike made me happy.  Its the little things...
Conversly, it pisses other people off that spend thousands and don't get squat. Seems like it would have been universally more equitable had they sent the coupons to those who spent the most. In any case, congrats on the the $50!

yeah, he gave me a $45 refund so it was a little under $150 for clean, but scuffed shoes. i can try using sand paper, but how do i polish it? and whats really high grit? i can practice on some other plastics 
That's good, at least he was willing to work with you some.

Wet-sanding is typically a practice used for working on cars (in various forms), but it's also easy to do with all sorts of plastics. The higher the "number" on the sandpaper, the less abrasive/more smooth it is. Also make sure to buy sandpaper that's intended for wet-sanding specifically.

To wet-sand you literally just soak the paper in water before getting started. Definitely practice on some other plastic first to get an idea of what sort of technique to use. You don't need to apply much pressure, that's the purpose of the sandpaper. Depending on how rough the scuffs are, I'd start with sandpaper in the 400-ish range and possibly work your way up to 6-800. Make sure to use some painters tape to cover up the white foam midsole and orange leather areas on the heel so you don't soak them with water.

For polishing after wet-sanding, I'd go to any auto parts store and find the cleaning/detailing supplies. Find a polish that's intended to shine up plastics/moldings on car parts. Just follow the instructions on the back - but it should say something along the lines of squirting some of the polish on a clean rag/washcloth, rubbing it onto the plastic, let it sit for a bit, then "polish"/wipe it off. Done deal.

PM me if you need any help, I haven't used this type of method on Kobe 8s specifically, but I've done it on all sorts of cars/car parts with great success. Just take your time and you'll be fine.

Excited to finally get these in hand. Got them used on the bay for $100. Just a couple scuffs on the heel clip and the botton logo yellow paint flaking off but not bad. Verry pleased. Insole is in great shape but I will put a new 2012 max zoom Jordan insert in.

Only 8 I ever had to have besides purple fades.

always wanted these but for retail no thanks. plus i sold my FTL gc recently.
HOH by me has the Red PP in my size for $115. It's always hard not to pull the trigger.

i dont like the others, dont care for black based shoes.

the grey upper is sweet and the touch of orange.

i dont even care too much, just trying to get rid of my few kobes since i havent even played ball in awhile :smh: life sucks when you get older

I would cop those red pps with the vip rewards or survey coupon at that price. Any other 8s still available at discount?

i slept hard and didn't even know i wanted the pythons until well after i couldn't find them for a decent price. did the same thing with the purples actually, too. pythons are underrated but purples are a little overrated imo. i still want them both though. lol

Back
Top Bottom