OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Do you guys REALLY like the ASG? For collectors they're a must, sure, but it's one of
the weaker colorways to come out.
You have to understand something...

Nowadays almost everything has been imagined so in order for something to standout it has to be bold and that boldness makes it GREAT.

It took inpsiration from Jupiter LITERALLY by grabbing a direct texture of the surface an slapping it on a shoe....

I Mean dude? If that not bold or brave o whathave you to NOT respect than i dont now what...

Just go on nicekicks.com and see the approval rating for it? Its up in the 80's for petes sake(pete rock cl smooth respect)

So answer the question?

Yeah man WE LOVE the shoe

Are these Kobe's a wrap in Houston? Too bad that warmup jacket is Adidas ... cross over to Nike already NBA, NFL finally did.
Off topic but the commisionor will never let Nike become the brand of the nba esp with how the nike brand lefta  soar taste after the jordan ban...

I don't like the asgs, they've kinda grown one me only because of the translucent soles. Nothing I need tho. If they weren't all stars, I bet half the people that have, or have to have em wouldn't want em.

^I missed the days when the ASG shoes actually matched the jerseys lol.
I miss the days when they played in their team jerseys period.

all the all star shoes are qs @Prime time

This years ASG appealed to me when we first saw pics of the ones with orange sole and heel clip. but this recent one not so much. I don't think they're ugly.
but they're other shoes that id rather pay money for.

Last edited:
Do you guys REALLY like the ASG? For collectors they're a must, sure, but it's one of
the weaker colorways to come out.
I really like them and I'm really pissed that I didn't get a pair
mad.gif
laugh.gif

Saw the volts in person today, very impressed. 

The way its looking now it looks like they'll be my next Kobe 8.

So when foams a couple years ago were 190-200, now 220-235. Jordan 3s were 125, 150, then 160, now 200. That's not just raising prices because they can? What about the $20 hike on the bhms that didn't happen in the past? Or $20 on the asgs, that at most used to be only $5? Nikes doing it just because they can....
Inflation homie..

Everything is rising.

Inflation? :rofl:

NO

its just greed, they charge ridiculous prices because they know IDIOTS (Us) will pay it

what kind of inflation is there for a shoe to rise $50 in price when the exact shoe a little over a year was released for $150...

yea inflation...

Saw the volts in person today, very impressed. 

The way its looking now it looks like they'll be my next Kobe 8.

when do they release. im gonna cop them on clearance if i like the shoe on the court.

I don't like the asgs, they've kinda grown one me only because of the translucent soles. Nothing I need tho. If they weren't all stars, I bet half the people that have, or have to have em wouldn't want em.

Youre right

But 75 pct of people wouldn't buy these shoes if they weren't Kobes either.

Its just the way it is

Can someone please help me with info on the Blue Lights release info? I just wanna know what you guys think about as far as availability. Think local Foot Lockers will have them or only HOH?

Anybody know if Nike will do another "big 3" release with the KD V, Kobe 8, and Lebron X? They did the Christmas, BHM, and All Star packs. Any new ones? Easter maybe? (But they look ugly soo far!) Hope they do a Kay Pow Pack. That'd be definitely a cop. The KD v Aunt Pearls look great!

THIS.

Too many sillie colorways coming out. And this years asg made no exception. at least last year had a design theme that worked.
I am the fan of the previous way when it was just the red or blue depending on conference tho.

It's basic economics. Demand greater than supply causes a steady rise in price. Nike answers to stockholders first and their purpose as a for profit company is just that, profit. So when shoes continue to sell out at high price points and go for even more Nike will continue to raise prices to maximize profit. Only way to stop it is to keep your money in your wallet

Youre right

But 75 pct of people wouldn't buy these shoes if they weren't Kobes either.

Its just the way it is
True... Very true.

Can someone please help me with info on the Blue Lights release info? I just wanna know what you guys think about as far as availability. Think local Foot Lockers will have them or only HOH?
Gr, probably go on sale, possibly outlets. Nice colorway, just probably not appealing enough to everyone.

People who claim inflation, where is the math that supports this argument? We'll wait.....

Back
Top Bottom