**OFFICIAL NIKE TECH FLEECE/TECH KNIT THREAD** - SEE FAQ on First Page

drisk34 drisk34 What bradleysupreme bradleysupreme mentioned is correct. However, I'm still trying to get an understanding between nylon and polyamide and whether or not they're essentially the same thing. Anyone is welcome to comment on that.

jerkstore jerkstore I'm gonna find out today. I received the NikeLab one in yesterday evening. Here are a few pictures I took this morning... sorry for the quality since it's foggy as hell in the city as of late. The only thing I can GUESS for now is that the looks can't necessarily show the difference, but from the online pictures, it seems like the Sportswear version [with nylon] is vulnerable to wrinkles whereas the polyamide material doesn't seem to wrinkle as much. The NikeLab ones should be the official Olympic jacket being worn on the podium.

View media item 2122976View media item 2122977View media item 2122978

I'm actually not a fan of the shinyness. Doesn't look like that at all from the pics online.

Yeah $450 is the podium version and the $300 is basically the replica

That's exactly my thought, to be quite honest! Similar to the USA Basketball jerseys and all other replica/authentic-made products.

maybe nyc757 nyc757 could elaborate?

that thing looks really nice in those pictures.

That'd be great if we can get some info about that!

I'll post up some more pictures for you guys in some good lighting [hopefully] when I get the chance

Last edited:
Oh, I should mention the fit of the jacket. It's fitted in the body/torso area, but the arms are interestingly loose... being the official medal stand version, I can probably guess why it's done that way.

Last edited:
What r the odds the USA TF Windrunner gets a markdown? Like at any point in time.
In 2012 most if not all USO gear hit outlets. It really depends on how much they made but keep an eye out a few weeks after Olympics is over. 
maybe @NYC757 could elaborate?

that thing looks really nice in those pictures.
Id get the $300 one, the material difference is subtle and not worth 150 but I guess its like buying a authentic sports jersey vs the cheaper ones that are just screen printed. 

Synthetic Polyamide is like a softer version of Nylon, which I assume is what they used but without buying one and destroying it thats just my assumption. 

What r the odds the USA TF Windrunner gets a markdown? Like at any point in time.

You could also try buying one and seeing if it comes with the $130 price tag on it. I got one like that, called up Nike, and had the price adjusted. I ended up using a 20% coupon on it also, so I ended up getting it for around $100.

that makes some sense. if i do decide to go with one, it will probably be the $300 one but only on discount

Oh, I should mention the fit of the jacket. It's fitted in the body/torso area, but the arms are interestingly loose... being the official medal stand version, I can probably guess why it's done that way.
Interesting, the cheaper ver looks to be more fitted in the arms. 

Im hoping the hoodie fitted.
The $300 doesn't appear to have the writing on the inside of the jacket either.
I noticed that too ( if your talking bout the label) , the collar is different as well. Im sure there a few more things that make each unique but not 150 unique tho 
laugh.gif

Interesting, the cheaper ver looks to be more fitted in the arms. 

Im hoping the hoodie fitted.

I noticed that too ( if your talking bout the label) , the collar is different as well. Im sure there a few more things that make each unique but not 150 unique tho :lol:  

Yeah, I noticed the same thing, and I was told that the Sportswear [replica] version is more fitted than the NikeLab version. Man, talk about first world problems here... :lol:

Philadelphia Premium Outlets Limerick PA

Tech Knit
Crews in black, gray, blue ... I think $120
Shorts in Royal and red $105
Hoodies in Royal and gray $120

Wanted to try some shorts but I want more discount than that

I wish they made the medal stand pants available.  They did the same thing in 2012 with the Bowerman Tech Pant. 

You could also try buying one and seeing if it comes with the $130 price tag on it. I got one like that, called up Nike, and had the price adjusted. I ended up using a 20% coupon on it also, so I ended up getting it for around $100.
I ordered after the restock on July 26th. It still had the 130 price tag. Needless to say, I got the price adjustment to 130. 

It's worth a shot if you're looking for the hoodie. There are free returns anyway.

After having a chance to check out the NSW version, here are the differences... Well, on top of what nyc757 nyc757 said, the other few differences are that the NikeLab version has an iridescent shine to it like the picture I posted, and the "Games of the XXXI Olympiad" patch inside. The materials feel basically identical.

In terms of fit, the $300 NSW version is more fitted overall than the NikeLab version, including the arms. It's just all personal preference at the end of the day.

Hope all this info helps out everyone!

Last edited:
... scored a blue TK WR in L on ebay, new w/tags for 80euro.. what a fine garment, material is so nice to wear, colour is beautiful, fit is fine - except it is much too long, for my liking at least.. kind of frustrating, will have to let it go :/

wondering if an M will fit me better.. thing is shoulders and sleeves on the L are just right, its only the length that bothers me. chances are that an M will be fine lengthwise, but too snug overall and too short on the sleeves..

Back
Top Bottom