OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.1%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.0%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 51 24.3%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.3%

• Total voters

Question...

I have the above Flyknit Trainer but they're like a year and a half old.  Not beat by any means though I've worn them a lot, either way it's WAY too soon for the thin rubber sole to be peeling away in a few spots from the foam midsole (2 spots on one sneaker & 1 one the other).  I'm sure I could glue it back but
1) what would be the best glue to use?
2) would it be possible at some point to swap the sole?

I was thinking if it gets to the point where the sole needs to go and the upper is still in good enough shape, I'd want to try to find a new pair of something similar with this type of lunar sole obviously not the HTM but a cheap pair of different Nikes:

LL

If you look on the 1st page, I was the 4th post in this thread and it was specifically about those so I've obviously liked them for a long time...if it comes down to the sole needing to go on my pair, it would be an opportunity to do something similar.
I had this problem after the first wear on a pair last summer and sent them back to Nike. As far as repairing them, I would look into a product called "Shoe Goo" as I've heard it has great results. I do not think sole-swapping is possible with flyknits since the upper is woven into the sole. This can be seen when you remove the insole.
Ah, I hadn't looked beneath the insole.  I've heard of it before but 'll check out Shoe Goo, thanks.  Kinda wish they were a little more recent or I'd think about sending em back...even though I doubt I'd be able to get the same color.

My lucids are coming in later today, just wish I got into the flyknit/racer game earlier. Roshes are just doing way too much now:\

If you were up on flyknits since release, then multis were easy to come by.
Yup. I remember NDC got them. Then runningwarehouse, run.com, etc ALLLLLLL had them throughout the summer and restocked several times. RRS has a preorder didnt they?

Yup. I remember NDC got them. Then runningwarehouse, run.com, etc ALLLLLLL had them throughout the summer and restocked several times. RRS has a preorder didnt they?

Yeah they restocked quite a few times. I actually wasn't really into flyknits until I saw the MC racers the first time they came out :lol: . People could hate on that all they want, but I had never seen racers in person before that and this was the first pair where I could REALLY see the intricacies and quality of the materials just through a picture. Been in love ever since :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: .

Damn those flyknit are tempting. Gonna have to pass. Rather pay a little extra and get them sooner than later from NDC

I remember people ordering multiple pairs to mix and match for the best patterns and returning (myself included).

If you were up on flyknits since release, then multis were easy to come by.
Yup. I keep saying it...

$121 shipped through RRS for all those people that didn't just jump on the flyknit bandwagon after MC Racers became popular.

Also, a few NDC restocks came and went.

Last edited:
the price on the multis is insane now. i acutally ordered a pair in a size 12 and returned them to get an 11.5. if only i knew i wouldve kept and made that $$$.

The white/black-volt racers on nikestore right now are fuego...how long do you guys think they'll sit, don't really want to purchase them at this second due to priorities. 

The white/black-volt racers on nikestore right now are fuego...how long do you guys think they'll sit, don't really want to purchase them at this second due to priorities. 

if you miss out, call nike atlanta. i doubt theyre gonna sell out here.

Back
Top Bottom