Official Nike Trainer SC Total Orange (Bo Jackson's - OG Colorway)

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by NobleKane

yea.... plus u have to take into account shoes made back in the day the technology is way inferior to todays nike shoes.

both pairs of my air trainer max 91 retros, which came out after the sc originally, retailed at $90 each....and this shoe is 105?
I can type for days on this but to get to my point. Back in '05, i bought three new models of nike trainers. all featured different price points but they all had great quality leathers. maybe I was spoiled early on to expect this sort of thing. I mean, a $80 dollar shoe with real suedes and leathers? get out of here.. Maybe Nike set themselves up for failure.

Just last summer Nike decides to retro one of these shoes and lower the price point, from $110 to $80. With this came material quality changes and construction changes. You saw the real degradation from each model and you accepted it knowing the differences.

i guess its not apples to apples here when you apply this to other models out there. let's just say, im glad NIKE is being called out here. It doesn't make sense what is happening here. A new model can come out at $110, get retroed at $80, yet here we are still fighting with a $105 price point featuring materials worse than shoes that retailed for $80?

Nike, you disappoint me.

btw there are some photos of the beets and raiders on ebay right now.. quality looks like these.. easy pass
Same thing I said about the Jordan VII's
OG - $125
Retro in 2004 - $135
CDP for two pair - $310/$155 each

For cheaper quality

Nike, you disappoint me. (Wally)

On this release yes, on recent retros in general...NO

I think we've gotten some great releases as well so you have to take the good with the bad to a certain extent (IMO)

Only recent releases that have been disturbing were these and the air tech challenges, but the penny/pippen/CB lines/foams/flights have been quite on point

http://www.finishline.com...800?productId=prod645731

Not hard at all to get now

Combine with Finishline discount

All you dudes buying multiple pair, I hope you weren't buying for resell
happy.gif

magic1978, thats great news. with that said, this is likely the most widespread og colorway bo jackson/cross trainer in atleast a decade. I like where this isheading.. at1 chlorophylls anyone? 02,08, and 09 were all limited.. 00 and 03 saw a limited med. ball, with 09 coming true to form with a decent distrubution.

the question is, will these sit for weeks or months? even with a discounted price at FNL, can it be had for cheaper? $105, i mind spending. but $50-60 a pair,i'll buy dozens.

Anyone seen any sites with the blk/grey colorway available yet? Got my 3 pairs of orange/blue and ready for the blk/grey. I plan on beating those up all winterlong.

no sites yet, but I would google and keep an eye out.

nike style code: 302346-005.

the eastbay method may work if you know what i mean

Finish Line has shipments in (in the MD area) so they should be the same at most FinishLines...

Edit: Online only...

And I got word this weekend that the Beets should be out within the next week or two...
pimp.gif

Hopefully, this is true...

Originally Posted by allthingsjordan

If they were to produce these shoes with the same quality materials they did back then, the shoes would never be able to be at the same price point as they were over 15 years ago...so it comes down to what do you want...same quality now that was used back then and higher prices now...or the same nostalgic look for the same price as when they first were released...I mean if they were to produce these the way they produce their performance product today the minimum would probably be $160...and lets face it not too many people are buying these for any other reason but nostalgia anyway.
laugh.gif
Your very wrong, the cost of these materials is not whatyou think, its really not that serious. It comes down to manufacturing and quality control.

for those wanting somewhat of a discount on a ONE PAIR finishline purchase:

-Add your one size to the cart and check out
-Free SHIPPING IS AUTOMATICALLY APPLIED FOR YOU
-Go through the stages to the Billing area. Enter SUMMER1590 in the coupons & certificates area.
-Tax is included with FNL.com purchases.

Depending on your state, you may be looking at $~5 dollars tax being applied to a $90 dollar price.

You're likely going to pay around $96 shipped for a pair of these.

BEST DEAL OUT THERE RIGHT NOW. Ebay is still around $105 to $115 plus shipping.. even with free shipping, FNL.com is where your deal lies

well I finally got my two size 12's they came in with better quality than my two 11.5's that wen't back but not by much, wish nike would just makemore of an effort to step up the production quality on their retro's seriously, does every shoe have to be so narrow? I remember buying the firstretro's back in april of 98, tried my 11.5 on fit perfect, talked them down a little and that was that, now my 11.5's are too narrow and my size12's slightly too long, it shouldn't be that way. Anyhow they look great, I actually think if i can get my hands on one more pair thats not crumbled upin the toe area, ill scoop a third pair.

Uk/Ireland heads.

There are available at Size?

..maybe mentioned already, but i'm wading through this thread to find out.

-Go through the stages to the Billing area. Enter SUMMER1590 in the coupons & certificates area.

Depending on your state, you may be looking at $~5 dollars tax being applied to a $90 dollar price.

BEST DEAL OUT THERE RIGHT NOW. Ebay is still around $105 to $115 plus shipping.. even with free shipping, FNL.com is where your deal lies

Well, I realized I didnt need two pairs because of my dissapointment of the quality. So I put the second pair on ebay, and it ended at 71 dollars. I thinkthis dude got the best deal on this shoe so far. From me.
mad.gif
I figured Iwould at least get my 86 bucks back. But oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Originally Posted by trethousandgt

well I finally got my two size 12's they came in with better quality than my two 11.5's that wen't back but not by much, wish nike would just make more of an effort to step up the production quality on their retro's seriously, does every shoe have to be so narrow? I remember buying the first retro's back in april of 98, tried my 11.5 on fit perfect, talked them down a little and that was that, now my 11.5's are too narrow and my size 12's slightly too long, it shouldn't be that way. Anyhow they look great, I actually think if i can get my hands on one more pair thats not crumbled up in the toe area, ill scoop a third pair.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

These are on Pickyourshoes now. They'll probably be up there a minute, considering they are more than retail.

El Bro wrote:

Well, I realized I didnt need two pairs because of my dissapointment of the quality. So I put the second pair on ebay, and it ended at 71 dollars. I think this dude got the best deal on this shoe so far. From me.
mad.gif
I figured I would at least get my 86 bucks back. But oh well, you win some, you lose some.
Sorry for laughing, but
roll.gif

Originally Posted by allthingsjordan

If they were to produce these shoes with the same quality materials they did back then, the shoes would never be able to be at the same price point as they
were over 15 years ago...so it comes down to what do you want...same quality now that was used back then and higher prices now...or the same nostalgic look for
the same price as when they first were released...I mean if they were to produce these the way they produce their performance product today the minimum would
probably be $160...and lets face it not too many people are buying these for any other reason but nostalgia anyway.

if i am not mistaken, the OGs retailed for $89.99 and the '98 retros were $99.99

Back
Top Bottom