*OFFICIAL* NIKE LEBRON 16

oh did you now?
giphy.gif
tenor.gif

What position and style of ball you play :nerd:

positionless basketball.... hes a young giannis

At "292" he's both the Center and Point Guard....

at the same time.

Of course you haven't if you don't go into the 15s thread. I'm not the only one with a popped bag

I've been in the 15 thread. You're a rarity if your air bags decided that they've had enough. Popped bag on the KD 9's were a thing, not on the 15's.

Your math is correct 8)

292lbs !!!!!!

Them joints did not pop they deflated.

:rofl:

LeBron signs off on this trash?

Doubt he has that much influence on the design anymore. Nike design language and manufacturing practices are what they are presently so he essentially has to go with what's made for him.

Based on some of the issues he's had with some of the signatures in his line you wonder if he even wear tests some of the joints.

dont play about wrestling

remember the time we were play wrestling in my front yard and i put the figure 4 leg lock on you?

you started crying saying i broke your leg?

then i asked if you wanted me to call for an ambulance and you said no just let me cry?

you cried in the grass for about an hour man

:rofl:

I wish you would have thrown him in the Sharpshooter and had him locked in and crying until his momma picked him up.

I read somewhere that those are the lows.

If they are not, how would a low top.of that look lol

It's kinda like how they don't make low kds because of how they already are.

I read somewhere that those are the lows.

If they are not, how would a low top.of that look lol

It's kinda like how they don't make low kds because of how they already are.

sometimes i wish they'd just make mid top KDs at the time they're making lows for everybody

The widespread adoption of knit across various brands and those brands' shoes has, to me, gotten to the point that everything essentially looks the same now. It makes me uninterested in most modern releases right now. I liked it when the Kobes were the only bball shoes to feature knit, it made it feel like it was a Kobe-specific trait. Now there's knit LeBrons, knit KDs, knit everything else ... yawn. I think my enjoyment of the black toe 13 retro these past few weeks has been amplified because it's actually a shoe with leather and suede and contrast ... it actually looks like something unique rather than just another generic sneaker made from yarn that you could take the logos off of and people could guess it was made by one of any number of shoe companies right now. If I was into LeBrons and I owned the 15s, why in the world would I need to buy these things? Just a different version of the same damn thing over and over. It's gotten boring, in my opinion.

The widespread adoption of knit across various brands and those brands' shoes has, to me, gotten to the point that everything essentially looks the same now. It makes me uninterested in most modern releases right now. I liked it when the Kobes were the only bball shoes to feature knit, it made it feel like it was a Kobe-specific trait. Now there's knit LeBrons, knit KDs, knit everything else ... yawn. I think my enjoyment of the black toe 13 retro these past few weeks has been amplified because it's actually a shoe with leather and suede and contrast ... it actually looks like something unique rather than just another generic sneaker made from yarn that you could take the logos off of and people could guess it was made by one of any number of shoe companies right now. If I was into LeBrons and I owned the 15s, why in the world would I need to buy these things? Just a different version of the same damn thing over and over. It's gotten boring, in my opinion.
All of this. Flyknit is one of the worst things to happen to Nike basketball

All of this. Flyknit is one of the worst things to happen to Nike basketball

I agree. It has its place and it was cool when it was new and different. But like anything, it's now been run into the ground so many times that I've swung the other way. The fact that it's made so many shoes look alike is the worst thing about it. The concerning thing is, they've sort of painted themselves into a corner with the messaging that it's so much better in every regard than traditional materials. So how do you backtrack from that even if you want to? You certainly can't say, well, here's a shoe made in the way we kept telling you was worse, but actually now it's better. Greaaaaaaat.

Last edited:
And now we have translucent everything on the way..

That one just makes me laugh. People paying stupid resale amounts for those React Element 87s. They remind me of years ago when fake makers produced those clear plastic AF1s. But the difference between that and flyknit is, translucent shoes are almost certainly just going to be a short-term trend. Flyknit is positioned as a performance technology, and with the massive investment Nike and others have made in knit manufacturing and production, I don't see it going anywhere, at least not anytime soon.

Yall are just being nostalgic. Flyknit feels good as **** on my feet. I love it. Nike, Adidas, Puma...I've never had a complaint. And no, the knit sneaks don't all look the same. IDK what you're looking at. Lazy designing is different from it all looking the same and there is a bit of lazy designing going on with some releases.

Yall are just being nostalgic. Flyknit feels good as **** on my feet. I love it. Nike, Adidas, Puma...I've never had a complaint. And no, the knit sneaks don't all look the same. IDK what you're looking at. Lazy designing is different from it all looking the same and there is a bit of lazy designing going on with some releases.

You're entitled to your opinion. My opinion is that a TON of new knit shoes do look the same, and there's no denying that fact. No one literally meant EVERY knit shoe looks the same. Likewise to your other point, no one said they aren't comfortable. I'm not being nostalgic whatsoever, I'm saying that yes in fact I would like some variety in the way shoes LOOK. And feel to the touch. And the textures of various materials. That's a huge part of the appeal, not just comfort. If you don't think a lot of Nike's current sig shoes look very similar, carry on with that because our eyes are entirely different, then.

People over exaggerate the non-comfort of anything that's not flyknit.

Agreed with you and the problem is that these cats been exposed to some low quality, garbage retros with stiff AF plastic 'leather' and cardboard inserts for cushioning. A full grain leather shoe with a proper sockliner and actual AIR cushioning in the vein of the OGs would virtually be on par if not better than the Flyknit joints that everyone raves about.

i love flyknit

my dream ball shoe would have a split grain leather upper neoprene bootie and a fly knit toe box with a protective toe cap

make the midsole with a vapormax air unit with a herinbone traction pattern rubber outsole

The worst thing to ever happen to Nike basketball is them doing these sock shoes and those are facts one piece uppers that use no quality material has killed the wearing off court aspect of the sneaker community and honestly I feel thats why the Lebron line after the lebron 11 has been brutal and the kd after the 8 trash, only the kobe line and Kyrie line have saved Nike basketball cause they actually still use an actual tongue well till I saw this disastrous new kobe model the ad exodus man they just killed the Kobe line with that sock lol

I see what you’re saying but imo to the average person all flyknit shoes look the same. Obviously some of us are able to distinguish the models because we are familiar with them but they usually still have a very similar design.

Not to mention multicolor everything

Back
Top Bottom