OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

Best I could find. Im sure something better will turn up later. 

I think one of the lakers is wearing a white version of the elites... I wasn't able to take a pick but I paused and saw all white with gold shozoku.
I think he only wears hyperdunks which is what he has on

Last edited:
Good find, it was blake. All I saw was gold shozoku and my eyes opened up....

Last edited:
For me in a less than perfect rotation I noticed knee pain when I had back to back 40 minute league games about 2.5 months into the kicks. Thought nothing of it and kept playing for another couple weeks with major knee soreness that started to linger. Finally checked out the insole/midsole because the mesh wore through on the outside of one shoe. It was thinner and not cushiony to the touch. Wish I had thought of looking at my kicks sooner because I took 2 weeks off from bball (and it's been 5 weeks since that) and still don't feel like my knees are back to normal.

I'm 6' 180lbs so not heavy but I guess I jump a lot so might land more than some.

Last edited:

Someone on youtube bought full length air units from ebay for $10-15 and modified the Kobe Insert to fit the unit.

Has anyone tried use plastidip to protect the front toe box rubber when playing sports? I might try it after scuffing my superheroes. You can get it in clear. Also I noticed that the kobes with clear coating toe area are much more resistant to scufs as it feels like hard plastic vs soft rubber (volts, milksnakes, etc). 

haha ya i saw that in nightwing's feed and ended up buying a couple to mess around with.

I did and it's does not quite fit.  It wouldn't work and I didn't want to force it either.

On the other hand, the kobe inserts fit well into the bron XIs
thanks, is it too wide or too thick? or both

henry.jpg

Xavier throwing it down in them fades!!!!

i been having a slight pinch in my arch after playing in the 8s, came back to the 6s tonight and i feel great.

For me in a less than perfect rotation I noticed knee pain when I had back to back 40 minute league games about 2.5 months into the kicks. Thought nothing of it and kept playing for another couple weeks with major knee soreness that started to linger. Finally checked out the insole/midsole because the mesh wore through on the outside of one shoe. It was thinner and not cushiony to the touch. Wish I had thought of looking at my kicks sooner because I took 2 weeks off from bball (and it's been 5 weeks since that) and still don't feel like my knees are back to normal.

I'm 6' 180lbs so not heavy but I guess I jump a lot so might land more than some.

there are several guys now with some issues,

For the moment I can say the following:

I have a rotation of sneakers that I hoop in:

Kobe 8
Kobe 8 Elite
Air Jordan XI
Penny II
Penny IV
Foamposite One
Air Zoom Flight The Glove (latest addition, but I can only try those out next week for the first time)

so I only play in the same shoe every 2nd week and my foot never gets used to one thing.

The big advantage of the Kobe 8 is that it is super lightweight, sometimes I do not really feel it on my feet, due to its weight, cuts, crossovers are all perfect with it.
The Penny II are heavier, but a bit more loose, so they give my feet more space.
The Penny IV are more snug and have more ankle support.
The Foam Ones are pretty heavy comapred to the others, so you really need to work them hard, but it my calfs and knees appreciate that and the snug feeling is great!
The XI are the least comfortable ones, so I wear them only every 4 weeks actually!

I am not the super jumper, I am 6" and 160 pounds and I can touch the rim with my finger tips, but every jump shot that I make is a real jump shot, so I make a lot of little jumps.

In the kobe 8 I rolled my ankle twice during practice, but I was able to walk it off, with only a little swelling and after a day or two it was all fine. It was always my right foot, which is kind of my achilles heel (I know Kobe 8 & achilles LOL). When I was 16 I severly sprained my right ankle, I tore all ligaments, had a microfracture in the ankle bone and a capsula tear, so all in one go, so the right foot is of course more loose, so I can not blame it on Kobe 8 all alone.

Once after practice my right achilles hurt, but only for about 10 minutes. I warm up before practice and stretch only after practice, when my muscles are loose.

The only negative thing I have experienced, but that goes for all Basketball sneakers that I bought in the last 4 years: I use them less on average, than back in the days, when I was younger and had less money, but they wear off faster today than in the past and I am talking about on court usage, not outdoor, since I do not wear Basketball shoes outdoors. Back in the days I played in them for a year and used one pair of sneakers about 60-80 times a year, nowadays it is maybe 20-30 times and they look the same as my old pairs after one year.

Sad but true, price goes up, quality deteriorates!

Good find, it was blake. All I saw was gold shozoku and my eyes opened up....
Too clean. Logically I know they'd be ruined without too much trouble, but it'd be nice to have them, if only to rock every once in a while.

Too clean. Logically I know they'd be ruined without too much trouble, but it'd be nice to have them, if only to rock every once in a while.

If I snatched those, I'd have to rap them fully in plastic. Because if not, when they got ruined and they would, I'd be pissed.

I own 2 pairs of Brons a 9 on got on sale for like $80 that I don't wear and a pair of x's that I use in the snow and never get ruined lol. Kobes over all!

haha ya i saw that in nightwing's feed and ended up buying a couple to mess around with.

thanks, is it too wide or too thick? or both
Mainly because it is too wide. Since I couldn't get it in, I couldn't tell if the thickness would be an issue, but it is definitely a little too wide.   (...yes, that's what she said)

Was at footlocker Topanga last night.  Spoke to an employee, here's what he told me:

-Next pair dropping are the mine grays at the end of November.

-WTK will release stateside...not sure when, but when it does it might be limited to just one HOH.

-He was 100% sure that there will be another Xmas Kobe 8.

Dude was a Kobe 8 fan so I do kind of believe him, but then again he did say that the Fades were  a QS, so I guess take the info with a grain of salt.

Back
Top Bottom