OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
I feel that Nike is too scared to do that. The multicolors are their last hope and yeezys would still be favored over mc2. Its like if I had a pair of aces but there is a 90% chance someone has a flush or a straight. I wouldn't have risked it either if I was in charge of Nikes releases.

What? Nike scared? MC's are their last hope?

Huh? I think poor little Nike will be ok.

Last edited:
I feel that Nike is too scared to do that. The multicolors are their last hope and yeezys would still be favored over mc2. Its like if I had a pair of aces but there is a 90% chance someone has a flush or a straight. I wouldn't have risked it either if I was in charge of Nikes releases.
Last hope at what do you know how much Nike stock is worth and how much of the market they own. 

Nike isn't scared of anything... They're the top seller of athletic based shoes, and I think Jordan brand is #2.
Interestingly enough, did you guys know that Skechers is #2 brand share position in the US in 2015?  Surpassed Adidas and New Balance.

Nike's revenue for 2014 was $30 billion based off of footwear, apparel and accessories

Skechers revenue for 2014 was $2.4 billion based only off of footwear

Nike scared

Man, Ye is so powerful. Got these new kids thinking Nike is in the slums.

Not bad logic but if Nike wanted to overshadow the Boost release there were many other models that wouldve had a bigger result than a " Oreo" Racer, its a nice shoe but MC Racer  wouldve been the correct shoe to release if that was their goal. 

A lot of people into shoes have a "mirage effect" and try to connect random events to others. 

Again nice speculation on production your not far off 
wink.gif

I didn't really mean to say the Oreo's would overshadow the Yeezy boosts at all.   Honestly I'm sitting here wondering why people are so hyped about the recent colors because most of them are disappointing.  I have been spoiled by the RRS days when you can order online, AND get it shipped for UNDER RETAIL.  Thank you NT for ruining that 
mad.gif

My whole rant about production dates and production numbers was to try to make the "panicked NTers" to understand they are being played by Nike so don't jump the gun and buy buy buy when there's more to be had at RETAIL.  Nike eats by controlling inventory.  IF they released ALLLLLLLL the pairs of Oreo's for example, it will not sell out.  If it doesn't sell out on the site, people will think it's not popular.  If its not considered popular, then pairs will sit until they have to go on clearance or to outlets and then margins diminish.  Whereas if they only release X amount and "sell out" then the next time it "restocks" people will get anxious and buy buy buy.  

This happened with the Nike Flyknit Trainers in White, and also the Black color.  They were not popular during release and SAT for a long time.  They only gained attention when Kanye was seen in them, but by that time they were getting sold out but on CLEARANCE!  I got over 10 pairs of White Trainers and Black Trainers on clearance off NDC + 20% off.  Be smart is all I'm saying. 
MC's aren't their last hope, but they are riding the hype and capitalizing on it.  They're a business for crying out loud, I'd do the same.  For a good while, ANYTHING MC would sell out.  Now it's getting saturated and you can see that not all models of MC Flyknits have been as successful as the MC Racers.  ie FK Max MC or FK Free MC did not do half as well as the Racers or Trainers
Just about all recent racer releases have been a wide release through multiple stores, many cases (with the more popular colorways), more than one restock... I'd assume nothing different will be with the MCs... Please people, just be patient.

The more hyped, and higher resell, means that the harder it will be to get on the multiple restocks. Most of yall aren't going to put em straight on feet anyway...

PATIENCE.
I completely agree with you.  They will hold inventory and release in increments to maintain consumer interest (and to be optimistic, they are doing this also as a tactic to combat rape reseller prices).

Last edited:
^ Wow. Sole swap is the only thing that could possibly save those. But then again, if they've been worn that much, the uppers probably smell like garbage can sludge.

I should sell my dirty drawers and claim Yeezy wears that brand and charge $400.

Why did my post get deleted? I guess someone on here is the one selling them..

Last edited:
Its all good homie. I actually repped your post and agreed with some of the production examples you gave and yes restocks are planned just as shoes are well thought out at least 6 months ahead of launch dates. 

Honestly people are going to believe what requires less thinking so to try and convince someone to think logically about consumable products is hard and if you figure it out PM me when your company goes public
tongue.gif

Not to be a Debbie Downer but I think MC will only be on NDC and/or NTwns. Im not 100% but what I suspect, on the flip side the stock will more than likely be the same as the other cws from this season. 

What? Nike scared? MC's are their last hope?

Huh? I think poor little Nike will be ok.
Guess I worded it wrong. Didn't mean last hope for the COMPANY, meant more as a hyped runner. No other runner I can think of right now is more hyped than Adidas now that boost technology is out. 
Nike scared

Man, Ye is so powerful. Got these new kids thinking Nike is in the slums.
Who said Nike is in the slums? Going to be honest, I tried for the boosts because of the hype but it doesnt make me feel any different about Nike products. Nike still and always will be the G.O.A.T.

Last hope at what do you know how much Nike stock is worth and how much of the market they own. 
Like stated above, didn't mean last hope for the whole company, more of a last hope of releasing a hyped runner. Nike still and always will be the G.O.A.T.

Nike isn't scared of anything... They're the top seller of athletic based shoes, and I think Jordan brand is #2.

Interestingly enough, did you guys know that Skechers is #2 brand share position in the US in 2015?  Surpassed Adidas and New Balance.

Nike's revenue for 2014 was $30 billion based off of footwear, apparel and accessories
Skechers revenue for 2014 was $2.4 billion based only off of footwear

Pretty crazy when you put it in perspective. Nike + JB controls about 60% of the market, while Addidas falls behind around 4%. IMO safe to say they aren't "scared" of their competition, or lack thereof.

Like stated above, didn't mean last hope for the whole company, more of a last hope of releasing a hyped runner. Nike still and always will be the G.O.A.T.

Gotcha.

With the olympics around the corner Im pretty sure there will be another " hyped" runner if not sooner.

While intriguing, jurys still out on Adi boost technology. Im curious how the material holds up over time. Yes its popular but popular doesn't always mean better.

Honestly growing up in a era where there were a lot of brands its a good thing companies are making Nike work.

Reminds me of car industry with imports vs domestics, competition is always good for the consumer.

Gotcha.

With the olympics around the corner Im pretty sure there will be another " hyped" runner if not sooner.

While intriguing, jurys still out on Adi boost technology. Im curious how the material holds up over time. Yes its popular but popular doesn't always mean better.

Honestly growing up in a era where there were a lot of brands its a good thing companies are making Nike work.

Reminds me of car industry with imports vs domestics, competition is always good for the consumer.
Olympics will probably only be hyped in the flyknit community versus the multicolors are drawing attention from all sneakerheads (just my opinion). And I heard from multiple people that have been wearing their Ultra Boosts daily that the material holds up over time and is still as comfortable as the first wear. And yes, they claim its a lot more comfortable than racers.

And I wholeheartedly agree with you about competition. I feel as if Nike hasnt really been trying as hard as they could for the past few years with technology and such.

I know it is not uncommon, but how many of you guys wear your racers without socks? If so, do you guys find any more benefits to that. 

i wear them sockless when im lazy and im not gonna be out long. no real benefits imo. just buy no shows and call it a day. 

has anyone tried painting their flywire on their racers? I'm thinking of repainting blue lagoons midsole white and making the flywire black. tried looking thru midsole paint jobs and such on here but all i see are mainly photoshops.

Wear them sockless, wore my photo blues sockless on a trip to warm Mallorca and they could definitely benefit from a cycle in a pillow case in the washer. 

Back
Top Bottom