OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I personally thing it is. What size are you though? I've seen some DS or VNDS in size 10.5-11.5 on ebay for $150-180. Don't even think its a rare CW.
im a 13 but some reason the 8's fit run small as hell for me so i need a 13.5 or a 14. i found a 14. my 9s 10s and 11s are all 13 and fit fine. i had the graffiti 8s and i had to take them off after an hour they were that small. i agree theyre not rare because i see them in other sizes for cool prices but NEVER my size. 

Last edited:

lowest yall would pay for ds easter??? he wants $180. i can get $20 off an maybe talk em down some more.
...The LOWEST I'd pay is FOR FREE. Lol

$180 for DS Easters is a helluva deal at this point. You can talk him down more if you think he'll go for it, but I wouldn't push too much... it's already at Great Deal level.

I'm still looking for DS or NDS Christmas Lights 8's in a Size 12, almost 3 yrs later... it's getting mad Scarce out there.
frown.gif

Last edited:
...The LOWEST I'd pay is FOR FREE. Lol

$180 for DS Easters is a helluva deal at this point. You can talk him down more if you think he'll go for it, but I wouldn't push too much... it's already at Great Deal level.
think some1 read it in here an bought em [emoji]128529[/emoji]

How stiff/flimsy is the upper supposed to be? I bought a pre-owned pair in seemingly good condition, but the upper is extremely soft and flexible. I'm wondering if it's supposed to be like this, or if the person I bought them from wore the hell outta em playing indoors and that's like why they don't look too worn, but actually have been.. 

How stiff/flimsy is the upper supposed to be? I bought a pre-owned pair in seemingly good condition, but the upper is extremely soft and flexible. I'm wondering if it's supposed to be like this, or if the person I bought them from wore the hell outta em playing indoors and that's like why they don't look too worn, but actually have been.. 
In my experience from playing in multiple pairs is that if you hoop for a couple hours at a time, it really only takes 1-2 sessions for the upper to soften up.  I'd say after 2 good ones (maybe 3), it was definitely a significant difference from the out of box feel.  They still had good containment, just a bit softer.

So in short, it's a good chance they were hooped in for a while, but doesn't mean they were played in extensively.  Could have been 1-3 times to get the upper that way

The shoe should be mostly Soft & Flexible, except in the Toe Area where it's All Fuse Underlay beneath the Engineered Mesh.

If you're saying that the Shoe is Extremely Soft & Flexible All Over... and they don't look like they've been worn much... you've WON.

The best identifier of a Well-Worn Kobe 8 is the Bottom Sole... 8's have a very thin traction pattern, so they'll wear down faster than usual shoes.

Do you guys think 245 USD is a good price for a pair of DS BHMS US10?
For DS... that's about right for BHM's. Non-GR, so they're a Special Edition & more limited.

TBH... that's decent for almost any DS 8's... but if they're more of a regular colorway, you'll wanna hold out until you find something under $200.

Thank you all for answering my question. I was concerned that the structural integrity of the upper was worn out and loose. But it appears this is how the shoe is designed. The flimsy upper seems like it provides almost zero support, yet when you play ball and make all sorts of cuts, your foot is locked down perfectly. I like how these make you feel like you're hooping with no shoes on, kinda of like a sock with great lockdown and traction, with some bounce underneath. 

Thank you all for answering my question. I was concerned that the structural integrity of the upper was worn out and loose. But it appears this is how the shoe is designed. The flimsy upper seems like it provides almost zero support, yet when you play ball and make all sorts of cuts, your foot is locked down perfectly. I like how these make you feel like you're hooping with no shoes on, kinda of like a sock with great lockdown and traction, with some bounce underneath. 
The 8s definitely have the best fit out of all the newer models.

I was wearing my green superhero elites this past weekend all day and the drop in sole was definitely not as comfortable as the lunarlon. The phylon was really stiff. Forget how comfortable lunarlon really is.

9.5 - I couldn't believe it - I saw the ad week back and emailed seller right away - he kept postponing the meet ups so I almost gave up - but finally got them this am.

The Fade To Black 8 looks pretty solid. Nice deep monochrome Purple--I guess "Raisin" was an apt color descriptor. Just not sure if it's worth the price hike. I feel like I'll have to get one of the Fade to Black series, , and the 8 is my favorite Kobe.

Back
Top Bottom