OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

finally got BHM's :D (and a some other shoes today.)
all stars are def nicer in person. too bad they don't have lunar or forefoot zoom(i think)

all ds and paid retail :pimp:

mmu6b8.jpg

How'd you get those ALL for retail? Stop playin!

Sounds like you just had some really bad luck.  In a case like stepping on someone's heel or foot, you are going to sprain your ankle regardless of what shoe you are wearing.  The only thing that will matter is the severity of the sprain.  A high top may decrease the severity of the sprain, but you will still get an ankle sprain.

Earlier this year I was playing in my LeBron 9's and I jumped and landed on someon's foot and rolled my ankle.  Luckily, it wasn't too bad and I was able to shake it off in a few minutes.  I think because I have sprained my ankle before, subsequent sprains haven't been as bad for me. 

Your friends are just teasing you, don't worry about it.  I'm sure you would have done the same if they were in your situation.  The only thing you can do is recover, and beat them next time you guys play.

I have balled in my Kobe 8's before, and they are great basketball shoes.  I know people have their worries about low top shoes, but this shoe has great lockdown.  Sometimes, there are bad luck injuries that happen (it happens to everyone), and you just gotta recover and let your body heal.  It sucks not being able to play, but it will make you more hungry next time you do play.  And I don't know about you, but I tend to play a lot better when I am hungry.
I'm definitely starving right now. I'm thinking it was somewhere in between mild and severe. wasn't able to walk properly for a few days, but I can kind of lightly jog now. I'll probably still throw in some 8's into my rotation though..thanks for the tips!

You ran in the tourney at Northridge?
nah...I just play pickup games at the src on campus.  3 indoor courts and with school out right now, you can always get in on a game or get one going easily.  When the semester starts, good luck getting a game in without waiting an hour or more

That's basketball man. No matter what shoes you wear you're not going to avoid an ankle injury if you step on someone else's foot. Best advice is to strengthen the ankles, wear ankle braces and or strap them as well for ultimate protection. Not much else you can do man.
I figure I should invest in an ankle brace, but I bought all of my 8's size 12 and they fit right on the borderline of wearable.  So, I doubt i'd have much room left to wear an ankle brace.  Just gonna thug it out!

I figure I should invest in an ankle brace, but I bought all of my 8's size 12 and they fit right on the borderline of wearable.  So, I doubt i'd have much room left to wear an ankle brace.  Just gonna thug it out!

Just make sure you rehab it properly. RICE, then do ROM exercises, then strengthening and propioception exercises. Being able to jog in a straight line is different than having to make sharp cuts on the court. As long as you don't have Steph Curry genes, you shouldn't need ankle braces permanently. Only should use them as protection in the beginning. Wear them too long and they become a crutch.

Speaking of the Halloween Kobe 8s, this is from sneakernews and I betcha the kobes kds and lebrons will come out with Halloween kicks similar to these KDs 
possibly the "Green Glow" Kobe colorway that is upcoming that nobody has seen yet

**** that nike should release amnesties to west coast only hahahaha 
roll.gif

Hold on now! :tongue:

Don't forget to show Dallas some love... after all, he did debut them down here when he stuck it to Cuban and the Mavs

I'd have to buy 3 pairs if Nike ever decided to release them, but I'm sure there's a .000001% chance they will. :smh:

i have one ftl where i'm at, and they always get really low numbers of everything.. i'm gonna have to get there early

the milk snakes do look much duller in person. the bright red on the YOTS would look better on the milk snakes

Also, lol at them champs employees, I asked for the kobes milk SNAKES dropping this week, they like, "you mean the shakes"
roll.gif

Thats what I been saying before someone told me its milk snakes lol

Anyways I'm kinda tempted to get the challenge red color.

Back
Top Bottom