OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
Latest pickups :pimp:

I say a few of these are fairly underrated.

Walter..

Last edited:
Latest pickups
pimp.gif

nice pick ups I've never liked the sail volts.. Ive had around 3 sold 1 and customized 2

main reason why I got into customizing

still need to black out the flywire on medial side of the back pair 

first pair has a waxed tongue look.. from a mistake but imo it does look great

Last edited:

nice pick ups I've never liked the sail volts.. Ive had around 3 sold 1 and customized 2

Nice

I'd personally paint the flywire white on the lateral side and black on the medial side.

Not into the volt flywire. IMO.

I had a similar issue. I tried calling Nike, but they told me due to logistical issues it just wasn't something they offered. I'm not entirely sure why they don't offer replacement insoles though. I bet the margins would be pretty significant. The rep said he would pass the feedback along. Meh. I didn't ask for it, but the Rep was quick to offer up a 20% promo for my troubles.
Thanks LVFT. I understand the logistical issues involved, just wondering if someone out there had any. Ideally original ones that they don't use. I wouldn't even mind getting insoles from a fake pair, haha.
They're just plain old Ortholite insoles. Flip one of them from your other pairs over and you'll see the logo on the midfoot arch. You can get em from Amazon.
Cool, I knew Ortholite made them but I didn't know that you can get Ortholite insoles in Amazon. Thanks Nickthestick91!

Last edited:

I like what you've done to them. I personally do like the sail volts, but this looks like a great custom to do with them. Post pics when you're done! :nerd:

Walter..

Last edited:
I stopped by the Nike Lab store on Mercer Street in NYC and they have the Blue Lagoons. They also have the Bright Citrus shoes too. 

A friend and former teammate of mine, who is a Nike athlete and Olympian, gave me these custom Chlorines (Size 10.5). The soles have zoom air in both forefoot and the heel. They are really comfortable. 

All his racing flats are custom one offs made specifically for him. He wouldn't give up his USA's though (understandably) haha. 

A friend and former teammate of mine, who is a Nike athlete and Olympian, gave me these custom Chlorines (Size 10.5). The soles have zoom air in both forefoot and the heel. They are really comfortable. 

All his racing flats are custom one offs made specifically for him. He wouldn't give up his USA's though (understandably) haha. 
I'm sorry, but those are...
eyes.gif

Those are so ******* dope. Love that 90's zoom midsole.

Pics of my latest project. In my opinion, this is how Nike should've made the shoe. Then again, I guess it'll look too much like an MC.

Let's see how the paint holds up after use... 
ohwell.gif
Looks so much better, nice job!

BTW does anyone that painted the midsoles have any updates on the midsoles cracking after use? I havent seen any updates

Pics of my latest project. In my opinion, this is how Nike should've made the shoe. Then again, I guess it'll look too much like an MC.

Let's see how the paint holds up after use... 
ohwell.gif

BTW does anyone that painted the midsoles have any updates on the midsoles cracking after use? I havent seen any updates
@raceyourself   Looking good!

Did you remember to wear them a bit before painting them to "set" the creases in? This is supposed to help the long term durability of paint.

Last edited:
Not my cup of tea but pretty cool nonetheless. What's the size tag look like?
Thanks. Pretty cool to have a "1 of 1" shoe where only one like it exists in world. They're a little better (and more durable) for actual running than standard Racers due to the slightly more built up sole and forefoot and heel zoom.

There's no size tag. He must have peeled it off.

Back
Top Bottom