OFFICIAL: Nike Zoom FLYKNIT Collection - Racers + Trainers ONLY - (SIZE POLL ON FIRST PAGE. CHECK TH

Size preference

• True to size

Votes: 101 48.3%
  • True to size runs snug, but feels fine

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Runs small, need to go .5 size up

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • Runs big, need to go .5 size down

Votes: 28 13.4%

• Total voters
[rule]

@raceyourself
  Looking good!

Did you remember to wear them a bit before painting them to "set" the creases in? This is supposed to help the long term durability of paint.

Yup, wore them around the house so the soles wouldn't get dirty. Jumped a lot to squish the heel too. And pushed it down on the table for good measure, haha.

BTW does anyone that painted the midsoles have any updates on the midsoles cracking after use? I havent seen any updates

I did have some small bubbling on my right shoe but my left shoe is fine. Going redo the right side of the shoe. Most likely missed a small spot when I was prepping.

I've ID'd the sole of my custom Racers and they are from the "Zoom Marathoner", a shoe worn and tested by Paula Radcliffe, Shalane Flanagan, and other Nike world class marathoners. This combined with the Racer upper seems to be the best of both worlds for actual long distance running.

I originally thought the soles were from an older Zoom Streak but I was wrong.

Looks so much better, nice job!

BTW does anyone that painted the midsoles have any updates on the midsoles cracking after use? I havent seen any updates
I have painted mine, shoes do crack at the heel end, i will need to repaint mine.

but you need to wear them out first before you paint them

A museum that puts out the wrong shoe, or the wrong name of the model

if you guys had to pick and only allowed to have 1 pair of racers, which ONE pair of Racers would you choose. (leave out HTM's, and all your Trainer guys, no trainers lol)

My pick would probably be Neo Turqs. 

if you guys had to pick and only allowed to have 1 pair of racers, which ONE pair of Racers would you choose. (leave out HTM's, and all your Trainer guys, no trainers lol)

My pick would probably be Neo Turqs. 
Oreo 1's. Goes with everything 
pimp.gif

Imo, all the best racers have had blended weave and white midsole look to them. Cheetos, MC, neoturq, atomic purple, game royals, etc. I wasn't feeling racers as much back when I had only seen the solid colored pairs.

I agree with you on those colorways, they're some of the nicer Racer colors. But there are some pretty dope solid ones too like Uni Red, Dark Gray, and B&W. And some not so nice newer weave ones like Flaming Cheetos and Sport Turquoise.

i agree on the oreo 1.0's. Fact i've worn them everyday and they get more love than the Oreo 2.0

But from the nice color standpoint, Neo Turq's are my jam. I love Chlorines too but mixed weaves are the best colors

Back
Top Bottom