OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

To dude who said to know your style and what not regarding lows: I agree but let's also bring up the point that guys like Earl Clark are wearing the VIIIs and I'm not saying I know you or your preference but I'm 6'4" 195 lbs and when I go play pickup or men's league I'm one of the biggest dudes on the court, meaning the shoe will be fine for the majority of consumers buying basketball shoes. If dudes in the league can wear them just fine, I think most of us in this thread can pull them off with no hesitation. All I'm saying is the shoe can sustain NBA action with the best athletes in the world, so even the most competitive ballers in this site should be fine wearing them. Hyperposites and even the Bron Xs were designed for huge and fast freaks of nature, such a shoe isn't even really needed for someone my size or even a little bigger than me.

At the end of the day though I agree it's all about what you're most comfortable balling in.

Just because one random power forward who weights 225 wears them when the majority of other bigs wear them doesnt mean lowtops are great for everybody now

Teams who get their ankles taped are to help prevent obviously. There's no question in that. It DOES help but does NOT stop it.

Literally. If you land to mess up your ankle you will. The most important thing is the outsole/heel cup/lateral outrigger for most types of plays. Having a lower cut shoe(to the ground, as in zoom instead of full length vis air) WILL help with general landing and planting of the foot.

The condition of the floor plays a factor too. Having a super grippy court will catch your foot when you make a plant will allow a better shoe to do the work it's intended to do. At the same time that speed and force going against the shoe can make you roll way more easily. That's why being low to the ground is important to me. Having court feel allows me to be able to control how my feet come in contact more than max air.

LOWTOPS aren't always ok. The Lebron 9 has got to be one of the worst balling shoes ever. Hyperfuse, hyperdunk, etc provide much better feedback.

I think that's what a lot of people are missing.

And to the dude who said he wears Lebrons so he can feel the roll and stop it more, you my friend are ONE OF A KIND.

This illustrates the different people have different perspectives.

I loved the Lebron 9 too. I loved the lockdown and and cushioning.

When are the Pythons suppose to release? Anyone have actual release dates for YOTS and other kb 8s releaseing this month n next month? Is this accurate?

1/19 - black snakeskin (yots)
1/26 - red suades (yots)
2/2 - red camo
2/9 - pythons
2/16 - ASG

Who's dropn the blk snakes? Just ndc?

smh they look like girl sneakers, they don't look like they would protect your ankle out there on the floor

^^^ we're still talking about the shoes boss. Why is it ok to talk about what they look like but not ok to discus performance?
Is there a "I'm out of shape, completely useless physically, only ware my shoes to the mall and school, can't play basketball, but still only buy BASKETBALL shoes" thread?
^ Thats how you get repped :D

yes discussion of the performance whether it be about ankle sprains, or how it feels while you're taking a duce, is still technically about the shoe, plus I'm learning more than I knew about sprains.

I've sprained my ankle 3 times, but I was also playing in some And 1's ( I was young forgive me)

Pythons looking good on feet, might actually look into getting them depending on how limited they are and what they look like in person.

^ Thats how you get repped
happy.gif

yes discussion of the performance whether it be about ankle sprains, or how it feels while you're taking a duce, is still technically about the shoe, plus I'm learning more than I knew about sprains.

I've sprained my ankle 3 times, but I was also playing in some And 1's ( I was young forgive me)
It's okay, we all were victims to And 1's. Those who weren't, consider yourself better off.

too me the kobe V will always be the best baskeball shoe ever...so comfortable and light but still a freakin BEAST on the court :pimp: V's will always have a special place in my heart..that is the first shoe i rolled my ankle on real bad but that still didnt stop me from playing ball with them lol

i still have yet to play in my 8's but they feel the same as the V's except the 8's are more higher to the ground cause of the lunar sole, the V's are more lower to the ground like you really are barefoot

8s are actually lower even with lunar. You gotta be joking.

Played in the Kobe 8 Sulfurs today during a game for the 1st time and here's what I can tell you:

Pros: Traction was excellent, comfort is the best in the kobe sig line.

Cons: My inner ankles were sore (due to the constant lateral movement because of the engineered mesh upper) and my arches on my feet were hurting badly (i have flat feet).

Keep in mind that I am very flat-footed and i play small forward/PF. With this kobe 8, i found it hard to slash side to side without having pain in my inner ankles. Cushioning was amazing, but I still rate the Kobe V as the best overall shoe in the Kobe line for all foot types (arched or flat feet). Any other flat-footed ballers out there having the same problem as me?

Played in the Kobe 8 Sulfurs today during a game for the 1st time and here's what I can tell you:

Pros: Traction was excellent, comfort is the best in the kobe sig line.

Cons: My inner ankles were sore (due to the constant lateral movement because of the engineered mesh upper) and my arches on my feet were hurting badly (i have flat feet).

Keep in mind that I am very flat-footed and i play small forward/PF. With this kobe 8, i found it hard to slash side to side without having pain in my inner ankles. Cushioning was amazing, but I still rate the Kobe V as the best overall shoe in the Kobe line for all foot types (arched or flat feet). Any other flat-footed ballers out there having the same problem as me?
I'm not flat footed, but I have used orthotics in my Kobe's in the past because I do experience arch pain in all my shoes while playing basketball. I'm debating if I want to invest in the "orthotic-ready" zoom option on Nike iD to use as well. I haven't had all that much pain with the 8's but we'll see over time.

Back
Top Bottom