*OFFICIAL* NIKE LEBRON 16

Flyknit basketball shoes are stupid because they end up throwing something under it to defeat the purpose. The flyknit is just on top of plastic anyway.

I remember people were so amazed at the Kobe 9 Flyknits, and it was fuse with knit glued on top. :rofl:

I hear people crying about wanting "True" Flyknit. Do they really want a "True" 100% Flyknit basketball shoe?

nike-flyknit-air-max-b09e-b202193cd082ced017cd78f4-600.jpg

It's too soft and the foot would move around too much. It has to be reinforced.

I hear people crying about wanting "True" Flyknit. Do they really want a "True" 100% Flyknit basketball shoe?

Exactly. You’re wearing plastic shoes with knit on top for looks. People out here fooled. A true flyknit shoe is more like the Nike free or epic flyknit.

Flyknit doesn’t leave much room for shaping a silhouette, which is why most of the shoes look alike, theres not much structure to work with without compromising the intended purpose

Exactly. You’re wearing plastic shoes with knit on top for looks. People out here fooled. A true flyknit shoe is more like the Nike free or epic flyknit.

There has to be a significant enough cost saving for Nike to be running the Flyknit on top of some synthetic support.

Flyknit doesn’t leave much room for shaping a silhouette, which is why most of the shoes look alike, theres not much structure to work with without compromising the intended purpose

Looking beyond the overall silhouette - seamless, one piece shoes just don't allow for design creativity. If you look back to the 80s, 90s and early 00s - the leather/nubuck based shoes allowed for overlays and panels.

yall bugging, i loving not having a separate tounge, finally it's not drifting to the sides or bunching up when i put them on

Looking beyond the overall silhouette - seamless, one piece shoes just don't allow for design creativity. If you look back to the 80s, 90s and early 00s - the leather/nubuck based shoes allowed for overlays and panels.

Exactly.

and a true flyknit basketball shoe would last about 1 quarter. I cant even imagine what kind of disaster it would be if i balled in my lunarepics. lol

true flyknit shoes are only good until the second you fray that toe cap. After that theyre a step closer to a dumpster toss with each wear.

redrum3281 redrum3281 my bro you know they got that tab on the shoe tongue for a reason? :lol:

IdealIlliterateFoxhound-size_restricted.gif

minus the Air Jordan 6 which had the holes in the tongue, 1-5, 7-32 no tab, though i'm aware that some of those models are single booty construction. Lebron 1-9, 11-13 don't have tongue tabs again 12 and 13 were no tongue. Kobe 1-11 no tongue tab heck only the KB8 had a tongue tab, heck do shoes even have tongue tabs? i could go on and on Kyrie shoes. I think Penny is the only one who had tabs on most of his models

IdealIlliterateFoxhound-size_restricted.gif

minus the Air Jordan 6 which had the holes in the tongue, 1-5, 7-32 no tab, though i'm aware that some of those models are single booty construction. Lebron 1-9, 11-13 don't have tongue tabs again 12 and 13 were no tongue. Kobe 1-11 no tongue tab heck only the KB8 had a tongue tab, heck do shoes even have tongue tabs? i could go on and on Kyrie shoes. I think Penny is the only one who had tabs on most of his models

Fair enough my bro, although some of these models might've had elastic supports at the sides to keep them from shifting. I personally never had a problem with anything from the '00s and up.

I think AF1s and Dunks were notorious for shifting if you didn't run your laces through the tabs.

^^^
I get the versatility of a Black/Red colourway but how're they not dropping a Laker colourway early in to the season?

Price been announced yet? And is Sept. 20 earlier than usual? Lately, but not including the 14 isnt it always around opening night?

^^^
I get the versatility of a Black/Red colourway but how're they not dropping a Laker colourway early in to the season?

Go read all the complaining in the KD IX and X threads about lack of GSW colorways. Nike has not seemed to care about quickly releasing team inspired colorways...

black and red was already in production

Go read all the complaining in the KD IX and X threads about lack of GSW colorways. Nike has not seemed to care about quickly releasing team inspired colorways...

I hear you guys. Thought Nike would've gone the extra mile with their marquee athlete on the Lakers but I digress. They seem to not be giving much of a damn these days on multiple fronts.

September is super early...almost reminiscent of when most of the marque signature shoes used to at least debut before the regular season. But after the Lebron 11, 12, 13 fiascos it seemed like we always had to wait longer and longer even almost mid season one year. (Was that the skid mark year? :rofl:)

Great to see some normalcy with an earlier release date...however the design, if what’s been seen is true, leaves a lot to be desired.

I was hoping they would drop a Lakers cw first. We've seen enough of the black and red pairs, bring on the purple and gold!

Back
Top Bottom