OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I'm no Lakers fan, but they definitely don't make them like Kobe anymore.  Him and MJ were just a different breed of players.  Doubt we'll ever see two players like them ever again.

Nike needs to scrap those weak home Elites.  Give us the "Amnesties."
i think theres going to be more man

KD is a heat seeking missile and hes only getting better

Lebron is honestly beginning to look like all he wants to do is win

Harden wants nothing more than Ws

and i see serious potential in Nick Young and Iguodala, they have the desired size and athleticism very similar to MJ and KB, things just havent clicked for either

Instead of talking bout how its the shoes why not put on a pair of his shoes today in support of the mamba?! Dude needs some positive energy not blah blah it's his shoes! C'mon!!
do you even see what u typed here?

shoes in support?

needs positive energy?

you win kobe fans! the thread is now a bedside vigil for kobe!

Guess the thread was only designed for kobe fans, even though some of us just like sneakers without the player politics!

any other time the thread got off topic something would've been done by now, but 100+ posts later, same sad comments over and over!
mean.gif

Yup. Bron and KD in thar discussion. I would say Wade was too pre-big 3 lmao.

But man. I def cant wait for the purple fadesssssss

its actually sad that people are so hurt that an athlete got hurt. is he not human? at first i thought it was fan support on here but now its borderline obsession.  A shame that some of ya probably wont show this level emotion for ya own fam! 
mean.gif

Sorry, but its not the end of the world people.....it really aint!

Showing compassion towards a role model or someone you enjoy watching is now a bad thing? Can't be as lame as calling people out for doing so, IMO at least...

i think theres going to be more man

KD is a heat seeking missile and hes only getting better

Lebron is honestly beginning to look like all he wants to do is win

Harden wants nothing more than Ws

and i see serious potential in Nick Young and Iguodala, they have the desired size and athleticism very similar to MJ and KB, things just havent clicked for either
well said. the game goes on. no one man is bigger than the game!

Walked into The Nike store in Dubai today and was pleasantly surprised to see the purple gradients and all the gear to go with the elites
wow of all places dubai got first kobe 8 purple fades :nerd: seems cool pic though
what you mean?

Dubai is a HUGE tourist attraction for people with decent to extreme expendable income

idk, it makes a lot of sense that they would get almost everything early/first

I'm no Lakers fan, but they definitely don't make them like Kobe anymore.  Him and MJ were just a different breed of players.  Doubt we'll ever see two players like them ever again.

Nike needs to scrap those weak home Elites.  Give us the "Amnesties."
Hard to say ever.  While I do agree that Kobe and Jordan are a different breed, some may have thought Jordan would be the only one.  Now we have Kobe.  Most likely down the road they'll be another.

Last edited:
its actually sad that people are so hurt that an athlete got hurt. is he not human? at first i thought it was fan support on here but now its borderline obsession.  A shame that some of ya probably wont show this level emotion for ya own fam! 
mean.gif

Sorry, but its not the end of the world people.....it really aint!
Personally, im not sad because he got hurt, everybody gets hurt, we know that. But this injury came at a time when this guy is single handedly trying to carry his "super team" to the final 8th spot. You can see the amount of workload he takes on during his games. Now hes not only foced to watch his team play without him, but hes forced to watch his team potentially fall out of the playoffs. You cant help but feel sad for him if youre a fan. Just my two cents. 

Of all places, Dubai? Whats the shoe game like there? I could imagine some Shiekh could have a shoe game to rival ANYBODY in the world with those oil funds.

The shoe game is pretty whack! A couple of Nike stores and Foot Lockers that have general release stuff. All the Nike stores have a lot of soccer stuff, but their basketball wall is filled mostly with Kobe and LeBron stuff. The exchange rate is 1 USD= 3.67 UAE Dirham. The gradients were 999 AED which is 273 USD. They are amazing in person but not when I can get them for under retail when I'm back in the states?

Showing compassion towards a role model or someone you enjoy watching is now a bad thing? Can't be as lame as calling people out for doing so, IMO at least...
im not calling out anyone. Just keeping it real! i enjoyed watching a lot of athletes that came and went, but i'd also be damned if i was to boo hoo about it, cause in time there will be another athlete you enjoy watching. And like barkley said "parents should be role models!" so i've made it a point to not idolize athletes or people who get PAID to PLAY for a living!  

My comments were made to point out its a sneaker thread. im sure there is another thread out there to talk kobe injury. i come here for the shoes!

Personally, im not sad because he got hurt, everybody gets hurt, we know that. But this injury came at a time when this guy is single handedly trying to carry his "super team" to the final 8th spot. You can see the amount of workload he takes on during his games. Now hes not only foced to watch his team play without him, but hes forced to watch his team potentially fall out of the playoffs. You cant help but feel sad for him if youre a fan. Just my two cents. 
i respect that my friend. spoken like a true grown up. its the end of the world folks that made me vent.

question for the owners of the red suedes......do they look as ashy as the pics or are they a richer red in person?  haven't seen em in person and am in the market for some red suede joints and its either these or the pimento am1s.

It's actually not too bad bro. All you need is a cleaning brush and you can almost dictate the depth of the red. I'd say go for it although I am a big fan of Pimentos myself.

Last edited:
People on here make it seem like the man died... He's a warrior and I guarantee he will be back just to silence the doubters

It's actually not too bad bro. All you need is a cleaning brush and you can almost dictate the depth of the red. I'd say go for it although I. A big fan of Pimentos myself.
appreciate that chief! i think i'm gonna go for kobes first since the price is good and this retirement talk might raise resell prices. AM1s steady dropping in price so i'll probably get em down the line. thanks 

Ladies and Gentlemen, your 2012-13 Los Angeles Lakers!

the most under-achieving team in NBA history.

RIP Kobe's Achilles.

(Back to talking about the shoe)

Still sad about what happened to Kobe but I'll try to just talk about the kobe 8's here.

I'm still thinking whether to buy a xmas kobe 8 (for more than retail $280) or just double up on the purple fades :rolleyes I really like both, ugh I wish I never passed on the Xmas 8s on RD. :smh:

Injuries just happen and there's nothing to prevent it. When Chauncey tore his Achilles last year he was wearing high tops. That didn't seem to help. When rose and Rondo tore their ACLs they were wearing high tops. Injuries are a part of the game. Shoes have nothing to do with it.

Exactly. Shoe brand, low, high, mid, whatever. Injuries are injuries. They happen.. and sometimes they're really bad.... which sucks. End of story.

Anyways, what happens now... There's no way they don't release a Kobe 9, even if he's out for most of next season, right?

Last edited:
Interesting, Kobe gets injured then joins Instagram the next day. Here's to hoping he posts plenty of shoe pics. Its official to @Ladyvb24 sent it out.

Back
Top Bottom