OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

C'mon guys. It ain't the shoes! Just last week people talkin' about how they won't touch Rose's shoes cuz of his injury. Now it's gotta be Kobe's? I'm currently 3 weeks post op from ACL surgery. Got hurt playing soccer. My friend told me it was my bladed Nike T90 cleats getting stuck in the turf. He only wears round studs. What happened to my friend soon after? Tore his acl in ROUND studs. Luck of the draw people. Can happen if you're barefoot. Get well Kobe!

This by far is the saddest day in my Laker fanhood since that 08 loss to the Celtics.

It feels as if Kobe retired, or Kobe passed away. I am depressed.

U done went and killed the man smh lol

Its only an achilles injury jeez nobody needs to die

Last edited:
Man, totally feel for Kobe. When the last question was asked by that stupid reporter, u can see and feel Kobe that he was sincerely heart broken if indeed this was his last game, although he still managed to make a joke out of it.

Brand did it in 8 months. He will be back next season. #countonKobe

Comparing Elton Brand and Kobe Bryant? I can't do that...my heart won't let me.

I'm in Dallas, and I see Brand "play" a lot. Dude can't jump, plays only about 20 minutes, if that...5 points and 5 rebounds... is that what you want from Kobe when he comes back?

Let dude rest, let his whole body heal...and come back strong!

I wanna see Kobe dominate again, whether he's in the 9s or 10s. But I just hope Nike doesn't scale back next years model if they think Kobe's not gonna return for a wlong while. I need that Kobe fix!

Wonder at this point do they push on with the 9's or do they start from scratch and redo the shoe possibly making it a mid or a hightop? I know the achiiles is not an ankle injury but with all the medical people Kobe has on his team, if someome suggests a higher cut shoe for protection do they do this? I know this is bittersweet but Nike is pretty happy that they did get him in the elite product before this happened. I hate this happened....

U done went and killed the man smh lol

Its only an achilles injury jeez nobody needs to die
LOL dude man I said it feels as if Kobe died. I am depressed as ish man.

We are only supposed to be approaching the TWILIGHT of Kobe's greatness.

I DONT WAN'T TO SEE THE GREATEST ATHLETE IN OUR GENERATION GO DOWN LIKE THAT!

I shed real tears during that interview, it does feel like he died. They're showing the replay of the game already and it feels like I'm watching a ghost or something.

Just unreal and now I'm super depressed. Just tough trying to accept it and this is coming from a die-hard fan. I can only imagine what he feels like after all of the work he put in this season and how well he was playing. He literally played till he had nothing left. Hit those back to back threes and then hit the two free-throws to tie the game with a torn Achilles, unbelievable.

As a Kobe fan I will continue to support him and buy his gear regardless if he ever plays again. That was my plan whenever he retires, it's not going to change now.

Maybe I wont buy the elites because of the price, but everything else that I like and if I've got the money for, they will be purchased. All you phony *** Kobe fans can stop buying his shoes for all I care.

I shed real tears during that interview, it does feel like he died. They're showing the replay of the game already and it feels like I'm watching a ghost or something.

Just unreal and now I'm super depressed. Just tough trying to accept it and this is coming from a die-hard fan. I can only imagine what he feels like after all of the work he put in this season and how well he was playing. He literally played till he had nothing left. Hit those back to back threes and then hit the two free-throws to tie the game with a torn Achilles, unbelievable.

As a Kobe fan I will continue to support him and buy his gear regardless if he ever plays again. That was my plan whenever he retires, it's not going to change now.

Maybe I wont buy the elites because of the price, but everything else that I like and if I've got the money for, they will be purchased. All you phony *** Kobe fans can stop buying his shoes for all I care.
QFT

Its time for Dwight to step up. Lets see if he can be the leader. I got faith in him, he did it in orlando with less talent.

just like you man, im a kobe fan first.. i buy kobe shoes and stuff cause im a fan. it's just sad to see him end his season this way..in all honesty, id rather see the lakers not make it to the playoffs and have kobe healthy for next season than to see them make it without kobe. 

Doesn't Kobe make $33 million next year? Lakers might be hurting some serious feelings with an upcoming financial move. Might be interesting seeing the Kobe 9 in home colors that aren't purple and gold...

I just can't believe that the great Kobe went down like that. It truly feels like the Pacquiao KO. Both guys are in the top of their games, then down they went. Just. Like. That.

I believe Kobe will make it sometime next season, before Christmas.

Him and Beckham had the same injury at the same age. Beckham underwent surgery sometime March 2010, and returned September 2010. Knowing the warrior Kobe is, he might as well make it around the same recovery time as Beckham.

Comparing Elton Brand and Kobe Bryant? I can't do that...my heart won't let me.

I'm in Dallas, and I see Brand "play" a lot. Dude can't jump, plays only about 20 minutes, if that...5 points and 5 rebounds... is that what you want from Kobe when he comes back?

Let dude rest, let his whole body heal...and come back strong!

I wanna see Kobe dominate again, whether he's in the 9s or 10s. But I just hope Nike doesn't scale back next years model if they think Kobe's not gonna return for a wlong while. I need that Kobe fix!

You might have to find another fix. You won't that see that same Kobe again. Father Time is knocking....

Last edited:
Doesn't Kobe make $33 million next year? Lakers might be hurting some serious feelings with an upcoming financial move. Might be interesting seeing the Kobe 9 in home colors that aren't purple and gold...

While anythings possible, I cant see the Lakers using the Amnesty Clause on Kobe...

Lakers fans would burn that city to the ground if that happened.

Would make the L.A. riots look like a walk in the park in springtime!

While anythings possible, I cant see the Lakers using the Amnesty Clause on Kobe...

You just proved my point why fans should never be GMs.

The front office hasn't been the smartest since Dr.Buss passed. Not to mention if they wanna keep Howard they're going to have to either Amnesty Kobe to bring in talent, Amnesty Kobe to give Howard the impression they are moving on with him as the centerpiece, or Amnesty Kobe if Howard leaves and the team can't compete. Idk, anything is possible. This is all assuming Kobe doesn't make an awesome recovery. Wonder what kind of support tech Nike will put in the 9 to help Kobe with the added protection to the tendon.

I honestly just want him to come back fully recovered even if it is just got one season but I want him to go out in a good note. I will continue to buy his shoes after the fades and homes It will be 12 pairs..Nike give me a good design and I'll buy mambas shoes even if his not playing. I respect this guy a lot.

The front office hasn't been the smartest since Dr.Buss passed. Not to mention if they wanna keep Howard they're going to have to either Amnesty Kobe to bring in talent, Amnesty Kobe to give Howard the impression they are moving on with him as the centerpiece, or Amnesty Kobe if Howard leaves and the team can't compete. Idk, anything is possible. This is all assuming Kobe doesn't make an awesome recovery. Wonder what kind of support tech Nike will put in the 9 to help Kobe with the added protection to the tendon.
they'd probably bring back the special inserts from the 7s.. this time with the "Attack Safe" with added protection to the ankles and achilles lol 

You just proved my point why fans should never be GMs.

The Lakers are a business, and fans pay big $$$ to support them.

Whos gonna pay to watch a childishDwight, soft Pau, a broke up Nash, waste of space Blake, a sometimes I'm here Metta, but yet you drop Kobe...the heart of your whole organization?

And don't let Kobe come back to around at least 85% off his ability, and with another team (say the Spurs)...it would be anarchy.

And I'm not a Laker fan, I live in Dallas and was a Mavs fan...but now I just can't stand Cuban.

I like Kobe, appreciate his play, his effort, his heart...and I doubt the Lakers would really consider putting the Amnesty on Kobe...IMO.

Regardless Kobe had an AMAZING season wearing the 8's. All of the dunks he had this year and the incredible games he had at his age. It's never been done by anyone that's had that much wear and tear on their bodies.

It's just now hitting a lot of people who didn't appreciate him since he entered the NBA back in 1996.

Judas Priest Nters,,,why are we talking about the 9's here??Mamba is hurt and we're all hurt,,wish him all the luck and quick recovery

Back
Top Bottom