OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

$140 here in Cali too and bday coupon was accepted :smokin $125 after tax. First store didn't have my 9 but i tried the 9.5, 9 works out better. The EM is not as soft and flexible as the Lunarglide 4, but that's expected because of the rigors you put it through playing ball. Actually fits more like the Vs to me. Molds to your foot better than the VI. Cushioning is not as mushy as mentioned. Forefoot is really low to the ground. I like it just trying them on. Quick review so it might differ from another person's foot shape.

i have wide feet and i went a half size up in the vii's and was actually able to go a half size down on the 8's. this has to do with the EM upper which is quite flexible, so i went with the half size down since i will use these for ball and wanted a snug fit. for most it will be TTS i assume, but like stated earlier, just depends on your foot shape. if you've worn the lg4's the cushion will be familiar but firmer. so far so good. happy with mines. 3m swoosh is awesomeee

still contemplating on some $16 socks
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
I tried these on today for the first time. I went to the mall for that purpose... I must say:

> very comfy
> very low to the ground
> great heel lockdown
> surprisingly easy medial side movement (defensive stance will feel more natural, and this makes sense to do this from a health standpoint because no one rolls their ankle that way)
> bouncy
> heel to toe movement feels aided, but unrestrictive
> colorway (sulfurs) is so on point
> traction will be great (herringbone + similar traction to the Kobe VI on the lateral side)
> lacing system is really nice because the shoe's shape is not sacrificed when tying them extra tight

A+ for me... But I haven't balled in them... So I really can't say much.. .....ha.

I dont know how/why Nike keeps basically rehashing the Kobe silhouette every year. They all look basically the same from the first look.

These do look a lot more comfortable/lighter than the VII's. Will wait for performance reviews since im looking for a low cut shoe to play in.

For those who have both, these or the KDV's? Strictly from a performance view.

Heads up SoCal Footlockers are handing out Tickets for the Kobe VIII XMAS. Not just HOH. Call your local Footlocker.

haven't tried on the Kobe's or hooped in either, but the KD's once again feel "eh" on foot, i can tell they'd be basura on court like the IV's. i can also tell these will be one of my favorite, if not favorite shoe for hooping.

Last edited:
I dont know how/why Nike keeps basically rehashing the Kobe silhouette every year. They all look basically the same from the first look.

These do look a lot more comfortable/lighter than the VII's. Will wait for performance reviews since im looking for a low cut shoe to play in.

rehashing how? its a low top, what more can they do?

Heads up SoCal Footlockers are handing out Tickets for the Kobe VIII XMAS. Not just HOH. Call your local Footlocker.
either my local footlocker is getting tons of calls for the bred 11s or they took the phone off the hook because they were getting tons of calls. the line is busy right now.

^ The manager at my local FTL said they just started handing out tickets since last night.

Last edited:
Smh Canada. $200 including tax here...

Rather make the trip to buffalo and get them for $140 (and maybe try to use the birthday coupon)

It's that time of the year. Kobe shoe launch and Christmas. Good times! Right now, I am deciding on getting the blk/sulfur or wait for another colorway.

Initial Impression:
The lunarlon is not as mushy as I expected it to be, which is a good thing cause too much cushion for me = less stability.
This is super low to the ground, like the lowest in the kobe line yet.
Fits true to size and this feels like a hybrid of the 5 and 6. The upper feels like a second skin, literally.
Compared to the roshe, the weight is almost the same, fits almost the same (kobe 8 fits better).
Can't wait to try this on court :smokin

Music to my ears! :nthat:

Can't wait 8)

what foot locker are you guys talking about in socal? i called my local one and they told me to call back tomorrow. 
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom