OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Apparently you're not a Kobe fan. And since you're not talking about the shoe or replying to a post that IS. Not sure what you're doing in here. 
laugh.gif
i guess you're one of the fans that wont be able to move on then, huh?

I let the talk continue because I didn't want to be a **** head mod... I know most of us grew up watching this guy. It's a difficult thing to deal with for a fan of Kobe or the Lakers. As a Laker and Kobe fan myself, it's a huge blow at this point in the season after all the hard work seems that only Kobe put in...

This thread however isn't a Kobe Bryant thread, nor a Laker thread. This thread is about the shoes. Lets get back on topic now.

Posts not discussing the shoes will be deleted on site. If people refuse to stop the non-shoe related talk, warnings up to suspensions will occur.

Laker thread:
http://niketalk.com/t/508728/2013-lakers-season-thread-42-37-vs-gsw-4-12

Kobe appreciation thread:
http://niketalk.com/t/527937/kobe-bryant-appreciation-thread

Kobe hater thread:
http://niketalk.com/t/183864/laker-haters-kobe-haters-call-to-arms-the-haters-unification-thread

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.... :wink:

You forget he'll be 35 when he gets back.  He's never indicated he'll play more than 1, and frankly he wants to move on to his next chapter. Too bad Kobe fans haven't figured out what to with their lives after Kobe hangs it up. 

Wow...now he wants to move on to the next chapter already? Please read the statement he posted on FB less than 12 hours ago..

Kobe's trainer has stated that his return time to the Lakers will be 6 - 9 months after his surgery, IF Kobe doesn't push himself too much and listens to the experts. Dominique Wilkins came back from the same injury at 31...with todays medicine Kobe can do the same.

Kobe has stated his career isn't yet over...He'll come back, he WANTS to come back...and it'll probably be around the New Year.

The only thing Kobe has said in the past is that he wants to continue playing, as long as it's at a high level. No role player status for him...

Just let Kobe walk away from the game when he wants to, don't try to end his career for him...:smh:

Lets just try keep this on topic about the Kobe 8...

Last edited:
I think the achilles inury was a result of the left ankle (the achilles was left also) being pushed too hard to come back, remember that ankle sprain was no joke. I'm no professional but with the minutes and how banged up he's been, something like this was inevitable.

As far as the shoes, I was surprised to check a lot of the local sneaker spots and find all are sold out of the 8's, no matter what color. Granted, they might not have gotten a huge stock to begin with, but still very surprising; I at least thought there'd be something...

So other than the 27th of this month and 6/1, we have no other info regarding other elite's right? Wonder if they got anything else for us or they'll scale back with the recent events.

Hahaha. I'm telling you guys it rolls of the tongue!!!

LMAO @ achilles tendons

Last edited:
If I go anywhere tday, def putting on some 8s

Dont really have anywhere to go tho

May just go to the convinient store real quick just to throw on a pair to honor the last warrior of the nba

And on top of that

What kind of NBA fan texts u and fills your phone full of negative junk talk rejoicing about a players injury

Thats what a homeboy of mine did this AM

Oh and he's a Lebron Stan btw so I guess I theres the reasoning behind it

But Id never wish injury or be happy that a great player is hurt, no matter if Im rooting against them or not

Sad

Ya'll beat me to it, I was gonna say the purple gradients are the Kobe 8 MRI's guess I was too slow lmao oh well can't wait for that shoe, to see it in Dubai first is kinda weird, shouldn't it be in China or Taiwan first.

I actually like the white elites. Reminded me of the Kobe 7 White/Court Purple-Black-University Gold. But there is no way the white elites would ever be copped by me. I hate to say this, but it's a "bad luck" colorway.

I'm not the biggest Kobe fan and def not a Lakers fan by any means but I respect what he has done throughout his career and his loyalty to the organization and being a fan of the shoes gonna rock the 8s as well to show support. Respect where respect is due. Have a speedy recovery Mr. Kobe Bean Bryant aka Black Mamba aka future HOFer aka Best Athlete in the World, etc...

With that said, give the white or grey with yellow midsole/outsole and Amnesties now!

I'm not the biggest Kobe fan and def not a Lakers fan by any means but I respect what he has done throughout his career and his loyalty to the organization and being a fan of the shoes gonna rock the 8s as well to show support. Respect where respect is due. Have a speedy recovery Mr. Kobe Bean Bryant aka Black Mamba aka future HOFer aka Best Athlete in the World, etc...

With that said, give the white or grey with yellow midsole/outsole and Amnesties now!

This.

I'm ready for 5/11 and 5/25! And some Amnesties wouldn't hurt either Nike!

You guys picking up the Kobe socks for the MRIs realize that the shoe has the full logo right? Also isn't the logo on the socks pink? Full logo on the shoe is silver....

Something to think about before dropping $16+tax on some socks.

Back
Top Bottom