OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Not sure if posted: But here are some photos of the USC Men Volleyball team's Kobe 8.

Same here. Started when I was just a little tyke and they won the first Chip... never looked back since. If it aint Duke blue I dont want it, and I sure as #$%^ aint wearin nothing with baby blue in it. Had to pass on those Blue Lights for that reason. If they release with the logo I will pay top dollar to cop.

THIS!

I'm hoping they drop with the "D" on 'em. But if they release without the logo like the 5, 6, and 7's, I'm fine with that. Hopefully the trend continues and Nike releases them to the public.

That volt does look more green than previous volt colored shoes from nike. Still look good though

Red camo > volt

damn, some of you people got your shoes shipped the day they released. mine are still waiting on approval..

Just pulled the trigger on my first pair of Kobe's, the red camos.

Needless to say I'm excited. Hoping they live up to the expectations.
laugh.gif

normal vs xdr - are there much difference between comfort, court feel, cushioning and grip wise ?

christmas lights vs GR - do they feel the same to play in ?

if its worth it to you to save $25, o it. Why not. Like someone mentioned before, dude bought 5 or 6 pairs of 8s, all with bday coupons. Basically, its like he got a pair free with savings.

yup, i wish my local FTL let me use bday coupons on release day, man the champs wont let me use it till end of month. ridiculous. (shoes in general that get newly released)

won DS christmas' size 10.5 last night for 262 shipped. all things considered, DAMN GOOD PRICE!

now im havin trouble figurin out if they are the US version or the asian version with the full shozoko.

the auction only had one pic and it was pretty s****y.

the boxtag style code for the pair i won is: 555035 030

anyone kno if the boxtag for the XDR pair is different?

After having issues getting my order processed on Saturday, I finally got it to go through. I had been drooling over the red camos for months, but when I saw more pictures of the volts, I decided to get those instead. There were no store locally so I had to buy online. I was able to use the bday coupon to get a bunch of free socks since the shoes themselves could not be discounted online. Can't wait to get them. I am sure I will pick up the red camos down the line.

Here is just another story of how some shoe store employees are clueless and piss me off. (I know several great shoe store employees so this is not a knock on all employees). I go into the Footlocker in my local mall because the Launch Locator says they will be receiving the red camos. I waited until two days before they were supposed to release and went during lunch so I could catch the manager. The manager and a younger guy working with him were going over some paper work when I walked in. I asked about the shoes, they were clueless. Then I told them that the Launch Locator says they were the only store in the area who would have them. Then looked at each other like a couple of stooges and replied that they never get Kobes. That I would have to drive 75 miles to the closest HOH in order to get them. They suggested a few other local stores who I already knew were not getting them. Skip forward two days to Saturday. I call at 10:15 and asked the exact same dude answered the phone. Do you have the Kobe 8 in port wine, red etc.. colorway? Yes we do. Do you have a size 13? No, we are sold out. Mutha F******. Should it really be that hard to get a GR pair of shoes? Shouldn't you care enough to either know what you have in inventory, or at least be able to tell the truth?

won DS christmas' size 10.5 last night for 262 shipped. all things considered, DAMN GOOD PRICE!

now im havin trouble figurin out if they are the US version or the asian version with the full shozoko.

hey man i think i was checkin out the same shoe lol ebay right ?

Just checkout the sole. If its solid, it's the xdr. If its translucent, then it's the us version.

Cachooka Man

Those volts are ridiculous in those pics

Makes me want a pair

But jeez, I was only sposed to like/want/buy the red camos

U guys are gonna have to stop posting pics of the volts

Gonna make me end up scooping a pair

Nike still has my size available too smh

Must stay strong

Last edited:
Cachooka Man

Those volts are ridiculous in those pics

Makes me want a pair

But jeez, I was only sposed to like/want/buy the red camos

U guys are gonna have to stop posting pics of the volts

Gonna make me end up scooping a pair

Nike still has my size available too smh

Must stay strong

This this a thousand times this.

saw some guy at the gym today with red camos. i have to say they look nice but the soles are way too bright red which sorta kills it for me. anyways im looking forward to the easter release.

Ok so u were turned off by a bright red sole, but your'e waiting on some tri-colored pastel johns?

Did I miss something?

Or maybe red is just not your cup of tea..?

Last edited:

If the shoe is the Asian release, it will have "GC" next to the color description.

The GC stands for Greater China. Those pairs have the XDR outsoles.

Back
Top Bottom