OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
I dont know how you can pass up the opportunity to do this;

18228-flyknit-racer-sole-swap.jpg
CS7ldDMVEAApG_h.jpg
CquGpqTUEAE69CM.jpg
nike-air-max-1-flyknit-customs_uaa2cl.jpg

those volts though

to each his own i guess

I’m thinking of trying to do a swap - what uppers would (or have) you guys used that turned out well? I feel like MC 2 is a safe bet, not sure what else

I’m thinking of trying to do a swap - what uppers would (or have) you guys used that turned out well? I feel like MC 2 is a safe bet, not sure what else

I’ve had a variety soleswaps done. Here’s a pic of my most recent batch...

7AA14C44-2A48-46CD-AFBC-969F52425AFC.jpeg

D5B1CC09-88AC-4DC0-ACBC-BFB95B95896D.jpeg

I even had a Cole Haan LunarGrand upper swapped onto a Lunaracer sole. You really have to look at the area where the upper meets the midsole. The Flyknit Racer is very compatible with different soles since it’s pretty straight all around.

I’ve had a variety soleswaps done. Here’s a pic of my most recent batch...

7AA14C44-2A48-46CD-AFBC-969F52425AFC.jpeg

D5B1CC09-88AC-4DC0-ACBC-BFB95B95896D.jpeg

I even had a Cole Haan LunarGrand upper swapped onto a Lunaracer sole. You really have to look at the area where the upper meets the midsole. The Flyknit Racer is very compatible with different soles since it’s pretty straight all around.

It’s funny you mention that Cole Haan swap. Nike did own them up until 2-3 years ago. Found it odd that the CH shoe names were similar to some of the soles Nike produced but then it all made sense when I found that out.

Out of curiosity, any pics of the swap?

It’s funny you mention that Cole Haan swap. Nike did own them up until 2-3 years ago. Found it odd that the CH shoe names were similar to some of the soles Nike produced but then it all made sense when I found that out.

Out of curiosity, any pics of the swap?

True. I found the original LunarGrand sole comfy compared to traditional dress shoes, but putting an LR sole on them changes the game! LOL

This is the neoprene-lined version of the Grand
88AC143D-0680-47AB-BDC0-1392682E1D5E.jpeg

eBay / outlets. The LR soles that I've stocked up on are all from the Magistas. :nthat:

I think I have like 10 left lol

If you're going the Lunar route with your swaps, the best option is the Lunaracer. I found that the LunarTempo / LunarEpic soles wear out quicker. If you want your swap to last, go with the LR.

The good people at GOVRN did all of my soleswaps. Check them out.

^ yeah, I was going to try them myself first. I’ve got a few separated, just waiting for some time to glue them. I am going to put my wife’s flyknit trainers onto a Pegasus 35, and I think her other pair onto a lunaracer.

Yeah, it’s around that price + donor + shipping.
That’s more than I expected it to be. You’re taking apart two pair of shoes, could probably buy racers from 60-90, a donor which might be close to 60 and to get it all done for 75+ Shipping. That’s about 200+ for a custom. They aren’t even performance either, they look nice but man that’s expensive in general

That’s more than I expected it to be. You’re taking apart two pair of shoes, could probably buy racers from 60-90, a donor which might be close to 60 and to get it all done for 75+ Shipping. That’s about 200+ for a custom. They aren’t even performance either, they look nice but man that’s expensive in general

It is expensive. :blush:

Not a fan of the AM1 sole on Racers. Racers are a feather light minimalist shoe so putting a big heavy sole on there is no bueno imo :lol:.

Same thoughts here, doesn't look right to me.

I like everything about the racers, no need to sole swap for me.

What do you do with the original soles being switched? Do you put them on the other model?

Back
Top Bottom