OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

from what I understand, Nike only pays their signature athletes.... other athletes, either pay out of their pocket, or they get credits to be used on the Nike elite website.
Signature athletes have the bigger contracts.  There are lower tier athletes that are on nikes payroll, they wear whatever models nike wants them too.  Same goes for the other brands.  When ever contracts come up they find other people to get them shoes..  Alot of people like to wear ever they want swtich brands, those are the ones with no contract.  I wish the NFL and NBA would let the teams battle there own jersey contracts.. I dislike adidas.. This would bring in more money to the elite teams battling out with huge contracts just like soccer teams get...

Oh when a contract player wears another brand shoe on the court they get fined HUGE!

Kind of off topic but remember when Kobe was a sneaker free agent and rocked all that heat from Js to other Nike's that were in Lakers CWs? Did he have to contact Nike and pay them to wear PEs since at that time he wasn't under contract? Or did Nike send him shoes as a gift and a way to lure him to sign with them?

Just wondering because how do you get such heat in lakers colors without even being on Nike's payroll (at that time)?

Like I said once already, the crack shell pattern might be on iD(PDF pattern were on iD last year just to refresh your memory). They are gauging the interest on the press release version (PDF pattern were ugly to me so I didn't use it on iD last year). They might be doing it differently this year. I hope I'm right. :nerd: I'll order on that day they put it up, preset colors and all. :tongue:

Kind of off topic but remember when Kobe was a sneaker free agent and rocked all that heat from Js to other Nike's that were in Lakers CWs? Did he have to contact Nike and pay them to wear PEs since at that time he wasn't under contract? Or did Nike send him shoes as a gift and a way to lure him to sign with them?

Just wondering because how do you get such heat in lakers colors without even being on Nike's payroll (at that time)?

He was a shoe free agent so the more heat being given to him he'll be swayed more towards that brand. Pretty sure Kobe was going to sign with Nike from the get go. Kobe given the Swoosh crown after MJ hung up his shoes. :rolleyes

pimp.gif

KOBE 8 SYSTEM PRPL DYNSTY/GRN GLW-RSPBRRY RD 10/05/2013
KOBE 8 SYSTEM MN GRY/BLK-CRT PRPL-UNVRSTY RD 11/16/2013

Bro, any news on the Purple Gradients?

Copped the Xmas Lights Saturday for $200. Thanks to the dude Z!!!

When I first got them I was like, ok they're nice but not what I had been longing for. But then I put them on, and man!!! These joints look a hundred times better on foot. The shoe will be done no justice if not worn.

con grats on the pick up. i agree awesome shoe on feet. those laces and swoosh popppppppppp

Kind of off topic but remember when Kobe was a sneaker free agent and rocked all that heat from Js to other Nike's that were in Lakers CWs?

oh do i ever. i bet just because jordan realized kobe tha gawd was second in line GOAT. Probably just called jordan up and asked him...

*drools*

^^^^ its been a theme with kicks for a few years, just cuz kobe never had a nerf doesnt mean its not happening. I'll call kicks whatever the F i want to, and you can stay shakin your head in the corner. Let me guess Kdnotnice, your a sneakerhead, and im a hypebeast because I use nicknames for shoes? Some people are just ignorant.

^just realized the green on the toe......:smokin insta copped

i hope these ones are dropping. i like both colorways tho. doesnt matter still copping a pair

Last edited:
^^^^ its been a theme with kicks for a few years, just cuz kobe never had a nerf doesnt mean its not happening. I'll call kicks whatever the F i want to, and you can stay shakin your head in the corner. Let me guess Kdnotnice, your a sneakerhead, and im a hypebeast because I use nicknames for shoes? Some people are just ignorant.
This is my last post on this because this argument is downright moronic.. but just so I understand better.. KD IV Nerfs release, customizers start doing spin-offs on Lebrons/KDs/Kobes etc, which all picked up within the past year, but they have been doing this nerf theme for a "few years"? Sounds like you know your stuff, I'll let you take it from here. Not once did I claim I know more than you, nor call you a hypebeast, which I think is also a dumb term, was just simply stating this nicknaming and calling shoes nerfs/weathermans etc is played out, especially since those shoes were part of specific packs, and not recurring colorways that will release for each and every model.

Just got the red camos Yots for $115
:smile: im happy

Did the same with the Blue camos which seem to be tougher and tougher to find in large sizes. I saw them in person and honestly liked them best out of red camo, blue camo, and volt/grey. Am guessing production #s on the 8s were lower than many of the 7s because they aren't lasting very long at all. I would say they seem to be selling better than the 6s as well. Kobes probably haven't done this well since the 4s if I had to guess.

Back
Top Bottom