OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

ps, I heard a rumor that the Kobe 9 will be his last sig with Nike. Has to be false, right?

:smh:  at that price. I don't mind paying $5 extra on the Lebron and KD but $55 for just the plus enabled shoes? Does it even come with the sport pack? I can see these being $165 but $195. Damn, Nike!  
mad.gif
  $20 extra for Lebron X+ doesn't seem so bad now.  Maybe because they're already at a higher price point, who knows??  I was kind of feeling the Kobe ASG but it's an easy pass now at $195. Hopefully, Eastbay is wrong as they have been telling everyone Fighter Jet Air Foamposite Ones PRM are $220 when we all know they'll be $235.
At least that would discourage a significant number of resellers.

They would be going after the KD's instead.
Why would Nike care about resellers though? They haven't for so long...As long as they get theirs, they'll sleep just fine.

Man, Nike is getting ridiculous with these prices. Not everyone pays reseller prices for shoes. They are just forcing people to hang it up. Collecting shoes used to be fun but they are really taking the joy out of it. :smh:

Sooooooo quick question. Do the backs always look different on this shoe? I got my pair of Bhm's today and I thought the back was supposed to have the full logo like the pair on the left, but mine look like the pair on the right with just 2 lines. what gives?

LOL...Nike made it towards where you either want this shoe or don't...I'm a huge Kobe fan, so that's probably the reason why Imma still buy, but I damn sho' ain't finna pay reseller price
Huge Kobe fan or not, that doesn't justify the price. I would cop too if I had the funds, but that's absolutely ridiculous. $55 whereas the LBJ 10 is $20.. oh so just cause it's a lunar insert, you gotta pay a bit more? pfft. i'll pass. Ima wait for them Purple Away/Gradients. 

Sucks cause these Teal/Yellow Kobe's are Nike+ also. $195... and this is the only cw aside from the Purple Away Gradients that I want so far. 

Sooooooo quick question. Do the backs always look different on this shoe? I got my pair of Bhm's today and I thought the back was supposed to have the full logo like the pair on the left, but mine look like the pair on the right with just 2 lines. what gives?
I thought the same thing when they released their BHM blog but I think since it's the US version of the shoe, that it'll only have the two vertical lines. Not even sure if Asia had a release with the full logo. 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

at the price! Nike cannot be serious with that ish. First off, the shoes look AWFUL.
Second, the shoes look AWFUL. good luck with that.
glasses.gif
They should pay us $200 dollars to wear that shoe, but even then I wouldn't 
laugh.gif

Anyways, I think as long as Kobe keeps balling, he will stay with Nike, IMO. 

Anyone have an extra pair or know where I can get A pair of BHM socks size Large for retail?

I thought the same thing when they released their BHM blog but I think since it's the US version of the shoe, that it'll only have the two vertical lines. Not even sure if Asia had a release with the full logo. 
all kobe 8 release in asia (esp china, taiwan ,and HK) have full shozoku logo

I'm 4/4. I would be adding the ASG's but the price has me rethinking about copping them. We'll see in two weeks how I feel about them or if the Retro 3's and Foams don't sway me from the ASG's.

how does the kobe price leap the lebron price tho? makes absolutely no sense.

maybe its a typo :lol:

:smh:  at that price. I don't mind paying $5 extra on the Lebron and KD but $55 for just the plus enabled shoes? Does it even come with the sport pack? I can see these being $165 but $195. Damn, Nike!  
mad.gif
  $20 extra for Lebron X+ doesn't seem so bad now.  Maybe because they're already at a higher price point, who knows??  I was kind of feeling the Kobe ASG but it's an easy pass now at $195. Hopefully, Eastbay is wrong as they have been telling everyone Fighter Jet Air Foamposite Ones PRM are $220 when we all know they'll be $235.
At least that would discourage a significant number of resellers.

They would be going after the KD's instead.

??? dont matter if you paying a reseller $200 or nike $200... still comes out to $200 out of your pocket compared to the $140 price the other releases had.

Damn, looks like these next kobes will be hard to get due to the hype, all the twitter RSVP and campin out makes it impossible to get any kicks i want due to my wirk schedule...If only this Sneaker Community had more cats helpin each other out people like me wouldnt turn to the resellers...Instead I pay who I gotta pay and what i gotta pay to get the kicks i want....

Damn, looks like these next kobes will be hard to get due to the hype, all the twitter RSVP and campin out makes it impossible to get any kicks i want due to my wirk schedule...If only this Sneaker Community had more cats helpin each other out people like me wouldnt turn to the resellers...Instead I pay who I gotta pay and what i gotta pay to get the kicks i want....

for the people who dont wNt the shoe that price is ridic (I agree)
but for those who love that shoe. 195 is the same as paying a reseller price and they will pay it while smiling

but for those who love that shoe. 195 is the same as paying a reseller price and they will pay it while smiling

problem is, the reseller price just went up for people that dont access to the shoe.

for example, Baltimore doesnt get many kobes so getting them generally comes from luck or a reseller.

Not gonna happen when the shoe sells out in seconds then the true sneakerheads who want to buy the shoes to wear them will have to pay $290 from resellers who just buy them from Nike.com and then post a picture of their receipt on eBay saying it's for sale. 

Last edited:
Not gonna happen when the shoe sells out in seconds then the true sneakerheads who want to buy the shoes to wear them will have to pay $290 from resellers who just buy them from Nike.com and then post a picture of their receipt on eBay saying it's for sale. 

You want to know how to solve that problem?

Don't buy overpriced colorways!

Why spend double the price for a hot colorway?

Everybody complains about resellers but then give in and buy for them saying "they gotta have it"

For every overpriced colorway in the Nike signature there's a GR colorway that you can get for under retail. The only shoes I know of that you are stuck paying resellers prices if you want the shoe is Yeezys, Air Mags and Jordan XIs,,,,,thats pretty much it

Back
Top Bottom