OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
A heat gun would help you. 300°C should help. But dont go too near...

U will see the material shrink :wink:

I thought steaming was the best way to shrink the flyknits? I remember hella posts back there were cats talking bout how to steam em' & it really works.

I've only shrank the toe box, not the entire shoe. I used my garment steamer. 

Hold your steamer about an inch away from the toe box and watch until you see the fabric shrink. As soon as the fabric shrinks a bit put the shoe on and wear it around the house until it's dry, this will keep the shape of your foot. Keep doing this until the shoe stops shrinking or you get your desired fit. 

Shrinking the whole shoe is a little suspect, I'm sure it's pretty easy to ruin them like that.

I've only shrank the toe box, not the entire shoe. I used my garment steamer. 

Hold your steamer about an inch away from the toe box and watch until you see the fabric shrink. As soon as the fabric shrinks a bit put the shoe on and wear it around the house until it's dry, this will keep the shape of your foot. Keep doing this until the shoe stops shrinking or you get your desired fit. 

Shrinking the whole shoe is a little suspect, I'm sure it's pretty easy to ruin them like that.

Will shrinking just the toe box get the desired effect of making it a half size smaller? I don't have a garment steamer but will now try to borrow one.

What I've (unsuccessfully) done is to try to steam it over a kettle on the stove. Then just made the steam go all over the shoe. Maybe it didn't produce enough steam, haha. I felt it get a little tighter but not enough for the desired half size.

Thanks for the help, I tried searching the Internet and this thread and couldn't get any helpful details.

Rather than trying to shrink and potentially ruin the shoe, why not sell it and use the funds to cover a purchase for your correct size?

Will shrinking just the toe box get the desired effect of making it a half size smaller? I don't have a garment steamer but will now try to borrow one.

What I've (unsuccessfully) done is to try to steam it over a kettle on the stove. Then just made the steam go all over the shoe. Maybe it didn't produce enough steam, haha. I felt it get a little tighter but not enough for the desired half size.

Thanks for the help, I tried searching the Internet and this thread and couldn't get any helpful details.
Some fancy irons have a concentrated steam nozzle. Check your iron

Update on the Footlocker stock locator for the sz 10 Oreos:

Really surprised but they came through! Was skeptical after a couple guys mentioned how it'd likely be cancelled and after @Jacobisamac  ended getting some Flyknit Frees instead of the Oreos.

Gotta thank my girl for recommending me to do the stock locator when she went with me last week 
smokin.gif

repped for being a good dude. And I don't even wear that size.
I appreciate it man. After hearing all the talk about Uni Reds going for $250+, I figured I'd see if there was any NT fam that I could help out. I've only seen 1 person (not including myself) in my college town of 50,000+ ever wear Racers so it's not surprising that they've sat for so long. 

I appreciate it man. After hearing all the talk about Uni Reds going for $250+, I figured I'd see if there was any NT fam that I could help out. I've only seen 1 person (not including myself) in my college town of 50,000+ ever wear Racers so it's not surprising that they've sat for so long. 

Just to feed my curiosity, where do you live? (You can pm me if you don't want it all over the interwebs)

All the talk about ruining flyknits with steam... When flyknits originally released, some nike running stores would steam the shoes for you, so you could get the desired fit.

It won't ruin the shoe unless you overdo it. I wouldn't recommend a heat gun, unless you're wetting the shoe, and are VERY careful.

Last edited:
All the talk about ruining flyknits with steam... When flyknits originally released, some nike running stores would steam the shoes for you, so you could get the desired fit.

It won't ruin the shoe unless you overdo it.

Agreed.

But then again you have to remember 89% of people aren't using them for the purpose they were designed for..

So the shrink isn't desired by many due to its look after shrinkage to form that "second skin".

fake. A few tell-tale signs too. That extra white loop at the first lace hole. The stripes near the tongue shouldn't be there, swoosh colors are off. Even the flyknit weave and material looks off. Not to mention, it's never good to see that many boxes, like it rolled out the fake factory in big shipments. The shape of those also look like trainers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom