OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

He's worn those before in a game...

That's the same pair Waverder and I posted pics of last week as well.

When those drop I'm buying them first day without a coupon, full price, and I'll be happy

I'll call them the KD 50's cus that's how much he dropping on his head tonight lol

Last edited:

Champs.
What Champs is this?

Ppl still talking about low tops causing their ankle sprain?

Seriously balled in these nonstop for two weeks and they're arguably the most locked down shoes I've ever played in.

No it depends on what you do on court

When you play with lowtops you have be more aware of where your feet are landing. It also depends on what you're doing on court. I sometimes wear Kobes when I play

Im a big, so whenever I play serious games I mainly have to get rebounds, post up and play help defense to block shots. 2 out of those 3 things involve serious jumping and not knowing if peoples feet will be around me, so I like having the feedback around my ankle that mids provide.

If youre a guard whos mainly shooter and drives sometimes and who doesnt crash the boards which (80 pct of the guards who I play pickup with are) theres no problem with lows

Last edited:
finally was able to try the 8's on, and wow, the comfort is incredible. i'd probably put them at number 2 comfort-wise behind Roshe's, now Nike just has to put out a colorway i'll actually cop for retail :nerd:

You will regret not getting the Xmas 8s. On par with the Grinches and 5s.

No it depends on what you do on court

When you play with lowtops you have be more aware of where your feet are landing. It also depends on what you're doing on court. I sometimes wear Kobes when I play

Im a big, so whenever I play serious games I mainly have to get rebounds, post up and play help defense to block shots. 2 out of those 3 things involve serious jumping and not knowing if peoples feet will be around me, so I like having the feedback around my ankle that mids provide.

If youre a guard whos mainly shooter and drives sometimes and who doesnt crash the boards which (80 pct of the guards who I play pickup with are) theres no problem with lows

It's a preference thing. Have you EVER prevented a sprain with high tops?
I've never sprained my ankle in low tops and every time I land badly, they're
in high tops. Just a little coincidence.

It's a preference thing. Have you EVER prevented a sprain with high tops?
I've never sprained my ankle in low tops and every time I land badly, they're
in high tops. Just a little coincidence.

I believe I have....with a good high top I feel the material gives me feeback so I can feel my ankle rolling so I can pull it back before it gets too far.

But a filmsy high top is worse then a low because you are tricked into thinking you have support.

I wore the Kobe IV and Kobe V alot and sometimes I'd sprain my ankle and feel like with a high top I can feel it quicker to try to prevent it.

Of course you sacrifice sacrifice "court feel' with highs.

I believe I have....with a good high top I feel the material gives me feeback so I can feel my ankle rolling so I can pull it back before it gets too far.

But a filmsy high top is worse then a low because you are tricked into thinking you have support.

I wore the Kobe IV and Kobe V alot and sometimes I'd sprain my ankle and feel like with a high top I can feel it quicker to try to prevent it.

Of course you sacrifice sacrifice "court feel' with highs.

Will not argue with that because I understand that since it happened to me
in the 2k4. IMO it's still the same though. The only way to have it really work
is if you can't move your ankles laterally. A shoe that can restrict that will work
yet I'm sure it won't be a pleasant playing experience.

what's the next Kobe release date?
I hate being one those guys, but really dude 1 maybe 2 page search.

as much as I want to get a lot of cws for this shoe. reality is Im not about to keep dropping this money on shoes (trying to go study abroad this year). so I think im only going ti pick up 2 more.
if the asgs end up being that orange pair those are a must.
other that either tmnt or another ID if they add options (or even if they dont)

I may have to get a pair of LG4s almost the same comfor level for about 1/3 the cost (with coupon)

Back
Top Bottom