OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Can anyone explain how the lebrons are produced more than kobe in usa? Trying to explain for a friend but lack the language or description

LeBron is Nike's centerpiece right now. Kobe isn't as bankable for Nike, as he's on the tail end of his career, while LeBron is at his peak (4 MVPs in 5 years). Also, the Kobe 7 sold very poorly, so Nike adjusted for that poor demand by not producing as many Kobe 8's (while the Lebron 8 and 9 sold very well, so plenty of the X were produced).

LeBron is Nike's centerpiece right now. Kobe isn't as bankable for Nike, as he's on the tail end of his career, while LeBron is at his peak (4 MVPs in 5 years). Also, the Kobe 7 sold very poorly, so Nike adjusted for that poor demand by not producing as many Kobe 8's (while the Lebron 8 and 9 sold very well, so plenty of the X were produced).
Well part of the reason the Kobe 7 didn't sell as well is because it was a giant letdown compared to the 3 shoes that came before it.

Well part of the reason the Kobe 7 didn't sell as well is because it was a giant letdown compared to the 3 shoes that came before it.
to each his own i dug the 7's style i just think they took a giant step in the wrong direction definitely to the masses.... when the 8's dropped... game set match. shoe of the year, hope nike seals the deal with the 9's
Agreed.. and the 8 being a giant step up for most people made it more in demand!

when i first saw the proto-types for the 8's i wasnt impressed.... then i saw the sulfers..... then i saw the xmas's.... i thought i was out but they pulled me back in

Nike support said don't bother sending them. Saw the pics and said stretching even tearing of the mesh is a result of "Normal wear" not manufacturer defect. Not happy but there isn't anything I can do.

Nike support said don't bother sending them. Saw the pics and said stretching even tearing of the mesh is a result of "Normal wear" not manufacturer defect. Not happy but there isn't anything I can do.
Wow, that sucks. I hope they make something more durable on the 9.

My hyperdunks and CP3s have held up fine this year but those Kobe's felt so light they kept being my go to pair. Definitely would cop again but general release and sale price to ball in. ASG at $180 were a semi rotated shoe and did not last 3 months (Feb 20th-May 20th) of indoor ball. Too steep for me in the future.

I believe supernatural cw is underrated
It is, the price is overrated tho.

i havent check but what are they going for? i like them a lot but dont see why people would charge a lot. seems like no one likes them :lol:
Retail.

They're still in stores, at least here in LA. If they didn't come with the Nike + tech they would have sold out fast. It's amazing what an extra $40 can do to the sneaker conscience.

Last edited:

dont believe the hype... this is a true Venice Beach sunset :wink:

Believe it or not, VBs sold out on Sneakerhead.com @ $200 per pop!

Wow!

Fiends!!

In regards to that trunk pic, he either took his 8 collection out of his house and put them in his trunk for a pic, or he keeps 10+ pairs of 1 style of shoe in his trunk at all times. Either way, it's weird.

Last edited:
Eastbay, footlocker, footaction, and champs are all unavailable right now. Wouldn't be surprised for a day early restock of some kicks that haven't been mentioned by anyone the past weeks

Back
Top Bottom