OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE 8 SYSTEM THREAD

I love the Kobe 8s for ball especially with the XI heel zoom midsole.
Agreed on that midsole! I'm not huge on the XIs but swapping it into the 8s has been excellent. I just got the full-length zoom insert from the XI so I'm gonna try that out with the 8s. Will lose some flexibility but it should be a fun ride

Smh too true...they'll probably throw "DS" in the title as well
Too true!!! Here's one on th bay with the description of light wear. Wtf?!

Can someone honestly describe that outsole as light wear?

Favorite pair of ball shoes, but they're really starting to show their age and I want to take the load off 'em a bit by adding another shoe to the rotation.

What's the closest modern shoe to them in terms of performance? 

Favorite pair of ball shoes, but they're really starting to show their age and I want to take the load off 'em a bit by adding another shoe to the rotation.

Closest I would say are the kobe 11 elite (flyknit). Comes with the zoom in the heel but if you go with ID you get the option of full zoom. Traction I think the 8's were better but in terms of being low to the ground and light I think it would be the kobe 11s being the closest.

There is a sale on Kobe 11 elites for $99 at local footlockers, check the kobe 11 thread. US only though.

Honestly, your best bet might be the KB Mentality (I or II) if you're looking for the absolute closest comparison among recent releases.

You can find some decent deals on DS 8s though if you look around.

Closest I would say are the kobe 11 elite (flyknit). Comes with the zoom in the heel but if you go with ID you get the option of full zoom. Traction I think the 8's were better but in terms of being low to the ground and light I think it would be the kobe 11s being the closest.

There is a sale on Kobe 11 elites for $99 at local footlockers, check the kobe 11 thread. US only though.

I agree on the Kobe 11 as being pretty close....

Hi guys,

Looking to get a pair of kobe 8s to hoop in. Just recently started getting into the kobe line. Was wondering if you guys could help me with a legit check on a pair I'm interested in on the bay. Any help would be greatly appreciated. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Kobe-8...445882?hash=item2a78cecf7a:g:s8cAAOSwt5hYcu3S

According to the small amount of research I have done, most legit checks comprise of checking the EM, heel curvature, and tongue logo? The EM looks legit on this pair, but the tongue emblem looks really shiny and not stitched in. Maybe this is just how it is on the YOTH model? 

They seem fine but I am bad with legit checks on small shoes.

The only thing you really have to check for is on the toe box you can see a stitched KB24 at a certain angle. Ask for a pic of the toe boxes in clear light/up close. You see the KB24, you're golden.

Hi guys,
Looking to get a pair of kobe 8s to hoop in. Just recently started getting into the kobe line. Was wondering if you guys could help me with a legit check on a pair I'm interested in on the bay. Any help would be greatly appreciated. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Kobe-8-year-of-the-horse-size-7-5-VNDS-/182415445882?hash=item2a78cecf7a:g:s8cAAOSwt5hYcu3S

According to the small amount of research I have done, most legit checks comprise of checking the EM, heel curvature, and tongue logo? The EM looks legit on this pair, but the tongue emblem looks really shiny and not stitched in. Maybe this is just how it is on the YOTH model? 

Those are legit and a good price

Got a good deal on these. DS but size 11.5 so just a bit too big :/

GREAT in person though

Hey guys,
Just recently discovered the Kobe 8 hence why I've been asking a lot of questions. Sorry. Was just wondering for those of you who balled in these and have cracked the shank plate, has it affected performance at all? I have a pair on the way from eBay and am planning to use them for in door balling purposes.

Last edited:
Cracked the shank plate?  Damn.  I've heard of the heel clips cracking, but not the shank plate.

I can't imagine that would be good, but even if it didn't crack, that insole bottoming out is definitely going to affect the performance.  I wouldn't get a pair of 8's or 9's unless I had spare Nike/Jordan compatible insoles to use.  My 8's are still going strong in terms of the outsole and upper, but I've long since moved on from the original insole which quickly became useless.

All shoes with original box and are in great condition. Guy is trying to sell for $300 for all 4. Is that a good deal?

Guess depends what size and what great condition is. Usually I check for the bottoms and the back heels of the shoes. If they are legit (can't tell from those pics) and the traction is still ball-able, it seems like a pretty good deal for < $100 each.

- Purple gradient

- Easters

- Allstars

Can all go for above $100 (sz 10-11) again depending on the condition. I would check the bottoms before making the conclusion.

Guess depends what size and what great condition is. Usually I check for the bottoms and the back heels of the shoes. If they are legit (can't tell from those pics) and the traction is still ball-able, it seems like a pretty good deal for

Back
Top Bottom