OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Am i the only one that hopes that the 3/29 pair isn't the Easters and is the Purple Gradients? lol

Nope, I dream of the gradients releasing. Has anyone done the obvious thing and tweeted kobe himself a pic of the purple gradients and asking him about the release. Tell him they are in high demand from his fans. If enough of us NT'ers tweet him about the gradients he has to answer. So everyone FLOOD his twitter about the purple gradients

Color description matches across all the sig shoes dropping that day
Damn....good research. Was hoping for multiple releases on the 29th but your evidence is convincing. That's gotta be the worst color description ever. 

The Kobes have 10x more detail than the Lebrons and KDs. Either their designers are lazy as F or the Kobe's EM and everything else is just easier to make dope designs with. 

Nope, I dream of the gradients releasing. 
Dude, you don't need to dream. It's not a matter of if, but a matter of when the fades will release. 

The grey upper/purple sole, on the other hand, isn't a guaranteed release. The ones Kobe was wearing didn't even have the snake around the tongue logo. 

Last edited:
The other Easter shoes say the blue color in the description where as the Kobe has two different purples.. Which is why I thought they didn't match the Easters very well.

The Brons and KDs both have the first color being a teal too and that matches their uppers.. so since the Kobes list Fiberglass first wouldn't that mean that the shoe dropping the 29th will have a FIberglass/grey upper?
The fiberglass is that teal looking color ..  the gradients/fades dont have that teal/blueish in them just purple and black

Purple Gradients to me, are potentially the greatest colorway of this shoe. What worries me is right now I do not see any concrete info that they will be released. Is there anyone that can confirm a release date?

Pretty sure fiberglass is the grey....
+2.  I think the fiberglass is the grey.  It may have a light bluish tint to it but I don't think it's that teal color.

Plus, the Lebron's and KD's have colors in their descriptions that are teal-like or green

Last edited:
I wear 10.5 in almost all jordans, should i get same size or half size down on k8s?
i wear mostly US10 for jordan retros ( causual streetwear ), had to go 1/2 size up for kobe 8.  u might have some of these others - lebron x 10.5, kd v 10.5, jordan 2012 deluxe 10.5, hyperdunk 2012 10.5, 2k4 yots 10 so hopefully that helps wit size comparisons ( these i play in )

Wasn't there suppose to be a release on the 23rd as well? They took it off the calendar?

The 3/29 pair was originally 3/23 but it got moved back to 29th

There's no CONCRETE info confirming that the Gradients will release.
But the 3/29 has been speculated to be the Gradients or Inlines (Grey upper/purple sole). And I guess now they can be the Easters.
There was another pair that's coming out like 4/26 that was also speculated to be the Gradients or Inlines.

Homie....scored mine today....same coupon in hand...get on it soon mayne!
I agree with Sdubl...don't know how someone outside of a reseller would return...
then again, don't know why a reseller would return it either considering they are slowly dissipating in availability.

What's up man!! Long time...

These are hot but I wanted the Volts so badly before they were gone. From what I saw, the Reds were available in most sizes as of this past Saturday at Champs and FTL's. Volts didn't drop at Champs locations from my understanding, only FTL's.

Damn....good research. Was hoping for multiple releases on the 29th but your evidence is convincing. That's gotta be the worst color description ever. 
The Kobes have 10x more detail than the Lebrons and KDs. Either their designers are lazy as F or the Kobe's EM and everything else is just easier to make dope designs with

I think this is probably closest to the truth. The Brons and KDs have both had some pretty great releases this year (or at least the Bron's have had ridiculous ID options), but the VIIIs have just been inspired. Honestly every release has been on point. And even though I don't like the puke pattern that they've used for the blue lights and supernaturals (or whatever the green base is), damn it if they don't work somehow. Luckily for my wallet the ID options have been absolute crap.

Edit

Camos and Xmas from this weekend shipped. It's gonna be a good week.

Last edited:
The 3/29 pair was originally 3/23 but it got moved back to 29th

There's no CONCRETE info confirming that the Gradients will release.
But the 3/29 has been speculated to be the Gradients or Inlines (Grey upper/purple sole). And I guess now they can be the Easters.
There was another pair that's coming out like 4/26 that was also speculated to be the Gradients or Inlines.
Oh god....I have to wait another month for one of the purple colorways....I've been waiting since Dec/January lol. Good thing I picked up the Pythons to ball in until then. 

I have no doubt that the Gradients will release but I'm beginning to think the Inlines will never be released to the public which sucks because it's my favorite pair.

Hey guys I HATE to pull this

But how did the Kobe 8 EXT releases go this weekend?

Are they still sitting in any stores or online on any foreign sites?

My internet was pretty much down all weekend and its impossible to keep up if you miss a few days especially a release weekend

Last edited:
Watch the purple gradient were Kobe's PE and we're getting the purple gradients on the Elites. :rofl: Ultimate troll game by Nike :lol:

Last edited:
Oh god....I have to wait another month for one of the purple colorways....I've been waiting since Dec/January lol. Good thing I picked up the Pythons to ball in until then. 
I have no doubt that the Gradients will release but I'm beginning to think the Inlines will never be released to the public which sucks because it's my favorite pair.

I'm hoping so man. Gradients are definitely on my must have list.

Some pages ago in the thread there was a little debate on whether or not the 3/29 pair was the Gradients or Inlines because Fiberglass is a grey color and usually the first color on a color description indicates the color of the upper, and since the 3/29 pair is Fiberglass/Court Purple/Laser Purple, that would fit Inlines..

There was a pair coming out around 4/26 that also lists two different purples in the color description so some people were saying that those were Gradients the the March pair is Inlines.

Hey guys I HATE to pull this

But how did the Kobe 8 EXT releases go this weekend?

Are they still sitting in any stores or online on any foreign sites?

My internet was pretty much down all weekend and its impossible to keep up if you miss a few days especially a release weekend

SoCal stores are still sitting on the shelves,,i believe smaller sizes 1 or 2 pairs,good luck hunting brah!!

Some pages ago in the thread there was a little debate on whether or not the 3/29 pair was the Gradients or Inlines because Fiberglass is a grey color and usually the first color on a color description indicates the color of the upper, and since the 3/29 pair is Fiberglass/Court Purple/Laser Purple, that would fit Inlines..
After a month+ of speculation, it's so anticlimactic to have the Easters be the fiberglass pair....

Back
Top Bottom