OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I dont know which pair I like more, grey/purple upper with yellow/volt midsole, or grey/purple upper with purple midsole. What I do know, is I want them both :lol:

Saw the pythons in person and have to say that they are :x!!

Btw, people who are looking for Kobe viii socks in SoCal, Santa Anita mall's champs have 4 pair each of black/silver and green/yellow socks.

I'm telling ya. From the initial "those can't be the 8s!" reaction
to the "fiah" reactions... Sulfurs are so nice on feet with jeans and
on court.

I was one of those guys, but the fakes we saw that people claimed to be the viii's were made of plastic which completely altered the way it looked. The colors and heel cup were also off. I guess after the vii's the hate was armed and ready for these. Glad to see that's not the case

That's whats kinda weird...The Kobe Vs did feel lower to ground to me then the Kobe 8s even though I know different

I think it's the softness of the Lunar playing tricks as opposed to the harder feedback from the
Kobe 5. This is what I love about the 8. It just blows your f-ing mind. It's so low to the ground
while providing a roshe run type feel while being responsive. It's like they're defying physics
because it's so different.

What other Kobe is soft on the toes? Wear your 8s, then press your toes down, they feel like
crocs.

Last edited:
Just wanna share my Kobe 8 Christmas Lights....

The more I see the sulfurs the more I like them. But just not enough to cop with everything else coming out this year. But dang I need some of these other colorways to come out so I can finally get a pair! I've basically given up hope on a Xmas restock, so I've got my eyes set on either the red camos or the blue lights or possibly asg's depending on how they look. Not a big fan of the NSW pairs personally

sorry, but if you pay $16+tax (in most areas) just to complete the logo, you're a fool... it doesnt even look right together IMO. Plus the fact that they dont even work right with the insert if youre playing ball in em... Nike has some dudes by the huevos.

how do i get these for $50 like that other member 100 pages ago? :nerd:

yea im cheap, no shame in admitting that.. :frown:

For those that have been playing with their 8's, do the shoes tend to stretch out as you break them in? I tried on my TTS 10.5 and felt a little tight and then the 11 felt long. Any suggestions?

Some more info on the 8s:

Engineered Mesh is chemically treated to be tougher and sturdier. So they should
move with your foot nicely while keeping it's shape and is resistant to tears when
getting stepped on. Essentially, they should be as tough as the fuse material while
retaining properties of the mesh (breathability, softness, 1 to 1 fit, etc.)

Early in the design process during the first couple prototypes, the Kobe 8 System
weighed less than 9 ounces. As MIND BLOWING as it is, Nike decided the world
isn't ready for it and that they had to reinforce it more, hence the current weight of
9.6 oz. Imagine, this shoe was supposed to weigh next to nothing on foot!

I wonder how that could've felt? Got this from an EKIN session.

-KoB

For those that have been playing with their 8's, do the shoes tend to stretch out as you break them in? I tried on my TTS 10.5 and felt a little tight and then the 11 felt long. Any suggestions?

Go true if you have narrow-normal feet. I have wide feet and I still went true. no issues whatsoever.

how do i get these for $50 like that other member 100 pages ago? :nerd:

yea im cheap, no shame in admitting that.. :frown:
that s dubl discount double check.
wasnt that guy an employee plus had bday coupon i gift cert also

I couldn't get over the feeling/texture of the insole without the sockliner fabric.  I'm hoping they release a model with a traditional insole, or I may have to try and see if my Lebron IV insoles fit into the VIII.

Anyone have Lebron IVs  and Kobe VIIIs who can help me find this out?

Back
Top Bottom