OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

You don't have to pay US customs fees for items purchased in or from Canada.
Thanks for the info 
nthat.gif

Right now I am wondering about this also, I got the backorder email, kinda having second thoughts and considering canceling my order depending on how long it will take for them to ship out..
I was also thinking about canceling, but I already got a friend here that wants to take them off me for $300. So even if customs charges me like $20-$30 I'll be making a couple bucks and a friend will be happy.

me too. I'd never wear another man's signature shoe IF I was in the NBA. team shoe for me or Jordans.

that's how legit Kobe is though. Raja Bell, Pietrus, RONDO wearing his kicks while there is still an ongoing
rivalry.

:pimp:

KOBE 8 SYSTEM PRPL DYNSTY/GRN GLW-RSPBRRY RD 10/05/2013
KOBE 8 SYSTEM MN GRY/BLK-CRT PRPL-UNVRSTY RD 11/16/2013

last two colorways of the Kobe 8 :frown:

from what I understand, Nike only pays their signature athletes.... other athletes, either pay out of their pocket, or they get credits to be used on the Nike elite website.

from what I understand, Nike only pays their signature athletes.... other athletes, either pay out of their pocket, or they get credits to be used on the Nike elite website.

They get credits or a spending allowance

And to people who said they wouldnt wear a signature sneaker if they were in the NBA. Your options are kinda limited, The Hyperdunk, Hyperdisruptor, Hyperfuse are kinda one size fits all/team bank type of shoes, they aren't as targeted as the signature shoes are

^
I'd rather rock Retro Jordans/Nike Team/the best UA and Adidas Team than rock
a current star's sig shoe. Especially if I was some sort of a star (not a superstar obviously because you'd already have your own shoe)

me too. I'd never wear another man's signature shoe IF I was in the NBA. team shoe for me or Jordans.

that's how legit Kobe is though. Raja Bell, Pietrus, RONDO wearing his kicks while there is still an ongoing
rivalry.

:pimp:

KOBE 8 SYSTEM PRPL DYNSTY/GRN GLW-RSPBRRY RD 10/05/2013
KOBE 8 SYSTEM MN GRY/BLK-CRT PRPL-UNVRSTY RD 11/16/2013

last two colorways of the Kobe 8 :frown:

Thanks for all the info both those colorways sound nice I hate that Kobes release so late though like wouldn't next month the 9s come out ?

Copped the Xmas Lights Saturday for $200. Thanks to the dude Z!!!

When I first got them I was like, ok they're nice but not what I had been longing for. But then I put them on, and man!!! These joints look a hundred times better on foot. The shoe will be done no justice if not worn.

I have both and the Xmas' are loud as it is, the ASGs are screaming loud. It comes down to personal preference and what matches you the best at the end of the day. I personally prefer the Xmas'.

The Xmas are better looking on feet in person.
Both Xmas and asg were very well executed theme wise but I'll pick the asg over Xmas any day already did btw. The details on the asg are just crazy.

my girl liked the as kobes the best ouf of the whole area72 pack when i asked her to pick 1 for my to buy for her. guess shes a hypebeast according to spoonmanofthehour :lol:

xmas kobes >>> area72 but i like both at this point.

Last edited:
I suppose I'm in the minority of liking the Easters that have already hit stores more than the Nike Press Release version. I admit the details are nice, however I feel the "release" version just has a better flow to the shoe, plus I'm a big fan of the black swoosh. Either way the shoe will be copped, shaping up to be one of my favorite Kobes this year.
smokin.gif

The press release Easters, to me, are miles ahead of the release. There's actually a theme to the shoe with the egg cracking, etc. The release version just looks like three colors thrown together on a shoe. I still like the colors, but it's nowhere near what we saw yesterday.

I want to see these PE's (by far the best colorways, IMO) release already, and some more options for ID. Come on Nike.

And also, to me, All Star > Christmas. I don't know if I'm going to keep my Christmases, they just don't work for me. But honestly neither even holds a candle to the PE's, or even the Sulfurs for that matter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom