OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
OG Oreo (101) is back in a few months as well as next year also, you're [emoji]128077[/emoji]

Now, we know that those are the 012s. I wonder what MC2's color code is...

One more... any Lunaracer soled FKs dropping this year or next? :nerd:

Last edited:
Haven't heard anything unfortunately Illy. The main focus appears to be on what's new for the Olympics. Several product lines are literally treading water the next 12 months with minimal design changes in lieu of bold new innovation showcased in Rio. The type of new tech I'm not privy to (& def wouldn't mention even if I did).

I will say this upcoming 12-18 month stretch for Racers is gonna be on point. Add the wider brick and mortar distribution and you'll see an interesting direction this line is headed in. There's a huge amount of potential with the Racer silhouette that I know can be harnessed if the line has proper guidance, but we shall see

Last edited:
Interesting! I'm thinking it could be a new cushioning system to rival adi's Boost.

I love that the Racers have a wider distribution!

Last edited:
Haven't heard anything unfortunately Illy. The main focus appears to be on what's new for the Olympics. Several product lines are literally treading water the next 12 months with minimal design changes in lieu of bold new innovation showcased in Rio. The type of new tech I'm not privy to (& def wouldn't mention even if I did).

I will say this upcoming 12-18 month stretch for Racers is gonna be on point. Add the wider brick and mortar distribution and you'll see an interesting direction this line is headed in. There's a huge amount of potential with the Racer silhouette that I know can be harnessed if the line has proper guidance, but we shall see
thanks for the info!  "insert im ready gif"

[ATTACHMENT=8794]image.jpg (121k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]
I personally think of them as Un-Oreos, they're essentially a palette swap. They're legit, coming sooner rather than later. 012

I personally like these more than the original oreos. Thanks for the info and quick question, are those turquoise blue or lagoon blue with the volt midsole racers coming out this year in the spring or summer?

anyone remembers the first few pics that were floating around before the oreo volts were released...? the colour of the weave looks the same :nerd:

I remember these were rumored for this year's January release, but I guess it wasn't. I liked these over the oreo volts that release last year.

Lol well, Franklin Wong just posted his post on a flyknit selling group... This guy needs a real job.

Just when I thought I was beginning to turn away from racers. The next year is going to break the bank.

And I love my ores but that pic posted looks nastyyy

As with most fabrics, bleach would most likely ruin the flyknit colors. So in theory, could clothing dyes turn the flyknit different colors?
I bookmarked a post on this thread regarding how to paint on flyknit material. The guy even had before and after pics. I have yet to do this on a pair of mine but i will definitely in the future on my "squadron blue/pink" trainers.

Here's the post down below. Hope it helps.
Finally got the pics of the finished product of my Electric Green Trainers. (Click to enlarge.)

Before:

1st Coat:

2nd Coat:

3rd Coat:

Heat-Setting:

Finished Product:

Products used:
Angelus Black Acrylic Leather Paint
Golden Mediums GAC-900 (dilutes/makes the paint adhere to the fabric better)
Flat tipped paintbrush for the bulk of the tongue, fine-tipped paintbrush for around the tab and logo on the tongue.

Process:
1. Mixed half paint, half GAC 900 and applied a THIN coat to the tongue. I eyeballed the mixture, didn't use any measuring instruments. I thought since the GAC was white that it would sort of make the paint a grey-ish color but that wasn't the case.
2. Allowed each coat to dry for 60-90 minutes before applying the next one. It took 4 coats total to get the tongue a nice, dark black.
3. After letting the paint dry completely for around 48 hours, I heat-set it. What heat-setting does is heat up the paint so that it penetrates further into the fabric and sort of locks in the color. The actual process of heat-setting was really simple:
a. Turn on your iron to medium heat. For me, this was the "Silk" setting. I originally had it set to "Synthetic" but it barely heated up.
b. Pop out the tongue, put it paint-side down on the ironing board.
c. Put a layer of 2 paper towels in between the iron and the tongue.
d. Leave the iron on the tongue for 8 minutes. Every minute or so I lifted the iron off of the tongue for like 15 seconds to sort of cool it off and prevent it from burning.
e. Keep the tongue popped out until it's fully cooled.
4. That's it. Very simple from start to finish.

I'm VERY pleased with how they turned out. The entire process took me around 6-8 hours to complete, with most of the time just dedicated to waiting for the previous coat of paint to dry before applying the next. It was a really easy project. Prior to this I'd never painted anything in my life besides in elementary school
laugh.gif

I did get a bit of paint on the little tab on the left shoe, but it's not really noticeable. I tried removing it with acetone and rubbing alcohol with no luck. I was gonna paint the Swoosh black, but since there's little room for error on that part of the shoe and you can't remove the paint if you make a mistake I think I'm gonna hold off on that for now.

Only thing left to do now is wear em and see how the color holds up. Hope you guys enjoyed the pics/process.
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom