OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I couldn't get over the feeling/texture of the insole without the sockliner fabric.  I'm hoping they release a model with a traditional insole, or I may have to try and see if my Lebron IV insoles fit into the VIII.

Anyone have Lebron IVs  and Kobe VIIIs who can help me find this out?

Just wear socks dude. LOL Wearing elite socks or any basketball sock should be enough.
You won't notice it as you wear it.

those kobe YOTS looks whack, all it is a red basketball shoe that will be hard to keep clean

Last edited:
I couldn't get over the feeling/texture of the insole without the sockliner fabric.  I'm hoping they release a model with a traditional insole, or I may have to try and see if my Lebron IV insoles fit into the VIII.

Just wear socks dude. LOL Wearing elite socks or any basketball sock should be enough.
You won't notice it as you wear it.
I was wearing socks lol, and it wasn't enough.  That's why I'm asking here.  I saw a couple of people on here use their Kobe VII insoles and Jordan insoles with the VIIIs.  Just wanted some feedback from their use of different insoles.

Last edited:
I was wearing socks lol, and it wasn't enough.  That's why I'm asking here.  I saw a couple of people on here use their Kobe VII insoles and Jordan insoles with the VIIIs.  Just wanted some feedback from their use of different insoles.

I guess the only way is to get used to it. If you're playing in them, you shouldn't notice it anymore.
Casual, maybe a little.

I guess the only way is to get used to it. If you're playing in them, you shouldn't notice it anymore.
Casual, maybe a little.
Yea, I feel you. I might just need to get used to it.  Thanks for the input man.

Finally caved in..

From what we've seen...

Blue lights>Christmas>Sufur>red rots>greens

The NSW releases I'm not worried about. I'd MUCH rather double up on a color for hoping purposes.

So far Purple fades and pythons>>sulfurs are still pass,i know more colors will surpass that ugliness..

Im probably the only one who thinks this but....

Sulfurs>Red Suede YOTS and Python

**Puts on flame suit** :smokin

No flaming involved, I am in totally agreement. Pythons are hideous doo-doo brown and NSW Kobes are basically the opposite of what this line stands for: performance

for me Pythons and maybe the cool grey/purples. After that the only thing that really excites me is the XMAS, which I ain't paying 275 for. Socks seem to be popping up now around me, though I am not sold on them, would have preferred a small logo like the old ones.

The Lebron iv insole fits perfectly, I've played about 6 hours with this combo and it's full-length Zoom Air bliss. It's like they were made for each other. I'd say the Lebron insole's heel is just a *tiny* bit higher than the original Lunarlon insert, but only a millimeter or two, and otherwise the feel is identical. Defnitely doesn't add any height in the forefoot.

The Lunarlon in my 8s started bottoming out after just two times playing in it which is sadly what I expected. I run on the balls of my feet and am 6' 3" 235, which basically means I need some kind of Air cushioning or my feet start to hurt after an hour or so.

Back
Top Bottom