*OFFICIAL* NIKE LEBRON 15

LeBron's logo honestly couldn't carry a shoe. It's not that iconic or that creative, but it works for a tongue or heel logo. Not only that, but with games being shown in HD, Nike's swoosh logo really sticks out on LeBron's feet during games. The part I find really weird is how many PE's LeBron and other athletes wear during games that few, if anyone, will ever be able to buy.
I feel it. I don't think his logo, or even Kobe's for that matter, are that iconic. Their icons can't hold a candle to the Jumpman. But just always figured Nike would lean more on the design of the kicks without leaning on the swoosh so much. On Jordan's, there's only like a logo on the tongue, or on the heel, or on the collar near the heel. Seeing as they tout those two as the flagship players, just always imagined they'd scale back on prominent logos, and create designs that could do without.

And? Nike tryna get they money. And if it performs well while looking good then great
I said Nike needs to stop making their basketball shoes look "high fashion." You said Kanye's shoes are "high fashion." Kanye doesn't make basketball shoes, therefore you can't compare the two. Lol what's so hard to understand about that?

I said Nike needs to stop making their basketball shoes look "high fashion." You said Kanye's shoes are "high fashion." Kanye doesn't make basketball shoes, therefore you can't compare the two. Lol what's so hard to understand about that?

Ok and I'm saying Nike wants to make money. People want "High Fashion" they gon do it

Ok and I'm saying Nike wants to make money. People want "High Fashion" they gon do it
Nike can put them in as many fashion shows as they want, bottom line is the price will still drive people away. This isn't 2012. The general population doesnt want to pay $185 for a bball shoe anymore. The Kyries have been the best selling sig because they're the lowest $

I'm probably stuck in the past so most of what I like derives from tried and true fashion, but I can't put it on price point when people have no problem spending $180 or $220 on Ultraboosts/Yeezy releases.

I feel it. I don't think his logo, or even Kobe's for that matter, are that iconic. Their icons can't hold a candle to the Jumpman. But just always figured Nike would lean more on the design of the kicks without leaning on the swoosh so much. On Jordan's, there's only like a logo on the tongue, or on the heel, or on the collar near the heel. Seeing as they tout those two as the flagship players, just always imagined they'd scale back on prominent logos, and create designs that could do without.

When was the last, well-received/successful non-JB, Nike shoe that didn't have the logo prominently displayed? Huraches come to mind but I honestly can't think of many others as Nike is too reliant on their logo to push their designs. It's both helped and hurt their designs, IMO.

People follow trends. Bball shoes aren't the trend anymore. Plus Kanye is one of the biggest influencers out there and you can't deny that. Plus to be fair runners are much easier to wear casually than basketball shoes

People follow trends. Bball shoes aren't the trend anymore. Plus Kanye is one of the biggest influencers out there and you can't deny that. Plus to be fair runners are much easier to wear casually than basketball shoes

When were performance basketball shoes the trend though? There have been a few hyped releases here and there (SB LeBrons, Grinch Kobes, Nerf KDs, etc.) but all in all, I honestly can't remember performance basketball shoes ever having anywhere near as much attention as retros.

giphy.gif

This isn't the Lebron 15 Appreciation Thread. People are allowed to criticize. It's not trolling. We're actually having discussion

But he keeps arguing the same points. Who cares? Not happy, don't buy. Simple as that.

I've grown to kinda like the look of the 15s but I'm still wondering HOW STRETCHY THAT ANKLE COLLAR IS. There needs to be a video to show this lmao...

When were performance basketball shoes the trend though? There have been a few hyped releases here and there (SB LeBrons, Grinch Kobes, Nerf KDs, etc.) but all in all, I honestly can't remember performance basketball shoes ever having anywhere near as much attention as retros.
Basketball kicks controlled the market from the beginning (early to mid 80s)...even before the Jordan 1. It's domination of the market started to fade with the rise of casual kicks shortly after the south beach 8 lbj. Other models like the high top flyknit kobe wee received very well.

The kanye influence was a big catalyst in changing that.

So were the mistakes Nike was making:
1. Deciding that they would only focus on performance and be as cocky to think that whatever ugly shoe they threw out would be snapped up by the buying public

2. Their ridiculous price points and crappy materials.

3. Their total disregard for the urban casual sneaker wearer. Nike is always about a year late on everything.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom